2023 Transfer Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Are we expecting anymore names to pop up from cuse? Or anyone others rumored to joint the portal from other schools?

And what’s up the FO that was rumored?

Are we expecting anymore names to pop up from cuse? Or anyone others rumored to joint the portal from other schools?

And what’s up the FO that was rumored?

injury. could still happen but doubt its going to be this season.

injury. could still happen but doubt its going to be this season.

Yikes. That’s really not good. Syracuse has perhaps the worst fogo situation of any Power 5 school right now. Mullins really looks like the only option out there right now.

Yikes. That’s really not good. Syracuse has perhaps the worst fogo situation of any Power 5 school right now. Mullins really looks like the only option out there right now.

I wouldn't be shocked if Savage pulled out of the Portal. At this point he would be the starter. SU will need to add a Mullins or hit the JUCO ranks, current situation is untenable.

Dude over on Fanlax says there’s two more names to add to their list, but he wont say.
Anyone got any ideas.

Interesting decision by Gavin. Not only does he have to sit a year (assuming he transfers to a D1 school) his stock isn't exactly through the roof at this point. Not sure he's making a wise decision despite his struggles last year.
So next year we’re rolling with Thompson, Rolley, and McCool at goalie, I’m not missing anyone…

Interesting decision by Gavin. Not only does he have to sit a year (assuming he transfers to a D1 school) his stock isn't exactly through the roof at this point. Not sure he's making a wise decision despite his struggles last year.

Probably the right move for both parties. I wonder if he follows the Chris Brandau route. He started at Georgetown, transferred to Maryland then ended up at DIII Dickson. I think he’s doing pretty well there.

Tough to move around that much. Feel for the kid, don’t think it was all his fault as the defense in general left both goalies out to dry a number of times. Still, I think SU needs a better goalie going into next season.

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing the onus was GG sitting him down and explaining that he was moving the team away from the Swiss cheese style of goaltending.

Departure in itself imo could upgrade goalie position and defense by simply removing one cloud.

Gavin has ability but pretty obvious to many eyes that he lost confidence early last season and too often froze on saveable shots .
Disagree with default, man down d was awful but outside that our goalies were not frequently barraged and they faced fewer quality shots than previous year.

Petro has a decent d core returning and several prized d recruits, not expecting goaltending to stand on their heads as some goalies do but simply to make the savable ones more often

Lesson learned is it was unwise to hand position to a inexperienced goalie who joined a month before season started. Whoever assumes position whether it be a vet, a recruit , a transfer should be in camp in September working with team.

Hopefully Zusi is getting a call from a Syracuse area code

Surprised Daninger is in the portal, RU fans have been claiming he was moving on for a job. Wonder if he is testing the waters a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom