6 NCAA Tournament Refs Ruled Out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

6 NCAA Tournament Refs Ruled Out

I bet last night no tournament games will be canceled at +140. I don’t think we see more than a positive test or two, if any, from players or coaches. And if there is it would take an outbreak to knock a team out.

Jamie Luckie, Tony Henderson and Bert Smith at the SU-UVA game on 3/19. None of them can even count. :mad: Didn’t know if this video was posted- apologize if it already has been.

His arm was very slow

What’s the over/under on the number of uncontested games in this tournament?

If we get to the final four without having to play a game do they count as wins for JB ?

So which conference tournament games did they ref? Think a positive might indicate a few teams might be in trouble...
Sounds like only one ref tested positive, the others were close enough to be quarantined.

Jamie Luckie, Tony Henderson and Bert Smith at the SU-UVA game on 3/19. None of them can even count. :mad: Didn’t know if this video was posted- apologize if it already has been.

It’s not as egregious as it appears. The ball is released at just under 6 seconds, but still.

If we get to the final four without having to play a game do they count as wins for JB ?
I was wondering: what if the championship is canceled because one team was positive? Co-champs? Intra-squad scrimmage?

Yeah under 6 is hardly the scandal it is being made out to be.

I agree. If they want that call to be less subjective and more precise, then do so with an actual clock/stop watch type device, etc. Otherwise, there's always going to be a certain (acceptable) margin of error when someone is counting manually. It's similar to the 3 second lane violation rule in college. It's rarely called, unless it's so darn obvious someone has been parked in the lane well beyond 3 seconds.

how about Froggy Papparo?
True story. For those of us of a certain age, we remember when Andre Hawkins had a blocking foul called on him, at half court, right at the end of the game. It was at BC, and Michael Adams made the 2 FTs and BC won by 1 point.
Shortly thereafter, I was taking referring classes in Syracuse They were teaching the block/charge call. They used the same play as a perfect, by the rule book, player has position established, example of a charge.
The whole room broke into boo's and F... Froggy, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom