ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

My only issue is the pool of sweat I know I’ll be bathing in for Clemson. FSU was brutal, but worth it this year.
Honestly I hope they install patio space heaters along the Clemson sidelines and it's late summer scorcher outside. If we're going to knock them off at full strength we need every dome advantage we can get. Fans have the luxury of stripping down in the stands if they need to. Hopefully SU will eat the cost and distribute free bottled water to anyone who need it.

Who makes these schedules? Its unbelievable to me that they’re putting Clemson in the dome in week 3 after they play jimbo
I think the advent of the ACC Network drove this more than anything.

They want compelling matchups on it, especially in the first few weeks of the season, to convince any cable companies still holding out that they are going to have to have this network on their basic package. Once the network is established, they won't have to worry about this kind of thing any longer.

Eh. Not really impressed. I know a couple of these things couldn’t be avoided and we already knew about them, but they contribute to a blah schedule.

@Liberty is stupid
Having only 6 home games is stupid
Clemson in wk 3 sucks
Clemson in wk 3 sell out heat sucks
Ending with Wake instead of BC or Pitt is stupid
Thursday night games are stupid

I like it. Good chance of being 2-0, ranked with the defending national champs coming to town. Going to be tough either way. The hype will be unreal!
Dunno why everyone is saying Maryland will be easy. It's on the road against a P5 team and Devito's 2nd collegiate start with a line that needs time to come together.

Overall pretty decent I think. Feels a bit like an SEC schedule playing a 1AA that late (yes I know they play them in November as well) but all in all pretty good. Obviously I wish we were playing Clemson later in the year but clearly that was the only date that we could match up on. Not a huge fan of the non Sat games especially the Thursday night game but what can you do. Love the bye before the last three games especially with back to back road games coming right after. Assuming we can start off 2-0, that Clemson game sets up ENORMOUS.

Good point, it'll be interesting to see what the attendance is for Holy Cross so late. Especially if we get off to a bad start.

Eh. Not really impressed. I know a couple of these things couldn’t be avoided and we already knew about them, but they contribute to a blah schedule.

@Liberty is stupid
Clemson in wk 3 sucks
I wish we’d end the season vs pitt annually.

Honestly I hope they install patio space heaters along the Clemson sidelines and it's late summer scorcher outside. If we're going to knock them off at full strength we need every dome advantage we can get. Fans have the luxury of stripping down in the stands if they need to. Hopefully SU will eat the cost and distribute free bottled water to anyone who need it.
May have to make like a Hoosier and strip down to the undies

Dunno why everyone is saying Maryland will be easy. It's on the road against a P5 team and Devito's 2nd collegiate start with a line that needs time to come together.

I didn't say it would be a slam dunk but it's a new coaching staff (usually there's a decent amount of turnover), departing senior talent, and it's early in the year of new schematic changes. We're in year four of the Dino era and return a ton of talent. Won't be a cakewalk but I like our chances.

I love this schedule.

Catch Clemson early in a hot Dome.

First bye is perfect for middle 3rd of the season 2nd bye is perfect for back 3rd of the schedule. "easier" games late.

@NCST coming off the bye on a Thursday night means an extra day of prep/rest for Pitt on the following Friday. 8 days btw games.

@FSU following the Friday Night Pitt game is also an extra day off/rest. 8 days btw games.

Not closing with BC ? interesting choice.

Back loaded schedule on the plus side. Unless the wheels come off should be favored in the last 3.

Last edited:
I think the advent of the ACC Network drove this more than anything.

They want compelling matchups on it, especially in the first few weeks of the season, to convince any cable companies still holding out that they are going to have to have this network on their basic package. Once the network is established, they won't have to worry about this kind of thing any longer.
If the powers that be think SU and Clemson are going to be the 2 best teams in the conference, then having the game early allows the loser time to climb back up the ranks before bowl season & playoffs.

well, based on that schedule, I'll be coming up for Clemson, BC, and Wake. Can't do a weekday, cant do my anniversary or else I wont have another one. WMU is the only other maybe

Win at Liberty and at Maryland, means one thing: Clemson at the dome for college game day. No question asked, signed, sealed and delivered. That Maryland game will be one of the biggest games in a long time. To have college game day at the dome, on the campus of Syracuse University, would be so huge for the program. We need to beat Maryland on 9/7/19. Program changer.

Win at Liberty and at Maryland, means one thing: Clemson at the dome for college game day. No question asked, signed, sealed and delivered. That Maryland game will be one of the biggest games in a long time. To have college game day at the dome, on the campus of Syracuse University, would be so huge for the program. We need to beat Maryland on 9/7/19. Program changer.

Not a program changer unless Corso puts on an Otto head. ;)

Program changer to the point that a “basketball only” might even attend?;)

@Liberty is stupid
Clemson in wk 3 sucks

I didn't mind signing a 2 for 1 with Liberty but assuming no dome reno issues, starting on the road this season makes little sense. Another year of only 6 home games and we start the season in the middle of no where VA with a young QB.

Pretty sure they make that decsion more than 7 days out

If we beat Maryland the Dome will be sold out or really close as the home opener at night will be get people.
That game at worst will be ACCN primetime if ABC primetime passes.
It won’t be a 3:30 game.

Maryland is the key to the season. Must win that game. Keeps the extra excitement for clemson and takes any extra pressure off the clemson game . Starting 1-2 would be a enormous buzz kill, yet getting to the first bye 4-1 at absolute worst keeps the excitement and confidence. That game is huge

Tally rooms get jacked up immediately to ridiculous rates. I usually stay about 50 miles out of town.

Same for Clemson in future years...suggest looking in a nearby city.

You were not lying. Holy crap. The rooms are over $500 for a crappy Motel 6.

This.

Clemson means nothing if we don't take care of business here. We have to win and look respectable. If we just graze by the Terps and our line looks shaky that will almost be as bad as losing re: perception and hype.

This.

Clemson means nothing if we don't take care of business here. We have to win and look respectable. If we just graze by the Terps and our line looks shaky that will almost be as bad as losing re: perception and hype.

no, beating MD is what matters, period, not style points. Gameday isn't going to bail on us if we win close/ugly against them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom