Anae and the QB Position | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anae and the QB Position

Neither are starting over GS.

Yeah. They were probably miles off. GS couldn't beat out Devito for week 1 and those two couldn't get meaningful run the last 3 games of the year they were always a way off.

I'm pretty sure we are getting a QB.

Lot of good QBs out there. GS as the 2nd QB intrigues me.

The only way we get a QB like that from the portal is to promise him it is an open competition. And, that is the way it should be. Either way, we end up with a good starter and a good backup, more likely multiple good backups with Lamson and Morgan.
Every quarterback everywhere is promised an open competition where the best QB will start.

I knew someone was going to post that, but I view him as the weakest link of the five.

Like Bergeron, Bleich, Ellis, and Davis a whole lot more.

But I love PFF and think their analysis is generally spot on, so...
In my opinion when Vett messes up, he messes up BAD. It's a noticeable, head scratching screw up. He grades decent, but there's times when you watch him and you can't help but think, "what the hell was he doing on the play?"

Yeah. They were probably miles off. GS couldn't beat out Devito for week 1 and those two couldn't get meaningful run the last 3 games of the year they were always a way off.

I'm pretty sure we are getting a QB.

Lot of good QBs out there. GS as the 2nd QB intrigues me.

Jacob Rodriguez would be very very interesting

Why are you so confident in your opinion about Lamson? We haven't seen him play. Do you have inside info?
Because he has very little high school experience let alone college and you expect a new QB coach to hand the keys over. Just not going to happen. These coaches are here to win NOW.

Because he has very little high school experience let alone college and you expect a new QB coach to hand the keys over. Just not going to happen. These coaches are here to win NOW.
Agree. Heard some good things about Lamson but its hard to imagine him making that large of a leap. like you said, the staff need to win now.

What if the new OC/QB coach decide they don’t think they can win NOW with GS?

(I don’t think that’s likely, but)

Why are you so confident in your opinion about Lamson? We haven't seen him play. Do you have inside info?

Lamson is very well thought of after what he showed this year behind the scenes this year.

My prediction is we bring on a transfer QB or true freshman QB this year. GS starts. Lamson is QB2. Morgan transfers next year.

IMO, I’m not sold on Morgan. Never have been either. If he’s running the offense, we are limited.

Lamson is very well thought of after what he showed this year behind the scenes this year.

My prediction is we bring on a transfer QB or true freshman QB this year. GS starts. Lamson is QB2. Morgan transfers next year.

IMO, I’m not sold on Morgan. Never have been either. If he’s running the offense, we are limited.
How important is height for a quarterback?

Different viewpoints on this. IMO, at the college level, not as important as you’d think.
Cunningham at Louisville is listed at 6-1, he moves and finds windows to throw.

Different viewpoints on this. IMO, at the college level, not as important as you’d think.
Even in the NFL, guys who don't fit the old-school profile like Kyler Murray and Drew Brees have been having significant success

I asked because it seems that the Virginia stable of QBs is on the short side. I’ve always preferred our QBs to be at least 6’4”. The thinking was that they could see over the line better. But, if they don’t have the pocket awareness or ability to quickly read the defense, then it doesn’t help much. I now, prefer a QB with those intangibles first. But, the shorter they are, the more creative they must be in delivering the ball, because their angles are more limited.

Has there been negative recruiting against us with regard to how well "Dino's" offense prepares the QB for the NFL?

We heard positive things about Morgan his freshman year. He was thrown into a bad offense, He shouldnt have been on the field. He wasnt ready. I heard Lamson has good intanglibles as well but why are you more sold on Lamson's development? Are you sayng that because you think Lamson has passed him up?

Last edited:
If we are going to fill the vacant WR Coach position from outside; we need a proven coach who is a dynamic recruiter and hopefully with east coast experience.

Random thought, not sure if it was already posted. UVA did not offer Shrader in 2019. They did offer Phommachanh.
As did Syracuse.

Here is an article discussing things from early in the month. Syracuse was not named about the teams he might be interested in.

Sounds to me as though he wants to go somewhere he can play right away.

It looks like Cal's QB declared for the draft. Guessing they might lead here. Guessing Syracuse might be of real interest to a family based in Connecticut though. The key is whether Taisun thinks he can play right away at Syracuse.

As did Syracuse.

Here is an article discussing things from early in the month. Syracuse was not named about the teams he might be interested in.

It looks like Cal's QB declared for the draft. Guessing they might lead here. Guessing Syracuse might be of real interest to a family based in Connecticut though. The key is whether Taisun thinks he can play right away at Syracuse.

I don't know much about him, but I did watch his highlights from Clemson's spring game, not sure what year. But, at that point, he needed quite a bit of work to be ready to play.

As did Syracuse.

he wants to enroll for this semester to so things have to happen quick. I'm sure if we're serious about a portal QB Dino and the new UVA guys have reached out. This kid can be good, it would be crazy not to kick the tires.

he wants to enroll for this semester to so things have to happen quick. I'm sure if we're serious about a portal QB Dino and the new UVA guys have reached out. This kid can be good, it would be crazy not to kick the tires.
Yup.

I am really uncomfortable with 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. Really want to add one who can play spring ball and hopefully add another sometime soon so we go into the 2022 season with 5 QBs.

Pretty clear we are going to use dual threat QBs and expose them to injury. QBs are going to get hurt. We need a bunch to get our QB room in good shape depth wise.

The problem is a lot of the QBs in the portal want a guaranteed starting job. I think as time goes on, a bunch are going to see this is not possible. They probably are already seeing this.

There are only some many P5 programs out there and most have established QBs coming back. Some good QBs are going to have to enroll at schools where they will have to fight for a starting job. We can offer a fair shot at starting. That should be enough for a couple good ones to come here.

What if the new OC/QB coach decide they don’t think they can win NOW with GS?

(I don’t think that’s likely, but)
I would hope they bring in an experience QB from the portal if that is the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom