ACC Is Crap | Syracusefan.com

ACC Is Crap

kingtidge

All American
I have no delusions that our team is great. It's not.

We can get hot with treys and give anyone a run for the money.

But I watch another ACC game with the cuse and see us called for ticky tack hand check and light contact fouls and our opposition getting hard body fouls no-called again.

I miss the big east.

We had some horredously called games under paparo, higgins and burr, but the games were always physical and the bad calls were mix of incompetence and the fact they disliked boeheim.

These days, its like we're viewd as carpetbaggers vs. traditional ACC teams by the refs and the refereeing reflects that.

Maybe I just miss the big east for basketball but I don't feel at home in this league and I think we're being reminded of it repeatedly with the uneven refereeing.

It's bothersome.

I have no delusions that our team is great. It's not.

We can get hot with treys and give anyone a run for the money.

But I watch another ACC game with the cuse and see us called for ticky tack hand check abd light contact fouls and our opposition getting hard body fouls no-called again.

I miss the big east.

We had some horredously called games under paparo, higgins and burr, but the games was always physical and the bad calls were mix of incompetence and the fact they disliked boeheim.

These days, its like we're viewd as carpetbaggers vs. traditional ACC teams by the refs and the refereeing reflects that.

Maybe I just miss the big east for basketball but I don't feel at home in this league and I think we're being reminded of it repeatedly with the uneven refereeing.

It's bothersome.

Both teams shot 10-15 from the line -- I'm way more worried about our complete lack of anything resembling a viable big man than the officiating.

Just look at Coleman every game for proof. He can make minimal body contact and get called for a foul, but he has to get hammered on the other end to get a call. Roberson gets pushed in the back to the ground while going for a tip in and nothing. Same happened at Duke.

I thought the refs were fine tonight.

Coach K would also disagree with you based on last Monday's game.

conspiracy.jpg

It couldn't be that we're just not nearly as good as we were in the early 2010s?

Both teams shot 10-15 from the line -- I'm way more worried about our complete lack of anything resembling a viable big man than the officiating.

I agree that we don't have a competent big man for this league. Lyden nay be in the future, but he needs to seriously fill out to fit the bill.

My post is more general about our move to the ACC...

It doesn't feel like home.

I agree that we don't have a competent big man for this league. Lyden nay be in the future, but he needs to seriously fill out to fit the bill.

Seton Hall, Marquette, and South Florida ain't our living room either.

We have a big from down the street that cannot finish a lick. That happens this game goes in a different direction.

The last 2 seasons between probation and horrible early entries we have nothing more than a puncher's chance in these games.

conspiracy.jpg

It couldn't be that we're just not nearly as good as we were in the early 2010s?

Yeah - I long to watch terrence roberts go up for a layup and barely hit the backboard.

We served up some poor teams in the big east within the modern era.

Would you rather be in UConn's position?

kingtidge said:
I agree that we don't have a competent big man for this league. Lyden nay be in the future, but he needs to seriously fill out to fit the bill. My post is more general about our move to the ACC... It doesn't feel like home.

Lydon will be a small forward next year. He's totally out of position at the 5.

Syracuse isn't the face of the ACC. In the Big East, we were one of the premiere teams and always got the calls. We are new to this conference so we really won't get borderline calls.

Oh and would you rather be in a P5 conference, the ACC, or some unkown conference?

I hear ya, but it's WAY better than being in the American (the alternative) -- could you imagine having to play road games at like Tulane and Tulsa.

I can't.

There are no good options.

Maybe culturally we'll be considered a league team in 10 years or so, but I am skeptical.

We're gonna have stay golden ponyboy.

Syracuse isn't the face of the ACC. In the Big East, we were one of the premiere teams and always got the calls. We are new to this conference so we really won't get borderline calls.

Tell that to Coach K.

We've been here 3 years and not that good for 2 of them. That's on, well...

Didn't realize Trob played in the 2010s, he graduated in 2007.

I'd take Roberts over what we currently have.

We're just talking about the 2010s then?

I was going to mention something about the 2009 team, but would that be out of bounds??

Terrence Roberts was not a good player. Played hard and gets kudos for effort and playing an entire season with a bum knee, but we need a real big man for sure.

He isn't next year. And when he does play after that, it will be at the 4

I've heard by people on here that claim to know all that he's starting next year and assumed that would mean the three.

We're just talking about the 2010s then?

I was going to mention something about the 2009 team, but would that be out of bounds??

Terrence Roberts was not a good player. Played hard and gets kudos for effort and playing an entire season with a bum knee, but we need a real big man for sure.

As bad as he was I'd take him over what we have now.

He'll get backup minutes at the 3 and 4.

And if Lydon continues to shot the ball 4 times a game and Moyer does well one of them is going to get more minutes than the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom