2023 Transfer Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Makes a lot of sense given what they lost on defense and with Jackoboice.

I wonder what George baughan is planning? He was a senior but still has a year left, and I know at least his mother is in Upstate NY now.
Interesting… But I haven’t seen his name in the portal

Rutgers already has one post grad goalie transfer in Kyle Mullin from Harvard. They also bring in an Under Armor All American goalie as well.

Does Rutgers have enough goalies yet? I heard Burgdorf, who transferred in last year from Providence, is returning for another season. I guess Brecht is trying to replace Kirst with sheer quantity.

Rutgers already has one post grad goalie transfer in Kyle Mullin from Harvard. They also bring in an Under Armor All American goalie as well.

Unless Palma is for sure going to redshirt seems like an odd addition. RU has several goalies and a pretty highly rated one coming in. They really need offensive help, SSDM help and another long pole. Adding another goalie at this point makes little sense

Did Madronic pick a new home? Is this a preemptive to his transfer annoucement?

Rumblings that he's moving on into the workforce and forgoing a final year

Correct. Madronic is done with college lax, got a job.

Top offensive guys left in the portal are Schelling, McGovern, Cook, Antonelli, Madonna...though I've heard at least one and possibly several are also forgoing their extra year and getting a job.

The biggest prize remains Hudgins

Top offensive guys left in the portal are Schelling, McGovern, Cook, Antonelli, Madonna...though I've heard at least one and possibly several are also forgoing their extra year and getting a job.

someone could probably use bromwell.

I read somewhere that Madonna was going to Richmond to play with his brother Lance. Not sure if that was just conjecture since they are brother or if its true. Would be nice for SU to land Madonna as he would really help the midfield. He's a very good shooter.

Seems like Hopkins should be all over Schelling given their struggles on offense and his connection with new OC John Crawley. Of course lots of players go lots of surprising places and Schelling might be pretty in demand given his impressive stat line last year.

A poster on Fanlax said that Canyon Birch is headed to Tampa (DII). He doesn't belong with the list above but he garnered some attention when he first entered the portal.

Not sure what SU's chances of landing Hudgins are. I have to imagine he's getting full court press from just about everyone. What makes me doubt SU's chances is that fact his dad said going to a "winning program" is important, and pointed out that Syracuse had a lot of work to do. The Orange have a lot of questions on close defense with only one starter returning in Caccamo.

Pretty much all of Syracuse's resources right now should be spent on Jamie Zusi of Penn. I sound like a broken record but the face-off position right now is a glaring hole. Things could get really ugly next year if the team doesn't have someone who can win 50%+ at the X. Zusi seems like the only option right now which is pretty scary.

I read somewhere that Madonna was going to Richmond to play with his brother Lance. Not sure if that was just conjecture since they are brother or if its true. Would be nice for SU to land Madonna as he would really help the midfield. He's a very good shooter.

Seems like Hopkins should be all over Schelling given their struggles on offense and his connection with new OC John Crawley. Of course lots of players go lots of surprising places and Schelling might be pretty in demand given his impressive stat line last year.

A poster on Fanlax said that Canyon Birch is headed to Tampa (DII). He doesn't belong with the list above but he garnered some attention when he first entered the portal.

Not sure what SU's chances of landing Hudgins are. I have to imagine he's getting full court press from just about everyone. What makes me doubt SU's chances is that fact his dad said going to a "winning program" is important, and pointed out that Syracuse had a lot of work to do. The Orange have a lot of questions on close defense with only one starter returning in Caccamo.

Pretty much all of Syracuse's resources right now should be spent on Jamie Zusi of Penn. I sound like a broken record but the face-off position right now is a glaring hole. Things could get really ugly next year if the team doesn't have someone who can win 50%+ at the X. Zusi seems like the only option right now which is pretty scary.

Agreed, while Hudgins would be nice the real issue is FOGO right now.

They have to have something up their sleeves right? If I'm Gait & Co, the only way I can sleep right now is knowing something the general public doesn't.

Zusi seems like a stretch. Pingry kid at Penn seems destined for somewhere with higher academics.

UNC losing a lot of players this off-season.

Wow. He was one of the only guy's besides Gray who was scary off the dodge. Petro better be as advertised or they are in massive trouble. Just imagine how fired Breshi would be if they missed the playoffs in 2016 instead of squeaking in and winning the natty? It would be a Desko Petro Starsia situation on steroids.

Wow. He was one of the only guy's besides Gray who was scary off the dodge. Petro better be as advertised or they are in massive trouble. Just imagine how fired Breshi would be if they missed the playoffs in 2016 instead of squeaking in and winning the natty? It would be a Desko Petro Starsia situation on steroids.
So do you think if he doesn’t make the tourney next year he’s on the hot seat?

So do you think if he doesn’t make the tourney next year he’s on the hot seat?
I think at least a slightly hot seat. Granted they did make the final 4 in 2021 (for some reason I always think they only made it to the second round) but that team was absolutely stacked with talent. Not sure what it would take for them to make the playoffs next year. Gray is such a massive talent and they really didn't come close this year. Losing a guy like Herbert is a terrible look. Whole offense is gutted now. 2 seasons down the road could be truly make or break. They still have a very good 2022 recruiting class. Petro better go off.

I think at least a slightly hot seat. Granted they did make the final 4 in 2021 (for some reason I always think they only made it to the second round) but that team was absolutely stacked with talent. Not sure what it would take for them to make the playoffs next year. Gray is such a massive talent and they really didn't come close this year. Losing a guy like Herbert is a terrible look. Whole offense is gutted now. 2 seasons down the road could be truly make or break. They still have a very good 2022 recruiting class. Petro better go off.
Well if things keep up like this maybe it a great scenario for the twins to transfer to upstate.. lol

Breschi got a 5-year extension in 2018 that runs through the 2023 season. Either he was quietly extended with no announcement, or he's about to be a lame duck. I lean toward the latter but can't say for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom