ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Kickoff: July 20-21

Louisville crushes Cuse. Not the team worth giving a cheap quote to but I understand.

yeah, even the ESPN Radio guys seemed pretty bullish on SU, their concerns, like ours, are the schedule and how much the pass game will improve. Luginbill mentioned several times how night and day the roster is from the 2020 trainwreck to now.

I missed the radio commentary. Need to see if I can find it on siriusxm.

Is there a facepalm emoji?

View attachment 218431
26B7EE2C-B794-4503-9D96-40E75E931424.jpeg

Let’s gooooooooo

Is there a facepalm emoji?

View attachment 218431
From Waer...Mikel Jones on opening the year against Louisville QB Malik Cunningham "We don't think of it as a tough challenge. We're excited to play against those guys."

WDRB News is the Fox affiliate in Louisville, providing news, sports, weather and traffic from the strongest journalism team in Kentucky. Considering that Mr. Gonzalez can't get the quote right I would say strongest journalism team in Kentucky is a stretch.

Last edited:
Screw it.

Id run through a wall for our LB core. I love the confidence and its nothing but chip on your shoulder pride.

Our lockerroom and program could use pride. Im behind it. F UL

From Waer...Mikel Jones on opening the year against Louisville QB Malik Cunningham "We don't think of it as a tough challenge. We're excited to play against those guys."

WDRB News is the Fox affiliate in Louisville, providing news, sports, weather and traffic from the strongest journalism team in Kentucky. Considering that Mr. Gonzalez can't get the quote right I would say strongest journalism team in Kentucky is a stretch.

You can hear it from Mikel’s own mouth in his interview above.

He said - “we look at it as an opportunity - we don’t think it’s a big challenge”.

You can hear it from Mikel’s own mouth in his interview above.

He said - “we look at it as an opportunity - we don’t think it’s a big challenge”.
Louisville's defense is going to get crushed, and Cunningham is going to run for his life all night.

Gonzalez knows what he was doing

Here is a transcript of the presser.

Q. You look ahead to Week 1, you have Louisville. How tough is a challenge for that the defense with an explosive offense and explosive quarterback like Malik Cunningham?

MIKEL JONES: We see it as a good opportunity. We don't think it's going to be a tough challenge. We're excited to play those guys the first week.

I’m not impressed with him to this point as well. His whole handshake comment about the ACC, BIG and PAC alliance was a red flag for me. It doesn’t mean he isn’t working on something big or he won’t pull a rabbit out of his hat down the road but he hasn’t made a good impression yet.
Agreed. So far he's Swofford-2.0, IMO.
We need vision, whether in the form of a "partnership" w/ the PAC 12, in writing this time not a "I looked them in the eye" thingy, or at the very least some financial redress from ESPN. All I heard today was a version of "our situation kinda sucks...but at least we have the GOR".
This conference is in trouble & our commissioner is acting more like Neville Chamberlain waving a piece of paper and promising "peace in our time", then a Winston Churchill vowing a never-ending fight on all fronts. I was NOT impressed. JMHO

Agreed. So far he's Swofford-2.0, IMO.
We need vision, whether in the form of a "partnership" w/ the PAC 12, in writing this time not a "I looked them in the eye" thingy, or at the very least some financial redress from ESPN. All I heard today was a version of "our situation kinda sucks...but at least we have the GOR".
This conference is in trouble & our commissioner is acting more like Neville Chamberlain waving a piece of paper and promising "peace in our time", then a Winston Churchill vowing a never-ending fight on all fronts. I was NOT impressed. JMHO

I take it you didn’t hear his interview on the ACCN.

I take it you didn’t hear his interview on the ACCN.
I heard. And came away unimpressed.
My wife says I need to be more patient so yeah, maybe he's got some irons in the fire we don't know about. But I wasn't moved at all by the presentation, or the content of his soliloquy today.
The ACC is ALWAYS in reactive mode, it seems. I live in Charlotte, love the place- but what I hate most about this place is that the powers-that-be in this city, are constantly in reactive mode. Stuff happens, THEN they act to mitigate. Maybe its a Carolina/Southern thing, but I'm an obnoxious New Yawker! I ain't waiting around hoping stuff works out, I try and make stuff work out. Believe me, that's not the mentality around these parts. And IMO, its what Swofford did for years,and this new guy seems to be of the same mentality. JMHO