ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

So the latest BiG additions are getting a 50% share through 2030, which is less than a full ACC share? And the Big 12 shares are less than ACC shares? And GOR litigation risk means any move by FSU is a long shot?
Maybe the ACC isn’t a horrible place to be for now while the dust settles.

It really isn’t, considering everything else going on.

F2uKbt_XUAAioul

So the latest BiG additions are getting a 50% share through 2030, which is less than a full ACC share? And the Big 12 shares are less than ACC shares? And GOR litigation risk means any move by FSU is a long shot?
Maybe the ACC isn’t a horrible place to be for now while the dust settles.
It's fine for right now. Only problem is we're doing 60mph, straight toward a rock quarry.
20150621-Groundhog-day.jpg

As things look in 2024-25 (as of Aug 4):

ACCSECBig 12Big 10Pac 12AmericanMWCCUSAMACSun BeltIndependent
Boston CollegeAlabamaBaylorIllinoisCaliforniaEast CarolinaAir ForceFIUAkronAppalachian StateArmy
ClemsonArkansasBYUIndianaOregon StateMemphisBoise StateJacksonville StateBall StateArkansas StateNotre Dame
DukeAuburnCincinnatiIowaStanfordNavyColorado StateKennesaw StateBowling GreenCoastal CarolinaUConn
Florida StateFloridaHoustonMarylandWashington StateSMUFresno StateLibertyBuffaloGeorgia SouthernUMass
Georgia TechGeorgiaIowa StateMichiganSouth FloridaHawaiiLouisiana TechCentral MichiganGeorgia State
LouisvilleKentuckyKansasMichigan StateTempleNevadaMiddle TennesseeEastern MichiganLouisiana
Miami (FL)LSUKansas StateMinnesotaTulaneNew MexicoNew Mexico StateKent StateLouisiana–Monroe
NC StateMississippi StateOklahoma StateNebraskaTulsaSan Diego StateSan Houston StateMiami (OH)South Alabama
North CarolinaMissouriTCUNorthwesternCharlotteSan Jose StateUTEPNorthern IllinoisTexas State
PittsburghOle MissTexas TechOhio StateFlorida AtlanticUNLVWestern KentuckyOhioTroy
SyracuseSouth CarolinaUCFPenn StateNorth TexasUtah StateToledoMarshall
VirginiaTennesseeWest VirginiaPurdueRiceWyomingWestern MichiganOld Dominion
Virginia TechTexas A&MArizona*RutgersUABSouthern Miss
Wake ForestVanderbiltArizona State*WisconsinUTSAJames Madison
Oklahoma*Colorado*Washington*
Texas*Utah*Oregon*
UCLA*
USC*
So the Big 12 replaced their 2 biggest brands (by a mile) with the Arizona schools and some mid-majors. Twitter has such a short memory - the conference is worse next year, not better.

Who's ahead of us for a Big 12 invite in ten years?
1. Louisville
2. Pitt
3. Duke
4. ?

I'd like to take any bets with anyone giving us "college sports is dead" hot take.

Certain schools. No doubt. But college sports as a whole. Nope. They are just consolidating the money.

Who's ahead of us for a Big 12 invite in ten years?
1. Louisville
2. Pitt
3. Duke
4. ?

The B12 President has apparently been adamant about establishing a NE corridor of teams. Think SU would be pretty high up the list. Gonna be critical to get the fball program in a good spot these next 4-5 years

If I’m the SEC, looking at this map, I’m not sure it’s that crazy a thought combining/merging the ACC and SEC together. Prevents the B10 from eventually getting its claws in its territory. Creates a pretty close geographic footprint.
that could be an option but espn would have to give the acc portion of the conference a solid bump in money

The B12 President has apparently been adamant about establishing a NE corridor of teams. Think SU would be pretty high up the list. Gonna be critical to get the fball program in a good spot these next 4-5 years
I agree that's likely true. Still, makes me nervous seeing these conferences balloon so quickly. Some hard cap on numbers has to exist.

if "the magnificant 7 " of the acc went to SEC and BIG 10 , could also see a merger of the 2 leagues

that could be an option but espn would have to give the acc portion of the conference a solid bump in money

I was thinking of all that after writing what I did.

ACC/SEC combine. SEC does to ACC what B10 has done to all newcomers. You’ll only get a certain % until next contract. But the % will still be more overall than what ACC schools are making now and will keep schools like Clemson, FSU, etc happy until a new contract.

Is it wrong to assume that the ACC raiding the Big East 20 years ago, inadvertently cut their own throat?

Not that they could foresee Miami and VaTech falling off and doing nothing in conference.

They say Karma always finds it's target, it's just a matter of when and where.

I think the B12 President is from NY.

Also, he said he wants the B12 to be the best basketball conference.

Seems like a potential option.

Is it wrong to assume that the ACC raiding the Big East 20 years ago, inadvertently cut their own throat?

Not that they could foresee Miami and VaTech falling off and doing nothing in conference.

They say Karma always finds it's target, it's just a matter of when and where.
Posters have been poo-pooing the Big 12 teams left, but I think they would wipe the field against the ACC, in football AND basketball. We have so many paper cranes, tigers, and other assorted mascots; it's an origami conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom