A. White, J. Gillon, and C. McCullough on ESPNEWS now.. | Syracusefan.com

A. White, J. Gillon, and C. McCullough on ESPNEWS now..

Tyler Cavanaugh is on the same team.

I thought McCullough was with the Wizards. Can’t keep track of these guys.

I’d
Well, I’d take a 1.4+ mill detour anyday... Not much of a deterrent for kids that are ‘going to struggle ‘ in the NBA to hold off and stay in school. Most aren’t capable of looking at the payoff ( no pun intended) of staying in school to develop when this is what they can make if they don’t.

Nope, not watching, the G-League like the NBA is dead to me!

I’d

Well, I’d take a 1.4+ mill detour anyday... Not much of a deterrent for kids that are ‘going to struggle ‘ in the NBA to hold off and stay in school. Most aren’t capable of looking at the payoff ( no pun intended) of staying in school to develop when this is what they can make if they don’t.

Maybe, but half of it goes to taxes, another 10 percent to agents, business managers, etc.

Now if his career is over in a few, not exactly a nest egg to retire on considering he has zero education to fall back on.

McCullough was a G-League all star last year wasn’t he? Not bad! Better than I thought he would ever do.

I’ve been in the catacombs of that Erie arena. It’s horrendous.

Can still go to school, can play overseas, etc.

Sure - but what’s tuition these days? That’s a big chunk out of his money.

To piggy back on Bayside’s posts - most middling overseas contracts are a few hundred grand...that sounds great but when your shelf life is a few years, then what are you going to do with your other 30 years of your working life?

Sure - but what’s tuition these days? That’s a big chunk out of his money.

To piggy back on Bayside’s posts - most middling overseas contracts are a few hundred grand...that sounds great but when your shelf life is a few years, then what are you going to do with your other 30 years of your working life?

FREE. Syracuse (and most other universities) lets former athletes come back and finish their degree for FREE.

"Nothing a month? I think I can swing that!" ;)

Maybe, but half of it goes to taxes, another 10 percent to agents, business managers, etc.

Now if his career is over in a few, not exactly a nest egg to retire on considering he has zero education to fall back on.
I get it... this is also not the only $$ he has made. IF, and I know a big IF w most of these kids, he hasn’t squandered his money he has a much better nest egg to start a second career than the vast majority of those of us with an education. Has plenty of money to get an education if he so desires.

I get it... this is also not the only $$ he has made. IF, and I know a big IF w most of these kids, he hasn’t squandered his money he has a much better nest egg to start a second career than the vast majority of those of us with an education. Has plenty of money to get an education if he so desires.
Don't you realize it's our duty as fans to microanalzye the financial futures of a small group of highly talented people who have the opportunity to pursue careers in an extremely competitive field?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom