2023 Spring Practice | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

A new OL coach was hired.

Theee transfer OL were added to the roster. Two will likely start. Though one had clearinghouse issues and has to sit out the spring semester.

Two other promising frosh OL were added to the roster.

That is quite a bit of change for one off season.

Since two guys were just disqualified, it seems to me we still could use at least one more portal guy, if we can get someone who can slot in and actually play.

Since two guys were just disqualified, it seems to me we still could use at least one more portal guy, if we can get someone who can slot in and actually play.
Who were the 2 that were disqualified?

Thats actually a NFL rule. Holding is called when you are restricting them from getting to their landmark. Before the ball is thrown.
Now, the defensive holding penalty will still be a 10-yard call, but it comes with a new added wrinkle, according to the official release from the NCAA.

Defensive holding will remain a 10-yard penalty but will always carry an automatic first down.

He's talking about Hanna and Morgan who Babers said were working on their academics.
I hope we get both back, can't have enough QBs and Hanna is a playmaker, he's a good tackler for only being 170 pounds last season. Good on specials and ability to be interception threat

I thought it already was an automatic first down.

That’s D PI - pass interference.

D holding was only a 1st down if the yardage was sufficient.

Now it’s an automatic.

That’s D PI - pass interference.

D holding was only a 1st down if the yardage was sufficient.

Now it’s an automatic.
Ok. For some reason I always thought it was automatic. Is it automatic in the NFL?

He's talking about Hanna and Morgan who Babers said were working on their academics.

No, I believe Tomcat (or someone else) said we had 2 DQs on the O line. I take that to mean medical. Barclay and Red, pretty sure they said.

Our D is going to be really strong. Good overall depth and talent and Rocky is a fantastic coach. I am telling you, if we can shore up the O Line and passing game via the portal after spring ball, this is going to be a dangerous team

Our D is going to be really strong. Good overall depth and talent and Rocky is a fantastic coach. I am telling you, if we can shore up the O Line and passing game via the portal after spring ball, this is going to be a dangerous team
I think they can and will find two more OL that could compete to start. Feels like Enrique Cruz is the key guy. If he can play well enough at LT then things will be great.

is there any advertising for the spring game? There was a decent turnout last year. The university sucks at this stuff.

The thing that paid big dividends in White’s system was the ability to find opportunities to get young guys and backups on the field in real game situations. That helped develop depth beyond what we have seen in recent decades. I hope Coach Long can do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom