2023 Transfer Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

think couldn’t hurt to go for daninger either. Having another prettty decent ssdm can not hurt and he looked pretty solid in the few rutgers games i watched. But def need to go for the fogo.

think couldn’t hurt to go for daninger either. Having another prettty decent ssdm can not hurt and he looked pretty solid in the few rutgers games i watched. But def need to go for the fogo.

I think its unlikely SU would pursue Daninger. They already have a 5th year SSDM coming in and like the young guys they have currently. Gait and Petro should be on their way to Zusi's house now. This team needs a guy like him desperately.

BE interesting to see where Gavin ends up. Does he try a D2 or D3 power, or does he move down in D1 to a Mercer, Robert Morris, Lindenwood type.

I like shortys we have also, but daninger has the experience plus think he is more solid then rosa or rice(grant rice will be good in time). I just don’t think can hurt having him, don’t mean will pursue him either. Like to also state, gavin if he leaves don’t concern me. I do hope corsi tho is just seeing what’s out there hope he stays and plays midfield as really like his speed and dodging ability. Has a nice shot also, really wasn’t thrilled to see him enter. Know he is attackman prob wants to play attack but can do that when on field not like he can’t invert or has to really change much. Just be doing it as midfield running on n off.

BE interesting to see where Gavin ends up. Does he try a D2 or D3 power, or does he move down in D1 to a Mercer, Robert Morris, Lindenwood type.
He is in a tough position. Suspended at UVA, didn't play consistently at Cuse

Big FOGO name off the board.

Not gonna panic but if Gait and Petro don't have something up their sleeves were going to be in a real bad way next year. This is a MAJOR issue and one that Gait will take a ton of heat for if we don't get a couple of fogos in here

Not gonna panic but if Gait and Petro don't have something up their sleeves were going to be in a real bad way next year. This is a MAJOR issue and one that Gait will take a ton of heat for if we don't get a couple of fogos in here

I wasn't a fan of the hire, but I think even someone pro-Gait would say its strange that he spent this past weekend at a girls lacrosse event in North Carolina vs being out recruiting like 99% of the other NCAA DI Men's coaches? I just don't feel like he is 100% invested in turning the program around.

I wasn't a fan of the hire, but I think even someone pro-Gait would say its strange that he spent this past weekend at a girls lacrosse event in North Carolina vs being out recruiting like 99% of the other NCAA DI Men's coaches? I just don't feel like he is 100% invested in turning the program around.
Totally get what you’re saying and how it can look like that. Perhaps he’s invested in both programs and wanting to help Kayla out too so both programs can be successful. He’s got Petro and March who know what their doing when it comes to recruiting and have been doing it well for years— don’t really think they need him there to do that. Kayla on the other hand is relatively new to the recruiting game.

Also, Gait has said in his introductory press conference that he will “continue to work with and support the womens program. Anything he can do, he will be there for them. And he looks forward for the day when they both can raise the national championship”.

I think that he is really trying to blur the lines between two separate programs and trying to make it one identity— syracuse lacrosse, who works in tandem and is both successful, which in turn brings 20k back to the dome to support both programs, which is kind of interesting if you think about it.

Totally get what you’re saying and how it can look like that. Perhaps he’s invested in both programs and wanting to help Kayla out too so both programs can be successful. He’s got Petro and March who know what their doing when it comes to recruiting and have been doing it well for years— don’t really think they need him there to do that. Kayla on the other hand is relatively new to the recruiting game.

Also, Gait has said in his introductory press conference that he will “continue to work with and support the womens program. Anything he can do, he will be there for them. And he looks forward for the day when they both can raise the national championship”.

I think that he is really trying to blur the lines between two separate programs and trying to make it one identity— syracuse lacrosse, who works in tandem and is both successful, which in turn brings 20k back to the dome to support both programs, which is kind of interesting if you think about it.
Understandable, but he was there selling Gait sticks.

Another FOGO enters the portal. Not a big name, and Canisius did not have the toughest schedule last year. He went just 25-71 against the following teams (the toughest on his schedule) - Hobart, Denver, Air Force, Vermont and Michigan. Still, over 50% for a freshman is something. He's from Penfield, NY.

Every day that goes by without a new FOGO my anxiety climbs.

Another FOGO enters the portal. Not a big name, and Canisius did not have the toughest schedule last year. He went just 25-71 against the following teams (the toughest on his schedule) - Hobart, Denver, Air Force, Vermont and Michigan. Still, over 50% for a freshman is something. He's from Penfield, NY.

Every day that goes by without a new FOGO my anxiety climbs.

I don't think he can be the only guy they add but for depth purposes alone I would hope SU is active here. I don't see a downside in bringing him in

From afar, this looks like the typical transfer. Kumar was IL's #17 recruit in 2020, he didn't play a lot last year. UVa doesn't lose a lot off the offense: Moore is gone but they bring in transfer McConvey, so it does not look like Kumar would get a lot more playing time as a junior at UVa.
- Then again, it might be something else that caused him to transfer

---
So with Canyon Birch, that makes it 2 top former NJ high school players for Rutgers to go after.

Last edited:
From afar, this looks like the typical transfer. Kumar was IL's #17 recruit in 2020, he didn't play a lot last year. UVa doesn't lose a lot off the offense: Moore is gone but they bring in transfer McConvey, so it does not look like Kumar would get a lot more playing time as a junior at UVa.
- Then again, it might be something else that caused him to transfer

---
So with Canyon Birch, that makes it 2 top former NJ high school players for Rutgers to go after.

Not sure Rutty would go after either to be honest. Birch looks like a guy who doesn't have the physical attributes to play at the top level an Kumar has barely touched the field. I guess I could see Kumar but there already carrying a lot of middies who rarely play.

Not sure Rutty would go after either to be honest. Birch looks like a guy who doesn't have the physical attributes to play at the top level an Kumar has barely touched the field. I guess I could see Kumar but there already carrying a lot of middies who rarely play.
I believe Bartolo and Jacoby were 5th year senior transfers, and Gallagher did his 5th year also. So I think Brecht will be looking around for some offensive talent.

I don't think he can be the only guy they add but for depth purposes alone I would hope SU is active here. I don't see a downside in bringing him in
So we had a guy coming in but he got so injured that he guaranteed will not be playing in 8 months? Doesn’t quite add up.

So we had a guy coming in but he got so injured that he guaranteed will not be playing in 8 months? Doesn’t quite add up.

I think that was hinted by someone but I have no idea of the validity or who he may have been referring to.

Terps picked up their 3rd transfer, an attackman from D-3, Donal Mullane from Bowdoin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom