2025 Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

Johnny Hackett has 101 pts in 2 seasons at Bryant with 64 goals and 37 assists. Hes gonna be a Junior so would have him for 2 yrs. I forgot he also can shoot from deep he has a lefty rocket. He was American East freshman of the yr and All Conference both seasons.

Might have to move someone with a pole who has the footwork to play SSDM like they did with Clary last yr. Unfortunately he got hurt but he would have been solid all yr if he didn't go down. As an O middie I really wish they would take a shot with Johnny Hacket the Bryant transfer. That kid is so skilled and athletic he would slide right in and be a huge dodging presence this team needs. It's a jump up in comp to the ACC but Logan McGovern did well coming from Bryant and this kid is bigger faster stronger and more athletic then McGovern. If anyone has a chance to check out a few Bryant games this past yr take a look at him. U will see what I'm saying. Fits in with great stick skills then speed and athleticism to dodge. I also believe he has 2 yrs of eligibility left too.

I watched some of his high school tape. He’s very impressive. Reminds me a lot of Sam English. Long and very fast. I think he’d be a great addition. As an attack man I think he’d be just what Syracuse needs.

I watched some of his high school tape. He’s very impressive. Reminds me a lot of Sam English. Long and very fast. I think he’d be a great addition. As an attack man I think he’d be just what Syracuse needs.
Yeah I watched his HS film too and u can see the ability. Now he's played 2 yrs of college lax at a solid mid major and produced big time especially for a middie. 101 pts in 2 yrs running out of the box is legit stats. Hes bigger then i thought too. I would be happy landing Hackett then 2 shortys and thats it. Move Leo to attack and he takes over as the lefty dodger at midfield. Seems tough to he runs around and thru ppl when he dodges. Would be a low key great addition. Hopefully Gait takes a shot with him especially before another coach does his homework on him.

Or like u said Powel, can play him at attack and leave Leo at midfield. Can go either way but I like him at midfield cause he seems to have a great shot from deep. No matter what gives the coaches more options.

Things that make you go, huh?!

Probably wasn't thrilled he ended up a second line midfielder this year? Feels like a switch to Notre Dame.
Duke already has two pretty high end offensive transfers coming in. Probably sees the writing on the wall with playing time. If he is in a betrayal sort of mood, I would not mind if we put some feelers out. Solid dodger who can give short sticks trouble. Also a righty, which overall we could use more of.

Duke already has two pretty high end offensive transfers coming in. Probably sees the writing on the wall with playing time. If he is in a betrayal sort of mood, I would not mind if we put some feelers out. Solid dodger who can give short sticks trouble. Also a righty, which overall we could use more of.
Actually nvm he is a lefty

Things that make you go, huh?!

Probably wasn't thrilled he ended up a second line midfielder this year? Feels like a switch to Notre Dame.

Very interesting to say the least. Thought we might see more of this a few years ago when duke seemed loaded and guys struggled to get on the field but Danowski was able to keep essentially everyone in (Duke degree probably helped).

I don't know how much interest SU would have and SU doesn't exactly have a 1st mid line spot open but I could see both sides having interest.

Never rule out transfer king Georgetown, who is once again needing a reload.

Ya that's true. They lose a lot though, not sure how concerned he is about winning and tourney success.

Take it for a grain of salt, but the poster who had access to the transfer portal over on FanLax seems to think Balsamo is 'Cuse bound. Says that he wants to play with Spallina and Leo (Long Island connection, they are the same class). Obviously the list of players linked to one school and ending up somewhere else is very long, so let's wait and see.

FYI and take it for what its worth but via Fan Lax:

"I texted a buddy and he said "rumor is he wants to play with Leo and Spallina at Cuse"

All Long Island kids, all 2022's... makes sense. I guess."

Sounds like rumor may have been premature. Same poster now says UPenn is the desired landing spot.

I know Syracuse has attracted more Long Island players recently, but Balsamo doesn’t exactly fit the profile. He went to Chaminade for high school which SU has recruited a grand total of one player from, and played club for Express, whereas the LI connection for SU has been Team 91. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I could understand this not working out.

Sounds like rumor may have been premature. Same poster now says UPenn is the desired landing spot.

I know Syracuse has attracted more Long Island players recently, but Balsamo doesn’t exactly fit the profile. He went to Chaminade for high school which SU has recruited a grand total of one player from, and played club for Express, whereas the LI connection for SU has been Team 91. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I could understand this not working out.

Ya that makes a little more sense. Good player but if he's absolutely looking for a starting spot I am not sure Cuse is it.

Sounds like he already has his mind made up (or at least has narrowed his choices to a select few).

I think he'd be a nice addition to SU if that first rumor was true. Not many midfielders out there capable of posting 30 points as a freshman in the ACC. We shall see how it plays out.

Sounds like he already has his mind made up (or at least has narrowed his choices to a select few).

I think he'd be a nice addition to SU if that first rumor was true. Not many midfielders out there capable of posting 30 points as a freshman in the ACC. We shall see how it plays out.

Definitely has a destination in mind. Sounds like as noted on fanlax could be Penn.

Xanders responded to a question about him ending up at Cuse and essentially said No. Jives with what we thought yesterday after breaking it down.

Very interesting to say the least. Thought we might see more of this a few years ago when duke seemed loaded and guys struggled to get on the field but Danowski was able to keep essentially everyone in (Duke degree probably helped).

I don't know how much interest SU would have and SU doesn't exactly have a 1st mid line spot open but I could see both sides having interest.
Yes I remember us talking about how Duke wasn't going to be able to hold onto all of the guys who were committing to them.

On Balsamo this screams him ending up at Maryland or Hop but again I could see Cuse interested.
Calling Maryland on this. No insight just a guess.

Guessing I may be wrong on this feeling.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom