A solution to our biggest problem | Syracusefan.com

A solution to our biggest problem

shandeezy7

Living Legend
I've gathered from a lot of posts here tonight that our biggest problem is we never put opponents away when we get the chance. We have them on the ropes and just need to deliver that one "finish him" Mortal Kombat move, and we don't do it.

Well here is a novel idea. CONTINUE TO RUN YOUR OFFENSE AND CUT OUT THE 1-ON-1 ISO BS!!! Once we got up by 13, I swear we had 7 straight possessions where we did not run a play. Didn't even run a pick and roll. Just gave the ball to Scoop or Triche or Dion or Kris and let them dribble around and drive into the lane for a wild contested shot. It's like we feel like if we're up by double figures, we can just dick around with the other team, no matter how much time is left. So far, we haven't been burned by it. But I don't want the first time we do get burned by it to be some time in the tournament. Get it together boys and go for the jugular. LGO!

Our biggest problem is that smaller, weaker teams routinely dominate us on the boards. If we get outed, that'll be why.

Putting teams away is not a problem- Cuse plays when they need to- maybe not an admirable thing but they are 28-1 so its hard to be too critical. They got passive tonight- probably over confident- but they did what was needed. At no time did I feel they were in real danger...and I suspect neither did they.

Our biggest problem is that smaller, weaker teams routinely dominate us on the boards. If we get outed, that'll be why.

Putting teams away is not a problem- Cuse plays when they need to- maybe not an admirable thing but they are 28-1 so its hard to be too critical. They got passive tonight- probably over confident- but they did what was needed. At no time did I feel they were in real danger...and I suspect neither did they.

Eh, I don't think rebounding is as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Obviously there are times when it hurts us, but I feel like for the most part, even when teams do get offensive rebounds, our defense is able to keep them from converting on their second chances.

Eh, I don't think rebounding is as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Obviously there are times when it hurts us, but I feel like for the most part, even when teams do get offensive rebounds, our defense is able to keep them from converting on their second chances.

Rebounding is the only reason we've not dominated every game. Our defense is able to make up for the lack of it. Facing a team like NC, KY, OSU will be a major problem.

Rebounding is the only reason we've not dominated every game. Our defense is able to make up for the lack of it. Facing a team like NC, KY, OSU will be a major problem.

Wrong. UNC is an awful defensive team. Kentucky will run run run and that plays right into our game.

Shooting poorly is why we have not dominated every game. Rebounding is a small part of the problem. When you consistently get 10-11 steals, 6-8 blocks and only turn it over 9 times a game that more than makes up for the lack of rebounding.

Actually standezy is right. We get up 15 and it’s playground time.
That’s why I’m glad JB sat Dion down. I hope he gets the message.
I hope they all get the message.

Jack-Daniels-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom