AG at the 2 | Syracusefan.com

AG at the 2

Irt4su

2nd String
I'm sure this has been discussed but I need to have it dumbed down for me...

Aside from buddy and Joe being here, and aside from "because JB won't do it", why is AG not a candidate for the 2 for next season?

I know he doesn't have a great handle (neither does buddy) but assuming he can learn the nuances (even though we've had freshman play the 2 many times) why couldn't he be the 2 next year if he stays (which I hope he does)?

I dont understand why with his athleticism, height, rebounding, length etc. He wouldn't be ideal.

I know it won't happen, but a lineup next year of KR, AG top of the zone, Benny, Q and tbd in the middle could be killer.

So long story short, I just need someone to explain without the witty JB or Buddy stuff, why AG can't be the 2

Aside from buddy and Joe being here, and aside from "because JB won't do it", why is AG not a candidate for the 2 for next season?

I know he doesn't have a great handle (neither does buddy) but assuming he can learn the nuances (even though we've had freshman play the 2 many times) why couldn't he be the 2 next year if he stays (which I hope he does)?

I dont understand why with his athleticism, height, rebounding, length etc. He wouldn't be ideal.

I know it won't happen, but a lineup next year of KR, AG top of the zone, Benny, Q and tbd in the middle could be killer.

So long story short, I just need someone to explain without the witty JB or Buddy stuff, why AG can't be the 2
Boeheim cites his D as the reason he doesn’t play any 2.

Bolded the response. You answered your own question.

Steph Curry couldn't start at the 2 here next year. And sadly, that isn't a joke. Or I guess, it is.

Agreed. Kid is a natural 2.

Agreed. Kid is a natural 2.
I wouldn't call him a natural 2 with that handle. I would say he is a 2 before Buddy is a 3. That, I would take to the bank.

Griffin will be playing for money next season.
Given his family I don't see where there is a dire need financially. I would presume that to mean he hopes he can land a two way contract as a UFA or overseas. I see no chance he sniffs getting drafted yet.

Given his family I don't see where there is a dire need financially. I would presume that to mean he hopes he can land a two way contract as a UFA or overseas. I see no chance he sniffs getting drafted yet.
I would be surprised if his father told him he’s ready to play in the NBA.

He can’t handle the basketball like a 2 needs to in 2021. if he works on that in the offseason and improves that aspect a decent amount then i think we could see him there at times next season.

I actually think the fact his dad is a coach gives him a good shot to make a roster. If you listened to Devendorf‘s interview with Lydon this week you get good insight on the politics of the NBA.

Last edited:
I actually think the fact his dad is a coach gives him a good shot to make a roster. If you listened to Devendorfs interview with Lydon this week you get good insight on the politics of the NBA.

I will to catch that one. Im behind on those as there have been so many good ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom