2024 NFL Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NFL Thread

What a quality individual. What a family man. He is a shining example to all of us. He’s shown us the way on how to repeatedly do an A holish thing
And persevere.

The father of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of Driving While Intoxicated 3rd Or More, the same day he was scheduled for a jury trial in Smith County, Texas.

Pat Mahomes Sr., 54, agreed to a sentence of five years' probation with "intense" supervision for the first year, local TV outlets reported. Judge Kerry L. Russell ordered a pre-sentence report ahead of Mahomes' formal sentencing on Sept. 23.

The charge against Mahomes, a third-degree felony, carried a sentence of up to 10 years in prison if he was convicted, according to state law.

Mahomes pleaded guilty to a previous DWI arrest in Texas in 2018 and was sentenced to 40 days in jail, which he served on weekends.

"Former NFL offensive lineman Gosder Cherilus was arrested early Sunday morning after allegedly urinating on a fellow passenger on a flight to Ireland,"

AER DINGUS ? just hope he was courteous enuf to put the seat upright first...

Guess Flowers will just never learn to go north and south

Love watching a ref show. All the way to the end granting that timeout, too.

Will look forward to betting against Ravens in January. Lamar can't make the throw when it counts.

ABSURD ENDING! Game of inches after that crazy PlayStation scramble by Lamar. It’s only Game 1, folks.

Not sure if you guys were aware but Lamar Jackson dropped some pounds in the offseason. Not sure if they mentioned it enough times on the broadcast

Xavier Worthy is going to be a problem.
You can thank the Bills idiotic GM for this. Passed on him so they could draft a 4.7 40 wr. Or should I say traded the pick to the chiefs

Xavier Worthy is going to be a problem.
I'm definitely worried what this offense will look like once they get Hollywood added to the mix too. Having said that, Worthy had an insanely well blocked reverse and a play where the defense never even glanced at him. He didn't really do much.

Would love to see a Keon Coleman busted coverage TD against Arizona though lol

Chiefs fans are a very sensitive bunch if you dare to point out the balance of missed calls went in their favor.

You can thank the Bills idiotic GM for this. Passed on him so they could draft a 4.7 40 wr. Or should I say traded the pick to the chiefs
Not sure I have ever seen anyone refer to Beane as an idiot but OK.

I'm definitely worried what this offense will look like once they get Hollywood added to the mix too. Having said that, Worthy had an insanely well blocked reverse and a play where the defense never even glanced at him. He didn't really do much.

Would love to see a Keon Coleman busted coverage TD against Arizona though lol
They could bust a coverage and he still might not get separation . But let him get into a jump ball competition and he’ll shine

I'll grant the second TD, but his speed and explosiveness allowed the well-blocked reverse to be a touchdown rather than a smaller chunk play.

He's a 165-pound rookie receiver who runs a 4.21. I hope you weren't expecting him to shed tacklers or throw blocks out there.

The top end speed with Worthy is ridiculous. I understand he’s not there as a technical route runner, but he’s going to blow the top off the defense for KC. He was wide open on one play yesterday and Mahomes never saw him.

Not sure I have ever seen anyone refer to Beane as an idiot but OK.
In this instance he was.

“let me give our main rival exactly what they need.” trade was justifiable by absolute pick values exchanged. But when you factor in the specifics, it becomes less defensible.

The top end speed with Worthy is ridiculous. I understand he’s bot there as a technical route runner, but he’s going to blow the top off the defense for KC. He was wide open on one play yesterday and Mahomes never saw him.
He just being out there as a threat opens up a lot that that was closed to KCs offense last year.

Juwaan Taylor was lined up deeper in the backfield than Ronnie Stanley was. I hate Baltimore and everything Harbaugh, but they have a legit beef over how the procedure penalty was officiated.