ACC Schedule !!!!! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule !!!!!

First Blush

I might sponsor up to 4 road tailgates this Fall. I'll probably look at up to 75 for @Maryland and @FSU.

@Maryland is a given (I'll definitely avoid the upper deck for tix)
@FSU is a given

I might do either or both (@Liberty and @ Duke). I have to hash out a few things.

For CNY'ers planning on attending the FSU game. I recommend flying into Tampa, St Pete, Orlando or Atlanta). Check Allegiant and Frontier first. Southwest has a nonstop to Tampa out of Rochester. JetBlue IIRC has one to Orlando too from Syracuse.

I booked two separate reservations into Perry. FL. One for Friday night and one for Saturday night. I only plan to stay in Perry one night. Early kickoff I'll drive up Friday. Later kickoff I'll drive up early Saturday and stay Saturday night after the game. Not sure I would recommend staying over by Panama City/Apalachicola yet (hurricane recovery). However, it is worth a look.

Eh. Not really impressed. I know a couple of these things couldn’t be avoided and we already knew about them, but they contribute to a blah schedule.

@Liberty is stupid
Having only 6 home games is stupid
Clemson in wk 3 sucks
Clemson in wk 3 sell out heat sucks
Ending with Wake instead of BC or Pitt is stupid
Thursday night games are stupid

I actually like Thursday night games esp after the bye

Great exposure under the lights in Prime Time

Honestly I hope they install patio space heaters along the Clemson sidelines and it's late summer scorcher outside. If we're going to knock them off at full strength we need every dome advantage we can get. Fans have the luxury of stripping down in the stands if they need to. Hopefully SU will eat the cost and distribute free bottled water to anyone who need it.
It is scorching in Clemson during the month of September. The team will be prepared for the heat in the dome. I have no doubt.

Pretty sure they make that decsion more than 7 days out
The night of our Maryland game is when ESPN makes the decision. That's what makes it so neat, its very "just in time" scheduling. very rare in TV

Above are (in)convenience and opponent preference issues. More important is that the byes work out well, we get Clemson early for a possible game day, and the last 4 games are winnable enough to finish out with another 8-10 win season.

not sure why people think Clemson early is a good thing. we're the ones that will need some time to gel. qb, ol, lb.

not sure why people think Clemson early is a good thing. we're the ones that will need some time to gel. qb, ol, lb.
They have a rough three games in front of them

I actually like Thursday night games esp after the bye

Great exposure under the lights in Prime Time

I like watching Thursday night games, when its not us.

We have several things to sort out. Liberty vs Maryland and Duke vs NCSt.

I'll give the edge to Duke since we haven't played there yet.

I expect to sponsor three away game ticket buys. I'll probably make each one smaller though to keep the crazy down.

Talked to a good friend who lives in Chapel Hill and he says there is no comparison of the game day / tailgate atmosphere between Duke and N.C. State. Says Duke is very subdued and tailgate challenged. I'm leaning toward State since I've been to neither

And Maryland over Liberty in a blowout. D.C. weekend >>>>> Lynchburg

It is scorching in Clemson during the month of September. The team will be prepared for the heat in the dome. I have no doubt.
It’s different. Trust us. We don’t always win but we tend to play the games against southern factories closer (Auburn, fsu, LSU, etc) and cramping is invariably an issue. With dino’s offense, that ratchets up.

First Blush

I might sponsor up to 4 road tailgates this Fall. I'll probably look at up to 75 for @Maryland and @FSU.

@Maryland is a given (I'll definitely avoid the upper deck for tix)
@FSU is a given

I might do either or both (@Liberty and @ Duke). I have to hash out a few things.

For CNY'ers planning on attending the FSU game. I recommend flying into Tampa, St Pete, Orlando or Atlanta). Check Allegiant and Frontier first. Southwest has a nonstop to Tampa out of Rochester. JetBlue IIRC has one to Orlando too from Syracuse.

I booked two separate reservations into Perry. FL. One for Friday night and one for Saturday night. I only plan to stay in Perry one night. Early kickoff I'll drive up Friday. Later kickoff I'll drive up early Saturday and stay Saturday night after the game. Not sure I would recommend staying over by Panama City/Apalachicola yet (hurricane recovery). However, it is worth a look.

Right now...we (Panama City area) still have a lot of recovery workers and construction/contractor workers here...a lot of hotel rooms and apartments are booked, and if they aren't the prices are jacked up. Also, gas is about $.20 to $.40 more expensive than the rest of the state. Things may, hopefully, change by the end of Oct. However, can only tell you what it is like now. Also, traffic can be horrible, for this area, due to all the workers coming in for the day and leaving at the end of the day.

Yes but inside the dome there is no wind and they don’t circulate the air. It’s hot and stale. It’s like being trapped in a delta cabin at 32000 feet.

I think Joe Biden may be a high % chance as well...

I think ESPN would avoid politics. Also with a former VP on campus that would be a huge undertaking, security-wise.

Don't understand why folks consider a rivalry games against BC as the closer to be sacrosanct. Game is played with no students, one or both teams' fates decided and in generally terrible weather when we go on the road. Already hoping this breaks the "tradition" and I can start planning a late October weekend in New England next year.

Looks like I will do Duke instead of N.C. State for my second roadie (after Maryland). Thursday nighter leaves too many questions.

Given the constraints with Dome construction I think this schedule lays out as well I could have wished. Clemson early is tough, but Clemson anytime is tough and if you're going to lose that game it's better to do it early and recover in the rankings than to do it late and potential drop from New Year's Six consideration. And when we beat Clemson very little chance of a let down with arguably our two easiest home games and a bye the next three weeks before State.

Then looks like spiedies for the Pitt game in the Fine lot - Southern Tier crew is already ramping up.

Start the countdown clock!

I think ESPN would avoid politics. Also with a former VP on campus that would be a huge undertaking, security-wise.

Guy walks around with one or two agents. Seen him around, it's pretty regular person stuff.

Yes but inside the dome there is no wind and they don’t circulate the air. It’s hot and stale. It’s like being trapped in a delta cabin at 32000 feet.
Why would anyone want that? Sounds disgusting.

I love that if we beat Clemson there is no way our next 2 ACC games arent in Prime Time NC St and Pitt.

Shame NC St has to go head to head with NFL but luckily Pitt doesn't. Neutrals will be seeing a lot of the Dome next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom