2023 Spring Practice | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

We have 6 open scholarships as of now, and who knows what happens after spring ball. No question we will bring in some more OL talent, I would think at least 2 players. Hopefully Reed gets cleared by the NCAA, he could be a key guy.

We should be three scholarship players deep at every position. We are not.

6 scholarships:

3 OL
1 RB
1 CB
1 S

There will be bodies in the portal.

We need to expedite the evaluations and address our needs.

6 scholarships:

3 OL
1 RB
1 CB
1 S

Yup

Fluid situation

Roster far from settled

So the comment on Hanna and Morgan... are they gone, or if they work out academics are they potentially back?

So the comment on Hanna and Morgan... are they gone, or if they work out academics are they potentially back?

Could be interpreted two ways.

1. They're taking Spring Ball off to work on academics, and the door is open for their return in August.

2. They're working on academics so they can be eligible to transfer.

I don’t think because we have 6 scholarships available doesn’t necessarily mean we can bring 6 more players in. With the portal and the increase in the number of transfers these days, maybe I’m wrong. I’m sure OrangeXtreme or CuseLegacy could clarify.

Would think they could potentially be back based on his answer. If they were fine academically and went into the portal, I believe he would say this.

Dropping players with possible academic issues from the roster might be a way the staff is applying pressure to players falling into grade issues. It could be a way of applying pressure to a player and letting them know their academics are important to the staff.

I don’t think because we have 6 scholarships available doesn’t necessarily mean we can bring 6 more players in. With the portal and the increase in the number of transfers these days, maybe I’m wrong. I’m sure OrangeXtreme or CuseLegacy could clarify.
They dropped the cap on 25 players per season enrolling, so they can bring in as many players as there are scholarships available. Also, we usually end up with about 82 scholarship players by the time toe meets leather on Labor Day weekend, so don't be shocked if we don't use all six.

6 scholarships:

3 OL
1 RB
1 CB
1 S

100% agree. People always forget this applies to punters too.

Doesn’t Dino usually say something like “I don’t comment on players not on the team” or “they decided to move on and we wish them the best”. That makes me think they can academically work their way back on the team

If the receiver don't threaten up field and make the corner pedal then the blocking angle of the slot wr gets destroyed. Its start with the guy getting the ball. He has to help the blocker out. That's how tunnel screens work. I wouldn't worry about where they are on there field. They can just be running a screen drill session. Not enough video to determine the context. Its could be a situational thing, check with me, etc.. Its definitely not a scrimmage.
I’m more concerned that we see these issues and the coaches don’t. play should have been whistled dead and the receivers undressed right on the spot.

I’m more concerned that we see these issues and the coaches don’t. play should have been whistled dead and the receivers undressed right on the spot.
I’m m pretty sure the coaches see it , and a hell of a lot more then us. Can they improve upon said issues is a question.

Aye, my point was these coaches not only are there but dissect hours of videotape including practices. The idea that we see flaws that they miss is ludicrous.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dino's practice philosophy has always been to get in as many reps as possible and then talk about it later. Unless things are going very badly, like apparently happened with the QBs on Tuesday.

I don't think that's fair. I can watch a glimpse of anyone's practice and point out bad execution. You cant stop each time it happens. Have to address it in the meetings, during film review. You are limited on time when you're on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom