2023 Transfer Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Any idea if Adler from Cornell has another year of eligibility and/or entering the portal?

Any idea if Adler from Cornell has another year of eligibility and/or entering the portal?

Missed 2021 because of the Covid shutdown.

If he wants to play in 2023, he'll have to transfer.

I suppose we'll hear about Princeton and Cornell players next week.

Good call out. Will likely hear about Maryland players as well. A lot of highly ranked players on that team that haven't seen PT that they thought they would. Case in point, Nick Demaio transferring to Towson last year.

Adler will be back at Cornell next year. He is listed as a senior but is still a junior academically because he and several other Ivy players took leaves of absence from school during Covid so as to not waste a year of eligibility. So you can't go by how they're listed online in determining whether or not they can return to their Ivy school for another year. Some "seniors" are really juniors, while others are indeed actual seniors and must transfer if they want to play another year. It's impossible to tell without knowing each player's situation. In this case Adler is returning to Cornell. He'll be listed as a senior again for the 2023 season.

Adler will be back at Cornell next year. He is listed as a senior but is still a junior academically because he and several other Ivy players took leaves of absence from school during Covid so as to not waste a year of eligibility. So you can't go by how they're listed online in determining whether or not they can return to their Ivy school for another year. Some "seniors" are really juniors, while others are indeed actual seniors and must transfer if they want to play another year. It's impossible to tell without knowing each player's situation. In this case Adler is returning to Cornell. He'll be listed as a senior again for the 2023 season.
37706886.jpg

Thanks for the info. It is really confusing to tell which players have Ivy eligibility and which don’t. I thought this year there was a one time exemption that grad students could play for Ivy teams. Cornell has a few players listed as Grad Students on their roster. Am I wrong about? Does this special exemption end after this year?

The players from Yale in the portal played their freshmen seasons in 2018. Piatelli started in 2018 but he was drafted in the PLL. I think he could still play another year in college if he wanted too. But players who were freshmen in 2019 are a mixed bag. Handley, Gerger, Adler are apparently going back to their respective schools. But Cook, Pike, Madronic and Rizzotti are all in the portal so they must have not taken a year off from school?

For Ivy players that I’m wondering about, Brown and Baughen from Princeton both played in 2018. I have to think they are done Ivy League wise? Peters from Princeton and Irelan from Cornell both started in 2019. I’m guessing they too could come back to their respective schools? According to Terry Foy, Peters is out of Ivy League eligibility though so who knows?

if erik peters does in fact have year left and has to leave princeton n he goes in portal. I would highly recommend going after him. He is a fantastic goalie.

Also like to acknowledge that two former cuse recruits(were on roster not sure saw anytime) blake ulmer and nick pappa who will be playing for D2 championship with tampa. Ulmer a goalie who seems to have a very solid year in goal. Nick papa with decent stats also including 3 goals in semi-finals. Good luck to both of them and hope tampa wins.

Ulmer at 64% . Papa 14/9/23 . Always good to see kids excel . Another ex Cuse Jack Wood was also there and had a huge frosh n soph yr for Tampa but no longer on roster

Melendez can play. One of the best attackmen out of the MIAA in recent years. I believe an IL top 60 or 70 recruit. He has dealt with some injuries but puts points on the board when healthy. Don't know much about the others.

according to fan lax rutgers has picked up harvard goalie kyle mullin and yale faceoff man joe neuman. i know the latter was a cuse target. doesn't look like mullins is coming either

according to fan lax rutgers has picked up harvard goalie kyle mullin and yale faceoff man joe neuman. i know the latter was a cuse target. doesn't look like mullins is coming either

I haven't heard anything about SU recruiting Mullins so no surprise he isn't coming here

Cuse has the the team and the opening that should attract fogo(s) that can make a huge difference.

Think something will eventually break

Agreed. I know we mentioned Neuman amongst ourselves here but I never heard any rumblings about SU actively recruiting him though it would have made sense.

Agreed. I know we mentioned Neuman amongst ourselves here but I never heard any rumblings about SU actively recruiting him though it would have made sense.
Maybe not, with TD only being a year removed from college he's got the scouting report on all the upperclassmen fogos. Perhaps some are not as proficient under the new rules. Just throwing this out there. Neumen only took 39 draws all season (51%), 20 came against Quinnipiac. Ramsay and Ball ahead of him on depth chart at end of season.

Maybe not, with TD only being a year removed from college he's got the scouting report on all the upperclassmen fogos. Perhaps some are not as proficient under the new rules. Just throwing this out there. Neumen only took 39 draws all season (51%), 20 came against Quinnipiac. Ramsay and Ball ahead of him on depth chart at end of season.

Ya I mean I wouldn't have minded SU taking a flyer on him for sure but were certainly not talking about losing out LaSalla or Sisselberger if SU did pursue him which at this point is unclear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom