ACC Network - "All Access with Syracuse Football" premiering August 12th | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network - "All Access with Syracuse Football" premiering August 12th

think of how long it has been since Cuse had this type of WR corps. For whatever reason, that group is what I’m most excited about in regards to instant turn around from recent past. Without OG last year it was brutally bad. Now you add OG/Villari with zeed, Meeks, Hatcher, gill, frosh E. Ross appears to be ready, Peña and more. This is going from a C grade WR corps to like a B+ or more I think.

It’s REALLY hard to not see this team making a jump and being like an NC state type of ACC team that’ll be flirting with top 25 or in the back half of the top 25 this year. But hey I’m a very biased fan.

think of how long it has been since Cuse had this type of WR corps. For whatever reason, that group is what I’m most excited about in regards to instant turn around from recent past. Without OG last year it was brutally bad. Now you add OG/Villari with zeed, Meeks, Hatcher, gill, frosh E. Ross appears to be ready, Peña and more. This is going from a C grade WR corps to like a B+ or more I think.

It’s REALLY hard to not see this team making a jump and being like an NC state type of ACC team that’ll be flirting with top 25 or in the back half of the top 25 this year. But hey I’m a very biased fan.
Ending in the Top 25 is a very realistic goal.

9-3 is there for the taking. And if so we are ranked for sure.
Actually looking at records and schedules from 2023 final regular season rankings, I'm thinking if we go 9-3 with this fairly weak schedule in 2024, we will possibly be in the top 25 but i'm thinking probably not. All the teams ranked with just 3 losses had a tougher schedule than what we are likely to have this year. We will be hovering around that area though.

2023 AP Poll College Football Rankings, Week 14 - ESPN

So lets go 10-2.

Last edited:
Actually looking at records and schedules from 2023 in final regular season rankings, I'm thinking if we go 9-3 with this fairly weak schedule in 2024, we will possibly be in the top 25 but i'm thinking probably not. All the teams ranked with just 3 losses had a tougher schedule than what we are likely to have this year. We will be hovering around that area though.

So lets go 10-2.

12-0 until we lose. Then 11-1. And so on.

Actually looking at records and schedules from 2023 final regular season rankings, I'm thinking if we go 9-3 with this fairly weak schedule in 2024, we will possibly be in the top 25 but i'm thinking probably not. All the teams ranked with just 3 losses had a tougher schedule than what we are likely to have this year. We will be hovering around that area though.

So lets go 10-2.
Our schedule isn't nearly as easy as people think. Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech are both trending up. Miami and NC State are legit top 25 teams. When was the last time we won at Pitt? I also wouldn't sleep on Cal because they can get right back into it.

Having said that, we've improved across the board. We weren't a bad team last year before injuries decimated the lineup. So the fact that almost every current unit appears to be stronger than the best unit we put out in our best games last year should make for a fun season. I just don't think our schedule is as weak as people are staying.

Our schedule isn't nearly as easy as people think. Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech are both trending up. Miami and NC State are legit top 25 teams. When was the last time we won at Pitt? I also wouldn't sleep on Cal because they can get right back into it.

Having said that, we've improved across the board. We weren't a bad team last year before injuries decimated the lineup. So the fact that almost every current unit appears to be stronger than the best unit we put out in our best games last year should make for a fun season. I just don't think our schedule is as weak as people are staying.
I agree. Its not a cakewalk. There will be several difficult games with teams that are almost top 25. All those you mentioned. We just don't play much if any of the big dogs. Maybe NC state or Miami end up high in the rankings but not sure on that. That makes it weaker than many others schedules and will hurt our perception.

Last edited:
Its never easy, our margin is small. But if we were the team, we hope to be, this is an 10-2/11-1 type schedule even if this team can only top out at 7-8 wins.

The first true test is going to come in week 2 vs Georgia Tech. I think GT is going to have a pretty good team this year, and much like us, are flying under the radar. This is the game SU should be pushing the sellout for, because we're going to need the 12th man to pull this one out.

I think I am more anxious about the defense. Seems like we have good offensive balance and talent in skill positions, just need the line to be decent.

Defense? Fran himself has said he wants to see improvement here. I think learning a completely new system is not helping. Sounds like the players are thinking too much out there.

The first true test is going to come in week 2 vs Georgia Tech. I think GT is going to have a pretty good team this year, and much like us, are flying under the radar. This is the game SU should be pushing the sellout for, because we're going to need the 12th man to pull this one out.
Hoping Tech puts a show on against FSU

Get them on cusp or in Top 25 for our coming out party

I wasn't able to watch last night. Is there a way to way to stream it somewhere? I have Acc Network but don't see it on demand

I wasn't able to watch last night. Is there a way to way to stream it somewhere? I have Acc Network but don't see it on demand
It's in the ESPN App on demand. If you type "All Access with Syracuse" and scroll down, it's there. ACC Network Extra. As long as you're logged in/have access to it through your provider etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom