2025 Transfer Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

I would read “close enough” as it is Joey but not Michigan, or it’s not Joey but it’s someone to Michigan. Either way, certainly feels about right given we just got good news on the basketball side. Football is still killing it. Can’t expect too much to go well at once lol

one of the @ in the comment section in jordie's post suggests Joey to Maryland. His comment was made on 5/19.

one of the @ in the comment section in jordie's post suggests Joey to Maryland. His comment was made on 5/19.
just found it. to clarify it was a comment 15 minutes ago by "Bucky" with 3 turtle emojiis to a comment made by someone on 5/19 reacting negatively to "Bucky's" post on 5/19 saying: "Don’t be surprised when Joey Spallina isn’t with the orange next year."

With everything they lost after this season, this would make a lot of sense if true. They were in his final 5 if I recall.

just found it. to clarify it was a comment 15 minutes ago with 3 turtle emojiis to a comment made by someone (not Jodie) on 5/19.
My mistake - this random guy said Joey was leaving Cuse on 5/19 and then someone followed up with him today and that's when the comments were made.

All complete speculation. However he wouldn’t be the nearly the first star athlete to commit to a school under a prior staff and transfer, many leave immediately. Or the first star athlete to transfer in general for any reason.

This is the new college athletics, unfortunately. Even if this is all made up, these types of rumors and I’m sure people are tampering with a player of his caliber, regardless of what his decision ultimately ends up being. Every year is a retention battle on top of recruiting for coaches

With everything they lost after this season, this would make a lot of sense if true. They were in his final 5 if I recall.
So if it's Joey to Md, he'll wear #22 there? I guess we'll play them again next year, away. Who covers Joey - Billy or Riley? Worth going to College Park to watch it.

I have no idea who that person is who made the Maryland comment. I think he might just be a total rando. A lot of comments in these "reply" sections are just fans of certain teams "wishing" the player in question would go to their school. I really would just let's all take a step and wait for someone with actual standing to say something official.

I have no idea who that person is who made the Maryland comment. I think he might just be a total rando. A lot of comments in these "reply" sections are just fans of certain teams "wishing" the player in question would go to their school. I really would just let's all take a step and wait for someone with actual standing to say something official.
I agree - called him a "random." I'm just reporting back to the tribe ha I have no idea - I'm not a connected man like some in this chat.

It's 98% non SU fans just hating, same on fanlax. I would like to think Joey and his family understand that.
They probably do and maybe it's 99 to 100% not SU fans. But it likely makes it harder for him. But going somewhere else isn't going to have that go away. It might even increase it. That's when support by the coaching staff becomes important. Support personally and support in better offensive schemes.

I heard through a couple people it may be Leo wanting out, but that is total speculation as neither person could confirm for sure, just heard rumblings. I can't imagine it's Spallina. Leo would almost make sense because he should be playing attack for sure, should have been down there all season.

wish i could give you guys a more concrete update. i am still working the phones. the stuff i'm hearing is all over the place. they range from this being a complete nothingburger/massive exaggeration to exactly what everyone is fearing. the rumor mill is spinning out of control. i do not think anyone on social media knows anything...

I heard through a couple people it may be Leo wanting out, but that is total speculation as neither person could confirm for sure, just heard rumblings. I can't imagine it's Spallina. Leo would almost make sense because he should be playing attack for sure, should have been down there all season.
After denver lost in press leo guaranteed they be back next year. Or something along lines of tim tebow making his statement. Why would leo leave after saying that. Also could be dark times cause player got hurt?

wish i could give you guys a more concrete update. i am still working the phones. the stuff i'm hearing is all over the place. they range from this being a complete nothingburger/massive exaggeration to exactly what everyone is fearing. the rumor mill is spinning out of control. i do not think anyone on social media knows anything...
Our existence lies in your hands.

After denver lost in press leo guaranteed they be back next year. Or something along lines of tim tebow making his statement. Why would leo leave after saying that. Also could be dark times cause player got hurt?

Dordevic said he was coming back for his fifth year prior to the season ending, then decided to enter his name in the portal after. Kids change their minds for a whole host of reasons. Hope it’s not Leo obviously but he was probably coming off a pretty big emotional high and caught up in the moment. Wouldn’t really hold him to it.

A couple of days ago the social media team released a video about the "Road to the F4" and Joey was the last person featured in the vid...seems like they wouldn't have included him if he was leaving? Also a clear shot of Finn at the end.

Dordevic said he was coming back for his fifth year prior to the season ending, then decided to enter his name in the portal after. Kids change their minds for a whole host of reasons. Hope it’s not Leo obviously but he was probably coming off a pretty big emotional high and caught up in the moment. Wouldn’t really hold him to it.
maby i’m just to old fashion that if i say something i mean it. Guess times are changing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom