2023 Transfer Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Breschi got a 5-year extension in 2018 that runs through the 2023 season. Either he was quietly extended with no announcement, or he's about to be a lame duck. I lean toward the latter but can't say for sure.

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a very experienced coach out there who could take over? Maybe one whose two sons are already enrolled at UNC?

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a very experienced coach out there who could take over? Maybe one whose two sons are already enrolled at UNC?
I doubt they would look at petro unless he really turned things around for the defense here, or mayyybe if the team overall is doing super well. Another couple years even remotely like last year for the D and he is not getting a job that high up.

I doubt they would look at petro unless he really turned things around for the defense here, or mayyybe if the team overall is doing super well. Another couple years even remotely like last year for the D and he is not getting a job that high up.

Even if the D was light years better this year I can't see UNC seriously considering Petro. Plenty of younger more O centered coaches they would go after.

Breschi is fine man of high character with a chip in his pocket but so did Starsia. UNC has invested a lot in their facilities and has all the recruiting advantages . Their AD will likely be looking closer at their lax program given sports continuing emergence and coverage . . My early ACC predict is local rival Duke will be best of league and Cuse will surpass a fading UNC which will increase pressure and speculation of a coaching change. Natural to believe Petro name would come up if those hypotheticals unfold. Think a younger candidate would be a frontrunner but not unrealistic to think Petro could land because he still has numerous supporters and his visibility bring instant attention to a program that lacks a fanbase despite all.

A goalie used to seeing a lot shots would fit in with the Syracuse defense. There is always a debate to be had about level of competition but I wonder if SU takes a flyer on him.

Breschi is fine man of high character with a chip in his pocket but so did Starsia. UNC has invested a lot in their facilities and has all the recruiting advantages . Their AD will likely be looking closer at their lax program given sports continuing emergence and coverage . . My early ACC predict is local rival Duke will be best of league and Cuse will surpass a fading UNC which will increase pressure and speculation of a coaching change. Natural to believe Petro name would come up if those hypotheticals unfold. Think a younger candidate would be a frontrunner but not unrealistic to think Petro could land because he still has numerous supporters and his visibility bring instant attention to a program that lacks a fanbase despite all.
I'm surprised you don't pick Notre Dame for tops in the ACC next year.

From afar, Solomon, Kelly and Herbert were players that didn't come through for UNC as much as they were needed last season. Solomon's and Kelly's point totals, 37 and 35, respectively, seem rather middling, if not a tad subpar for starting senior attackmen in D1 these days. One could see Breschi being willing to go with a youth movement on attack and feeling he could probably get as much out of his young attackmen. I imagine Breschi is unhappy at losing Herbert, as he might blossom this coming spring, but 17 points is not a lot for a first line midfielder. Gray is the big loss here.

In the comparison with Syracuse, both teams seem to be going with youth movements on the offense, although Syracuse will get Hiltz back. UNC does have a solid, experienced goalie in Krieg. If Tucci returns for a 5th year, it would give UNC a large edge in face-offs, even UNC's 2nd guy Tyeryar was over .500.

I'm surprised you don't pick Notre Dame for tops in the ACC next year.

From afar, Solomon, Kelly and Herbert were players that didn't come through for UNC as much as they were needed last season. Solomon's and Kelly's point totals, 37 and 35, respectively, seem rather middling, if not a tad subpar for starting senior attackmen in D1 these days. One could see Breschi being willing to go with a youth movement on attack and feeling he could probably get as much out of his young attackmen. I imagine Breschi is unhappy at losing Herbert, as he might blossom this coming spring, but 17 points is not a lot for a first line midfielder. Gray is the big loss here.

In the comparison with Syracuse, both teams seem to be going with youth movements on the offense, although Syracuse will get Hiltz back. UNC does have a solid, experienced goalie in Krieg. If Tucci returns for a 5th year, it would give UNC a large edge in face-offs, even UNC's 2nd guy Tyeryar was over .500.

Tucci is in the PLL. UNC certainly has the advantage at the Face-off X regardless.

Thanks for the update.
I wonder where Herbert is looking to go.

Cuse should take a shot on this kid. Maybe the only player in D1 from Wyoming? Numbers aren't mindblowing but went 17-28 against Hofstra, 15-23 vs. UMass, 10-19 vs. Stony Brook and 10-18 vs. Rutgers so he's capable of winning a matchup against decent competition which is better than what the Orange currently have on the roster.

Cuse should take a shot on this kid. Maybe the only player in D1 from Wyoming? Numbers aren't mindblowing but went 17-28 against Hofstra, 15-23 vs. UMass, 10-19 vs. Stony Brook and 10-18 vs. Rutgers so he's capable of winning a matchup against decent competition which is better than what the Orange currently have on the roster.
He went .607 for Lycoming first two years
.516 with LIU for two years.. not that bad of a drop between DIII to DI.
Also played RB @Lycoming

He went .607 for Lycoming first two years
.516 with LIU for two years.. not that bad of a drop between DIII to DI.
Also played RB @Lycoming

Yep, 60% in D3 and 52% at LIU probably equates to something in the vicinity of 45% at Syracuse but again, that's probably better than current situation and at worst provides some capable depth

Also silly me, he's from wyoming county PA, not the state of Wyoming. Read his bio too fast

Yep, 60% in D3 and 52% at LIU probably equates to something in the vicinity of 45% at Syracuse but again, that's probably better than current situation and at worst provides some capable depth

Also silly me, he's from wyoming county PA, not the state of Wyoming. Read his bio too fast

Any insight into how good their goalie is who also entered the portal? Apparently their top SSDM also entered (though I haven't seen anything official). The big budget items for SU to me were FOGO, goalie and SSDM. Would be interesting if they all came from one team. I'm still not convinced the Orange shorties are up to snuff, would be encouraged if they added a few more bodies in that department.

Any insight into how good their goalie is who also entered the portal? Apparently their top SSDM also entered (though I haven't seen anything official). The big budget items for SU to me were FOGO, goalie and SSDM. Would be interesting if they all came from one team. I'm still not convinced the Orange shorties are up to snuff, would be encouraged if they added a few more bodies in that department.

Will Mark is solid. Career save percentages of 53, 58, and 55 speaks for itself. Albeit against lesser competition but no reason he can't be above 50% in the ACC or Big Ten. LIU has a great goalie coach in Matt Gill though I don't know his status now with their coaching change. If I am any goalie needy program I am jumping all over Mark especially since there isn't much else out there. The rumor is that Demopolous is staying at Brown.

Tough loss for RU, lose most of their starting Defense
No tears shed or Ratgirls. Their staff should be expending more energy recruiting deep NJ talent than simply relying on numerous transfers to keep them afloat . Kirst was most certainly recruited by them yet chose us because different pictures will be drawn this year . Hope Cuse puts Ratgirls back on schedule and exposes them for the house of cards they are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom