Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

ZERO chance he gets drafted, he will be borderline for the G League. I can see him wanting to test the waters, but to sign with an agent and limit his options, just makes no sense to me unless the agent is paying big $$$$ to sign, which I doubt.

Guy turns 21 in two days. The NBA model does not value 22 or 23 year old players that much. Probably recognizing that his stock is unlikely to improve next year. He will make some form of a living playing somewhere. Let's not forget his Dad knows a thing or two here, and is likely advising him. This time next year he is getting paid to play basketball, an if he can give himself just one more year of earnings as an athlete good for him. Sometimes these guys may just realize that this is as good as it will get.

Guy turns 21 in two days. The NBA model does not value 22 or 23 year old players that much. Probably recognizing that his stock is unlikely to improve next year. He will make some form of a living playing somewhere. Let's not forget his Dad knows a thing or two here, and is likely advising him. This time next year he is getting paid to play basketball, an if he can give himself just one more year of earnings as an athlete good for him. Sometimes these guys may just realize that this is as good as it will get.
He's an Nba coach he knows what it takes to be an Nba player. He surely doesn't think his son is that right now.

It's so weird to think he's about a year younger than Guerrier is right now even though he's a year ahead of him.

Let me explain this very slowly. Just like AG. Neither Q or AG are getting drafted. I guess growing up they were dreaming of not getting drafted and toiling in the G league or playing overseas.
He gone.

Wish him the best of luck. His father probably gave him lots of advice. Even he doesn't get drafted, he'll be playing somewhere and getting a paycheck which sounds better than being on Boeheim's short leash.

The NBA model does not value 22 or 23 year old players that much.
I just don’t understand that. An average players career lasts, what, 4 years? So what’s the difference between a 21-25 year old versus a 23-27 year old? Makes no sense to me.

Maybe it’s just me but Griff got ample opportunity and plenty of shots the whole year up until the end when he was completely lost

He couldn’t beat out Braswell .. nba is beyond a pipe dream.. but he wasn’t coming back anyway .. I see little in terms of opportunity cost for him doing this

I just don’t understand that. An average players career lasts, what, 4 years? So what’s the difference between a 21-25 year old versus a 23-27 year old? Makes no sense to me.

I count 15 all stars drafted since 2015.

A grand total of 0 appear to be over 22 when drafted. I think I counted only 1 was 22, Siakam.

I think a better question is can you point to any guys who were 23+ that have been massive successes? Maybe Brogdon?

A grand total of 0 appear to be over 22 when drafted. I think I counted only 1 was 22, Siakam.

I think a better question is can you point to any guys who were 23+ that have been massive successes? Maybe Brogdon?
That’s really interesting. But are the teams only drafting All-Stars? Don’t they know that 50-75% of their team is going to be comprised of role players, worker Bees, lunch pail guys?

That’s really interesting. But are the teams only drafting All-Stars? Don’t they know that 50-75% of their team is going to be comprised of role players, worker Bees, lunch pail guys?

Worker bees are a dime a dozen in the nba. You win on stars.

Milwaukee is nothing without drafting Giannis.
Utah without Mitchell.

They are trying to hit the jackpot

Depends on your definition of massive but Buddy Hield is a very good NBA player

Or maybe he doesn't want to transfer a second time to a third school.

And if he stays, he'll be competing with a 5-star for PT, which might further inhibit his pursuit of the NBA goal. As Jake points out above, it is very likely that he got "the talk" after the season.

So maybe instead of "quitting" college basketball, he's doing what is best for himself, under the circumstances at hand.
You really think Boeheim told him there's no place for him?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom