2023 Spring Practice | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

Maybe it's asking for lightning to strike twice; but, an AET-like transfer would give this team such a higher ceiling.
And an ACC center. The one we recruited from JUCO may or may not show up? I'm not getting good vibes. Without a respectable O-line everything else goes to s-hit.

And an ACC center. The one we recruited from JUCO may or may not show up? I'm not getting good vibes. Without a respectable O-line everything else goes to s-hit.
You’re correct. I still think the offensive line is very below average. Our offense will struggle all season unless this group improves dramatically from last year. There are still to many question marks with this group to expect anything different.

You’re correct. I still think the offensive line is very below average. Our offense will struggle all season unless this group improves dramatically from last year. There are still to many question marks with this group to expect anything different.
This can’t be overstated. Our defense was good to great in 2021 but our offensive line prevented the offense from sustaining long drives. Defense was not only gassed by years end, but also injured in ‘21. Really fear the same will happen this season unless they bring in some players. Or guys like Cruz, Ilaoa, and More take steps forward. Given our lack of success developing OL under Babers, I wouldn’t bet on it.

Yes
Maybe it's asking for lightning to strike twice; but, an AET-like transfer would give this team such a higher ceiling.
we do that and if the OL that we end up rolling with is decent, this is going to be a dangerous team

Yes

we do that and if the OL that we end up rolling with is decent, this is going to be a dangerous team

I think once again it all comes down to the OL. We have to be able to get some competent pass-pro. Rolling through coaches and players there’s gotta be an answer in their someplace

Can someone email JW and ask what’s being done in the off-season to address the OL? I think I used up my quota for the month on the men’s hoops drama.
A new OL coach was hired.

Theee transfer OL were added to the roster. Two will likely start. Though one had clearinghouse issues and has to sit out the spring semester.

Two other promising frosh OL were added to the roster.

That is quite a bit of change for one off season.

I fully expect us to add one if not two more OLs after spring ball. The other need is at TE

How was that even remotely close to PI?
Are you freakin' kidding me? Pause at :04 and you can clearly see as Gadsen tries to undercut Oliver, his right hand is pulling down on Gadsen's left shoulder. Gadsen doesn't fall on his own. Called in live game every day, every play.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Pause at :04 and you can clearly see as Gadsen tries to undercut Oliver, his right hand is pulling down on Gadsen's left shoulder. Gadsen doesn't fall on his own. Called in live game every day, every play.
I'm watching it on my phone, but I don't see any of that. It looks like OG stumbles trying to stop the route.

Ball not in flight yet. No PI. Maybe holding on the tug but Gadsden slipped on his own trying to break in on the top of his route
You're technically right for college football, it's still a defensive holding penalty , he slipped because of the pull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom