6OT Game or Duke Game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

6OT Game or Duke Game?

The UCONN game was more thrilling. The Wisconsin game was better executed and more meaningful.

We're fortunate we have lots of great games to choose from. How about the Syracuse/Georgetown game from 1990 with Billy Owens hitting 2 ft's to send it into overtime. The worst loss I can remember is when Charles Smith of Georgetown drove the length of the court to beat us at the buzzer with a scoop shot - the Dome went from raucous loudness to total silence. We're certain to have many great games in the future. We're lucky to be Orangemen fans!

the level of play for this game was just so much higher. that game was great based on happenstance of overtime after overtime. this game would have been great had it ended in regulation.

Thats exactly how i feel. This basketball was infinitely better. The 6OT game was just ridiculous circumstances that made it great.

As far as which means more to the program its the Duke game IMO, as this is basically a promise that we will see it again and again as we go forwards. The 6 OT game is a once in a lifetime set of circumstances that came together in the garden to be just amazing.

Either way, they are both major wins in our history, and how can you not love that? We have been apart of some absolutely crazy non-NCAA tournament games. Can't go wrong loving our history.

6OT

But the reason that this one feels even close is simple. It was overhyped to a ridiculous level, raising expectations to a point where you just knew it would be impossible to meet.

And then it did just that.

We're fortunate we have lots of great games to choose from. How about the Syracuse/Georgetown game from 1990 with Billy Owens hitting 2 ft's to send it into overtime. The worst loss I can remember is when Charles Smith of Georgetown drove the length of the court to beat us at the buzzer with a scoop shot - the Dome went from raucous loudness to total silence. We're certain to have many great games in the future. We're lucky to be Orangemen fans!
Some good mentions in there, though I'd say the worst loss I remember was a game with Indiana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom