2023 Transfer Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Not sure where the news came from but I heard Kirst is not in the portal. At least not yet. Perhaps he will be soon.

Not sure where the news came from but I heard Kirst is not in the portal. At least not yet. Perhaps he will be soon.
Which kirst is this?

The poster on FanLax said both he and Shelling from Lehigh were in the portal, then updated the list and took both off with no explanation. This was a different poster than the one who said Kirst was headed to Syracuse.

Can you confirm any other Syracuse players in the portal? It sounds like Jack Kennedy might be in there now as well.

The poster on FanLax said both he and Shelling from Lehigh were in the portal, then updated the list and took both off with no explanation. This was a different poster than the one who said Kirst was headed to Syracuse.

Can you confirm any other Syracuse players in the portal? It sounds like Jack Kennedy might be in there now as well.
haven't heard about anyone else but i'll check in with my guy later today. he has direct access to the portal as an assistant coach

Can be hit or miss sometimes but the info a fanlax with transfers is usually fairly good. Odd situation with the Lehigh guys for sure. NO idea if Kirst eventually ends up here but thought his addition was a bit odd from an SU standpoint unless they plan to move him to midfield.

Can be hit or miss sometimes but the info a fanlax with transfers is usually fairly good. Odd situation with the Lehigh guys for sure. NO idea if Kirst eventually ends up here but thought his addition was a bit odd from an SU standpoint unless they plan to move him to midfield.

Yes, it can certainly be hit or miss. Someone posted with certainly a few weeks back that Dobson was headed to Duke, and then the next day it came out he was entering the PLL draft. Have to take these things with a grain of salt.

Speaking of rumors someone said that Dordevic has decided on Georgetown. From a Cuse perspective there certainly could be worse places for him to end up. Should be an interesting fit. Best of luck to him.

Yes, it can certainly be hit or miss. Someone posted with certainly a few weeks back that Dobson was headed to Duke, and then the next day it came out he was entering the PLL draft. Have to take these things with a grain of salt.

Speaking of rumors someone said that Dordevic has decided on Georgetown. From a Cuse perspective there certainly could be worse places for him to end up. Should be an interesting fit. Best of luck to him.
Whew. That would be a relief if that was true about dordevic. I despise all his other options for one reason or another.

Yup until we get confirmation you can't take anything as gospel over there despite the track record being fairly good at least as far as online message boards go.

Saw that rumor about G-town, would probably be the best case scenario for an SU fan, no ACC teams, no B10 teams and a team we don't play next year.

--Schelling is another in the line of Delbarton attackman. He is good and should be pursued even if Kirst has come aboard. Would imagine a few teammates transferring to a new team makes their transition smoother.

--On another note , #1 Maryland had 3 dm's chosen in PLL draft at 7, 11, 22 which has to be a record .
Pros understand the importance of ssdm and two way middies in making or breaking a defense as well as aiding offense.

#2 Gtown defense has an excellent staple of dm's including Geddes , Hess and Godine.

Tillman's first grab in 23 portal a while ago was a 6'3" dm from Sacred Heart . Don't know what other dm's are in portal but adding a quality dm with size to augment our unit would be beneficial.

--- only saw Krebs once vs Duke so no idea of quality beyond that positive impression , assume he could return for final year of eligibility if he elected

Hopefully he's not salty anymore about Cuse not recruiting him as hard back in HS. He is a Top 5 PLL pick and in my eyes the best Defender in college currently. Petro needs to pull out all the stops to get this kid in orange. Make that drive to Camillus Petro!!! Lol

Couldn't find a great answer online but i think transferring this late at West Point means he owes them some money. It's probably been a tough year for him.

Last edited:

Couldn't find a great answer online but i think transferring this late at West Point means he owes them some money. It's probably been a tough year for him.
Texan Mark would know.

Encouraging that Syracuse seems to be in the running at least. I imagine every team in the country is reaching out to him right now. He would instantly improve the defense and be the true alpha defender SU has lacked since the last West Genny guy was around (Nick Mellen).

Credit to to the Syracuse media for reaching out and getting the scoop.

SU does have a Masters of Science in Engineering Management, not sure how rare of a graduate program that is though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom