2024 bowl projections thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2024 bowl projections thread

I think people are using the term exhibition incorrectly; want to know what an exhibition game is? Senior Bowl, NFL preseason games, Pro Bowl etc. Those are exhibition games.

Never heard anyone say they were exhibition games. They go on your record, an exhibition game wouldn’t. And they count for the final rankings which an exhibition wouldn’t.
Fans who think that the only thing that matters is making the playoffs, or the seasons is a waste, think they are “exhibition games”. People who think the 1 in 1000 chance of a career ending injury is a good reason to bail on the other 100 teammates who want to win, think it’s an “exhibition”.

every one else thinks it counts, it is a great way to rep your school, make lasting memories for you and your fans, and go out a winner.

The culture at Georgia where everyone played and crushed FSU like a bug in the “meaningless bowl” is the winning “culture” some will never understand.

Fans who think that the only thing that matters is making the playoffs, or the seasons is a waste, think they are “exhibition games”. People who think the 1 in 1000 chance of a career ending injury is a good reason to bail on the other 100 teammates who want to win, think it’s an “exhibition”.

every one else thinks it counts, it is a great way to rep your school, make lasting memories for you and your fans, and go out a winner.

The culture at Georgia where everyone played and crushed FSU like a bug in the “meaningless bowl” is the winning “culture” some will never understand.
Someone get this man a fine drink and some fancy treats.

I hope he will play for Fran but who knows.

I absolutely would hope so too, especially if we made the playoffs. But these are different times now. More and more players who are either going to transfer or entering the draft won’t risk injury playing in a bowl.

Nobody used to minimize bowl games no matter how lowly the bowl game was. But the team you watched all season and rooted for was also the team that showed up to play in the bowl game, against another team fielding the same roster they had all year. Barring injury.

That is not true anymore by any means. Even last years bowl game was a great example of that. Does it count……. sure, as far as a number is changed in your W/L column afterwards. Is it a game that matters as much as a regular season game? Not even close. Bowl games used to be your teams playoff or Super Bowl game to end the season. We’re light years away from the bowl games being that anymore.

I don’t believe they’re an exhibition game, they’re a really early spring game played against another school.

1st round picks Brock Bowers and Amarius Mims didn't play in the meaningless bowl game.

I'm assuming by "everyone" you didn't include the guaranteed 1st rd picks for a reason?

Nobody used to minimize bowl games no matter how lowly the bowl game was. But the team you watched all season and rooted for was also the team that showed up to play in the bowl game, against another team fielding the same roster they had all year. Barring injury.

That is not true anymore by any means. Even last years bowl game was a great example of that. Does it count……. sure, as far as a number is changed in your W/L column afterwards. Is it a game that matters as much as a regular season game? Not even close. Bowl games used to be your teams playoff or Super Bowl game to end the season. We’re light years away from the bowl games being that anymore.

I don’t believe they’re an exhibition game, they’re a really early spring game played against another school.
They are to me qdawgg, they are to me.

They are to me qdawgg, they are to me.

I know they are sir and I’m not trying to crap on how you feel about them. I wish I still had the same excitement for them that I did years ago.