2023 Spring Practice | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

Really doesnt show anything. Thanks for getting us fans excited

Yes, they are editing the film they provide severely to ensure no one has any idea what is going on.

Looks like Allen and Alford scored TDs. Clark and Simmons are working with the same team on defense, presumably with the first team. Geer got a sack on Lamson.

The coaching staff must be so happy Stephen Bailey is no longer covering the team. He was the only one who did a good job describing what he saw during the brief periods of practice open to the media.

Good coverage could help make up for how poorly the university does providing info on the program, practices and scrimmages.

I monitor coverage for all ACC football programs pretty closely. For many years, our media, primarily from Syracuse.com, was solidly middle of the pack. We were even above average back when we had Dave Rahme and Donnie Webb covering things.

At this point, we have the worst coverage in the ACC. Again, I am discussing football coverage only. Mike and Donna do an excellent job covering basketball.

Even BC has better coverage for football. Ugh.

Yes, they are editing the film they provide severely to ensure no one has any idea what is going on.

Looks like Allen and Alford scored TDs. Clark and Simmons are working with the same team on defense, presumably with the first team. Geer got a sack on Lamson.

The coaching staff must be so happy Stephen Bailey is no longer covering the team. He was the only one who did a good job describing what he saw during the brief periods of practice open to the media.

Good coverage could help make up for how poorly the university does providing info on the program, practices and scrimmages.

I monitor coverage for all ACC football programs pretty closely. For many years, our media, primarily from Syracuse.com, was solidly middle of the pack. We were even above average back when we had Dave Rahme and Donnie Webb covering things.

At this point, we have the worst coverage in the ACC. Again, I am discussing football coverage only. Mike and Donna do an excellent job covering basketball.

20 second clip and then they only show 10 seconds of footage. lol

Yep the spring game will be on ACC Network just like last year. Much to Dino’s chagrin I am sure!
Well, Dino can

james bond deal with it GIF

Question.
Why dont players wear the protective helmet padding during actual games?
Because it doesn’t look cool.

Really doesnt show anything. Thanks for getting us fans excited

Yeah, the marketing and social media team at SU is just the dregs. The sad thing is that they have entire programs dedicated to producing the next generation of talent. Just sad, disappointing, uninspired, and lazy.

I think ADJW has been really bad at addressing this for all of the teams.

If we can find a center this team has a chance at 7 or more wins
Only if all our starting offensive lineman stay healthy. It’s hard to find five guys. If we lose any of them we’re hurting. After eight years we still can’t put a consistent offensive line together. It will once again be the downfall of this team.

SU has to be careful not to show Colgate anything on film. It’s ridiculous how guarded Dino is. We still haven’t heard from the new assistant coaches. The new basketball assistant coach was all over the radio just minutes after being announced. God help us if they try to create some interest in the football program. It’s really sad. Real fans are craving for positive news and updates on player development.

SU has to be careful not to show Colgate anything on film. It’s ridiculous how guarded Dino is. We still haven’t heard from the new assistant coaches. The new basketball assistant coach was all over the radio just minutes after being announced. God help us if they try to create some interest in the football program. It’s really sad. Real fans are craving for positive news and updates on player development.
What Dino has learned beyond the shadow of a doubt , is the only thing that really drives attendance on the hill is winning. I get the frustration, but it’s kind of beating a dead horse.

Isn’t that an indication then that news from spring practice doesn’t really matter to overall fan interest?
I don't know. I think it matters even if it doesn't matter as much as other things. SEC schools probably don't need to advertise as they sell out games and pack their stadiums for spring games, but they do it anyway. It seems like a relatively cheap investment. You're not so much trying to turn non-fans into fans and we know the diahards are gonna be diehards, but to people like me that didn't grow up going to many games, going to a couple spring games helped increase my interest and convert me to a season ticket holder for a while.

I wont lie, I couldn't care less about spring practice. a quarter of the team isn't here yet and the starting QB is sidelined. Sure is it interesting to hear about potential shuffles? I guess. Maybe it is interesting to some that the far superior defense (in coaching and talent) is out classing a shorthanded offense, but thats not exactly news. I don't know, spring football practice has always seemed like forced news for every team. The only time it is really interesting is when you have a big time recruit who enrolled early fighting against a veteran for first team reps

Last edited:
Yeah, the marketing and social media team at SU is just the dregs. The sad thing is that they have entire programs dedicated to producing the next generation of talent. Just sad, disappointing, uninspired, and lazy.

I think this and similar takes underestimate Dino's impact on the information that gets shared publically. I'm pretty sure he calls the shots here.

Time has shown there are about 20K of diehards in the area attending games.. Another 20-50K who will show up given the right teams we play. Then another 20K who will show up if we are really playing well and its a hyped event.

Of those people it would seem about 500 are paying attention to anything fball related right now and most of them are on this board.

IMO you could spend $100K advertising and promoting the spring season and give free tickets to the spring game, and you might get 20 more people. This is not the south or Big 10 country.

I wont lie, I couldn't care less about spring practice. a quarter of the team isn't here yet and the starting QB is sidelined. Sure is it interesting to hear about potential shuffles? I guess. Maybe it is interesting to some that the far superior defense (in coaching and talent) is out classing a shorthanded offense, but thats not exactly news. I don't know, spring football practice has always seemed like forced news for every team. The only time it is really interesting is when you have a big time recruit who enrolled early fighting against a veteran for first team reps
I go to the Spring Game every year, and never view it as anything more than a chance to get an SU football fix, and perhaps see a handful of players who never got much field time the previous year. I don’t evaluate players based on spring game performances, because I’ve never seen a direct correlation to success in the fall. It’s just fun and interesting.

I go to the Spring Game every year, and never view it as anything more than a chance to get an SU football fix, and perhaps see a handful of players who never got much field time the previous year. I don’t evaluate players based on spring game performances, because I’ve never seen a direct correlation to success in the fall. It’s just fun and interesting.
I like to see who put in the time in the weight room. To me, passing the "look test" and taking that aspect seriously makes me think that player can improve and contribute on the field when the season starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom