2023 Spring Practice | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

Are those even the 2’s? What are we anticipating this year? From left to right… Enrique Cruz, Bleich, Ilaoa/The JUCO (if he makes it), Ellis, More? So many unknowns
There's 10 offensive linemen on the roster right now, so yeah, if they're not the ones, they're the twos.

Also, it's a couple of reps on Day 4 of Spring Practice. There's worse times to not look great.

There's 10 offensive linemen on the roster right now, so yeah, if they're not the ones, they're the twos.

Also, it's a couple of reps on Day 4 of Spring Practice. There's worse times to not look great.
I hear what you’re saying about day 4 of Spring Ball, but there’s no reason this team shouldn’t be bowl eligible again this year. As a whole they return too much and there’s too much talent on the roster not to win 6 games.

With that being said the offensive lines under Babers have been just downright brutal. If the kids in the program aren’t good enough, then it’s a necessity to bring in 2 or 3 more guys from the portal with our open scholarships. I simply cannot take a repeat of 2021 where DeVito and company were running for their lives every drop back and they still somehow won 5 games.

I hear what you’re saying about day 4 of Spring Ball, but there’s no reason this team shouldn’t be bowl eligible again this year. As a whole they return too much and there’s too much talent on the roster not to win 6 games.
If you feel this way then why are you saying there are so many unknowns 4 days into spring ball?

If you feel this way then why are you saying there are so many unknowns 4 days into spring ball?
Because there are that many unknowns on the OL. The rest of the roster is a much more known quantity and I fear they will be held back by a lack of talent at OL.

Because there are that many unknowns on the OL. The rest of the roster is a much more known quantity and I fear they will be held back by a lack of talent at OL.
yeah for sure but this is what we have known for years. We’ve seen these guys get recruited along with some transfers pick ups. O line has been a work in progress. This is nothing new for them. Having the experience in the interior helps a lot. Cruz and More will have to step up.

That's what happens when you dont sell deep on the slip screen. Corner attacks immediately
That is only part of it though. Gadsden also maybe could have executed the blocking assignment better reacted quicker to block the correct guy. Not sure i love the play call at the goal line but Gadsden blocks the DB that goes after Jones, the play probably works. But agree Jones has to sell that better for sure.

Also just want to add that its great that Jones is back healthy and participating in Spring ball.

Last edited:
That is only part of it though. Gadsden also maybe could have executed the blocking assignment better reacted quicker to block the correct guy. Not sure i love the play call at the goal line but Gadsden blocks the DB that goes after Jones, the play probably works. But agree Jones has to sell that better for sure.

Also just want to add that its great that Jones is back healthy and participating in Spring ball.
If the receiver don't threaten up field and make the corner pedal then the blocking angle of the slot wr gets destroyed. Its start with the guy getting the ball. He has to help the blocker out. That's how tunnel screens work. I wouldn't worry about where they are on there field. They can just be running a screen drill session. Not enough video to determine the context. Its could be a situational thing, check with me, etc.. Its definitely not a scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom