Another stupid question by Fat Mike | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Another stupid question by Fat Mike

Missed INTs okay give the Patriots SB 42 Asante Samuel missed an Int and Mike Vrabel had a turnover stolen from on a pile by an NY OL men.
Missed INT argument is weak sauce.

What is the Belichick system? Have a smart accurate passer? Brady has made Belichick while Belichick being a genius has benefited Brady greatly. Montana freaking had Bill Walsh. Let's forgot that.
Belichick says all the time it's a players game not a coaches game.

What did he do in KC win 2 playoff games and then get housed by Buffalo in an AFC title game?
Brady is 39 and finished 2nd in the MVP race if he doesn't sit 4 games he likely wins his 3rd MVP.

Brady's career is easily better than Montana's.
Montana played without a salary cap. He had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Dwight Clark/Brent Jones,
Roger Craig, Tom Rathman.

Brady has had a different back every 2 years, a different slot guy in every 3 years, and the only bonafide HOF he played with is Rob Gronkowski and 1 year he had Randy Moss at his end and put up at the time the greatest offensive season by a QB ever.
Brady Montana is over. I can hear argument you think Elway was a better QB because he played with inferior teams and carried them to SBs and Elway was an insane athlete during his time Michael Vick rose it to a new level but Elway was accurate and had a rocket arm like Vick.

Elway might be best All-Around QB ever. Rodgers could be better for some.
Brady passed Montana though.

You are part of the cult so I don't expect you to get it. Brady had an off game by his standards which was my point. Heck even he said the RB deserved the MVP.

Montana had to play against stacked defenses as well. The fact that NE can plug guys into the system (even QB the 1st 4 games this year) just proves my point.

Also IMO the coaches in the league aren't as strong as they used to be. Here is who SF and Montana beat in their SB winning seasons:

2x- Mike Ditka, Jerry Burns
1x- Ray Perkins, Tom Landry, Forrest Gregg, Bill Parcells, Don Shula, Sam Wyche, John Robinson, Dan Reeves

And he lost in the playoffs to:

3x- Parcells
1x- Joe Gibbs, Jerry Burns, Marv Levy, Don Shula

Ironically Belichick was a thorn in Montana's side.

Compared to Brady who beat:

2x- Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher
1x- Jon Gruden, Mike Martz, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, Chuck Pagano, Pete Carroll, Bill O'Brien, Mike Tomlin, Dan Quinn

And lost to:

2x- Harbaugh
1x- Mike Shanahan, Dungy, Rex Ryan, John Fox, Gary Kubiak
What about QBa each beat? I would say Montana is the greatest Super Bowl QB of alltime but Brady getting 5 titles passes him IMO and Brady isn't done yet. Brady could catch Peyton Manning's career stats if he plays 2-3 years at a decent level.

Kaiser who do Giants give credit for SB 25 Jeff Hostelter or Phil Simms?

Montana had them positioned to get to the SB prior to the Craig fumble as he left the game with the Niners in the lead.

You are part of the cult so I don't expect you to get it. Brady had an off game by his standards which was my point. Heck even he said the RB deserved the MVP.

Montana had to play against stacked defenses as well. The fact that NE can plug guys into the system (even QB the 1st 4 games this year) just proves my point.
He had a bad first half but he was ridlicious the last 18 minutes and OT. Brady said White deserved the MVP because he is humble. Brady got the ball to White because it was the mismatch and he took advantage of it. Scored the goal line TDs he wasn't the MVP of that game.

You realize with Jimmy G they didn't play like they do with Brady. The game plans put a lot less on the offense and relied on the D. The Pats played their best defensive game against Houston without Brady, they beat Arizona barely on a missed FG and Miami was a great half by Jimmy G.
They lost to Buffalo because they didn't have Brady.

The year Brady tore his ACL that was a stacked team it went 16-0 the previous year. They played a soft schedule the awful AFC and NFC west that year and went 11-5. With Brady that team likely goes 14-2 or 13-3. That team had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Sammy Morris. It was a talented roster and had an experienced D won 11 games.

Brady made Belichick more than vice-versa.

Brady didn't face the same stacked Defenses because of the salary cap but Montana's team was stacked as well. Montana had the greatest WR of alltime on his team and an elite D.

and wilt and jabbar were about the same type of scorers in 1970 or so. Russell wasn't afraid of wilt and he sure wasn't going to be afraid to play against Jabbar. By 1970, Russell was pretty much shot.
The stars in those days all played 40-45 minutes a night (hell, Wilt rarely came out) and that took a toll. Most of those guys retired in their mid-30s rather than trying to hang on in a reduced capacity.

What about QBa each beat? I would say Montana is the greatest Super Bowl QB of alltime but Brady getting 5 titles passes him IMO and Brady isn't done yet. Brady could catch Peyton Manning's career stats if he plays 2-3 years at a decent level.

Does Brady play D? This is what I mean by the cult not giving ANY credit to the coaches or other players.

That being said Montana beat in the playoffs:

2x- Jim McMahon, Wade Wilson
1x- Scott Brunner, Danny White, Ken Anderson, Phil Simms, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Eric Hipple, Jim Everett, John Elway, Mark Rypien, Neil O'Donnell, Warren Moon

Yes they aren't all great but Montana never lost to Mark Sanchez.

Does Brady play D? This is what I mean by the cult not giving ANY credit to the coaches or other players.

1x- Scott Brunner, Danny White, Ken Anderson, Phil Simms, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Eric Hipple, Jim Everett, John Elway, Mark Rypien, Neil O'Donnell, Warren Moon

Here is Montana's Mark Sanchez loss on his resume.
Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers - January 9th, 1988 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He had a bad first half but he was ridlicious the last 18 minutes and OT. Brady said White deserved the MVP because he is humble. Brady got the ball to White because it was the mismatch and he took advantage of it. Scored the goal line TDs he wasn't the MVP of that game.

You realize with Jimmy G they didn't play like they do with Brady. The game plans put a lot less on the offense and relied on the D. The Pats played their best defensive game against Houston without Brady, they beat Arizona barely on a missed FG and Miami was a great half by Jimmy G.
They lost to Buffalo because they didn't have Brady.

The year Brady tore his ACL that was a stacked team it went 16-0 the previous year. They played a soft schedule the awful AFC and NFC west that year and went 11-5. With Brady that team likely goes 14-2 or 13-3. That team had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Sammy Morris. It was a talented roster and had an experienced D won 11 games.

Brady made Belichick more than vice-versa.

Brady didn't face the same stacked Defenses because of the salary cap but Montana's team was stacked as well. Montana had the greatest WR of alltime on his team and an elite D.

No it wasn't ridiculous. That Edelman catch was dropped INT. The play before the game winning TD was a dropped INT. Atlanta had time on their side and was giving up the 5 yard passes over the middle. I could have made 85% of the throws Brady made during the come back. Brady is a great QB but he had far from a great game last night.

That wasn't a serious post, was it?

Also IMO the coaches in the league aren't as strong as they used to be. Here is who SF and Montana beat in their SB winning seasons:

2x- Mike Ditka, Jerry Burns
1x- Ray Perkins, Tom Landry, Forrest Gregg, Bill Parcells, Don Shula, Sam Wyche, John Robinson, Dan Reeves

And he lost in the playoffs to:

3x- Parcells
1x- Joe Gibbs, Jerry Burns, Marv Levy, Don Shula

Ironically Belichick was a thorn in Montana's side.

Compared to Brady who beat:

2x- Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher
1x- Jon Gruden, Mike Martz, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, Chuck Pagano, Pete Carroll, Bill O'Brien, Mike Tomlin, Dan Quinn

And lost to:

2x- Harbaugh
1x- Mike Shanahan, Dungy, Rex Ryan, John Fox, Gary Kubiak
this isn't a serious post either, is it?

Didn't the 49 er's win a super bowl after Montana was released?

No it wasn't ridiculous. That Edelman catch was dropped INT. The play before the game winning TD was a dropped INT. Atlanta had time on their side and was giving up the 5 yard passes over the middle. I could have made 85% of the throws Brady made during the come back. Brady is a great QB but he had far from a great game last night.
If it is that easy why don't all teams in the league run this system?
I mean talk about giving the guy no credit. So because he reads the D and takes what they give him you could make those passes.

The guy led his team to scores on 6 of his last 8 possessions. What QB is good with no protection? He played well overall last night. He had no running game and was hammered and got up. He made a chit decision on the pick 6 but he was awesome the 2nd half.

Oh yeah Steve Young is a bum.

Is this post serious?
So other qb's and Steve Young was no hero with Tampa Bay, could win with the 49ers. we don't know if another qb will win with the Pats.

If it is that easy why don't all teams in the league run this system?
I mean talk about giving the guy no credit. So because he reads the D and takes what they give him you could make those passes.

The guy led his team to scores on 6 of his last 8 possessions. What QB is good with no protection? He played well overall last night. He had no running game and was hammered and got up. He made a chit decision on the pick 6 but he was awesome the 2nd half.

If you ween't blinded you would see my point. I am not discrediting Brady I think he is the 2nd best QB of all time. He is a great QB who is very good at making reads and getting the ball to the right guy. His QB IQ and accuracy is what makes the system go from good to great.

My point was he took what Atlanta was giving him. Outside of the run, he wasn't making any plays out there that were above average. He shouldn't get a cookie for doing something he was supposed to do.

If you ween't blinded you would see my point. I am not discrediting Brady I think he is the 2nd best QB of all time. He is a great QB who is very good at making reads and getting the ball to the right guy. His QB IQ and accuracy is what makes the system go from good to great.

My point was he took what Atlanta was giving him. Outside of the run, he wasn't making any plays out there that were above average. He shouldn't get a cookie for doing something he was supposed to do.
He had 466 yards passing. Isn't that a super Bowl record? Oh he left the field with his team leading in both super Bowls he lost. Check the defensive records of the 49ers in the super Bowls that Montana played in. And most importantly, he isn't done yet. Oh, and by the way, I can't stand the guy.

He had 466 yards passing. Isn't that a super Bowl record? Oh he left the field with his team leading in both super Bowls he lost. Check the defensive records of the 49ers in the super Bowls that Montana played in. And most importantly, he isn't done yet. Oh, and by the way, I can't stand the guy.

Your point? He threw the ball how many times? He had how many YPA/C? He had how many TDs? Was Bernie Kosar's performance great in 1986 since he holds the record for most yards in a playoff game? Who had the better QB rating last night Brady or Ryan?

Brady didn't have a bad game. For a normal QB he had a decent game. By his standards, which are all time great, he had a down game. Which is m point. Tom Brady was not Tom Brady last night. He still was good but he wasn't GOAT good.

If you watched the NFL before 2001 you wouldn't even compare the two. So losing vs a QB (again QBs have no impact on each other) who the following year was 3d in QB rating, made the Pro Bowl, and hung around the league for 17 years is the same as losing to one of the biggest jokes in NFL history?
You know Montana was pulled from that game coaches decision because he sucked. Montana was awful that game.
It was a 9-7 Vikings team at a 13-3 Niners team. I know NFL history. That was a huge upset as nobody saw coming.
Wade Wilson was mediocre QB. He was slightly better than Mark Sanchez.
Wilson had 1 good year in 1988 but that Niner loss was pathetic just like the Pats loss in 2010 was pathetic.

Your point? He threw the ball how many times? He had how many YPA/C? He had how many TDs? Was Bernie Kosar's performance great in 1986 since he holds the record for most yards in a playoff game? Who had the better QB rating last night Brady or Ryan?

Brady didn't have a bad game. For a normal QB he had a decent game. By his standards, which are all time great, he had a down game. Which is m point. Tom Brady was not Tom Brady last night. He still was good but he wasn't GOAT good.
His yards an attempt was 7.46 which is pretty damn good.
He wasn't GOAT good? He is bleeping 39 yrs old and was playing in his 7th SB. Besides Warren Moon what 39 yr old QB has played this well and Moon at 39 wasn't even close to Brady good this year. Manning was cooked at 39. Brady isn't cooked yet.

Montana was done at 38. Brady at 39 just finished 2nd in the MVP voting and won a SB.

How many QBs have led their team back from 25 points in a playoff game? One Frank Reich in 1992. Brady doesn't get any credit from you.
QB rating? Congrats Matt Ryan instead of throwing the ball away he was sacked. Ryan had a run game Brady had none that game. The Falcons had 46 offensive snaps and the Pats had 93.

You think Matt Ryan was better last night okay. I will take Tom Brady.

Last edited:
His yards an attempt was 7.46 which is pretty damn good.
He wasn't GOAT good? He is bleeping 39 and was playing in his 7th SB. Besides Warren Moon what 39 has played this well and Moon wasn't even close to Brady good this year.

How many QBs have led their team back from 25 points in a playoff game? One Frank Reich in 1992. Brady doesn't get any credit from you.

True or False he was missing throws that he normally makes?

True or False he threw a pick 6?

True or False the Falcons missed another 3-4 INTs?

True or False Atlanta was giving up passes underneath?

True or False football is a team game?

Taking all that into account the cultist says Brady single handily won the game by making amazing play after amazing play. While the realist says Brady, while not having a typical Bradyesque game, led his team to the most improbable win in Super Bowl history.

BTW the QB ratings back up my point. Of Brady's 5 SBs Ws last night was his 4th best QB rating (2001 was worse) and it was the 40th best QB rating in the SB all time.

True first half he missed some throws.

True he threw a pick-6

False the Falcons didn't miss chit they either catch it or don't you can't play that game. Next thing you will say the Pats lost to the Giants last year because Landon Collins dropped an INT. Either catch it or not. All teams drop INTs.

Atlanta giving up passes? No they didn't Brady found the mismatch and it was a LB on White. Amendola on the Falcons 3rd DB.

You are holding Brady to an impossible standard for you to lose. He isn't perfect ever. He played well overall last night and became the first QB to win 5 Super Bowls. This isn't cult talk you won't give the guy his credit plain and simple.

It's the system. The system that all teams should be using if it's the system. The system to find to take what the defense gives you because you shouldn't do that you should force passes down the field because that way Brady is just a system guy for playing smart.

Brady was moving the ball all game long. In the first half the Patriots killed themselves. Blount fumbled the first drive in the 2nd quarter. Edelman dropped a pass the drive after the first Falcons TD. Brady threw a terrible pick-6 the next drive but he drove the team down and they got a FG before the half.

The Falcons didn't stuff the Pats offense they hammered Brady and made plays. Then after it was 28-3 Brady went TD, FG, TD, TD, TD.

Yeah was special yesterday.

True first half he missed some throws.

True he threw a pick-6

False the Falcons didn't miss chit they either catch it or don't you can't play that game. Next thing you will say the Pats lost to the Giants last year because Landon Collins dropped an INT. Either catch it or not. All teams drop INTs.

Atlanta giving up passes? No they didn't Brady found the mismatch and it was a LB on White. Amendola on the Falcons 3rd DB.

You are holding Brady to an impossible standard for you to lose. He isn't perfect ever. He played well overall last night and became the first QB to win 5 Super Bowls. This isn't cult talk you won't give the guy his credit plain and simple.

It's the system. The system that all teams should be using if it's the system. The system to find to take what the defense gives you because you shouldn't do that you should force passes down the field because that way Brady is just a system guy for playing smart.

Brady was moving the ball all game long. In the first half the Patriots killed themselves. Blount fumbled the first drive in the 2nd quarter. Edelman dropped a pass the drive after the first Falcons TD. Brady threw a terrible pick-6 the next drive but he drove the team down and they got a FG before the half.

The Falcons didn't stuff the Pats offense they hammered Brady and made plays. Then after it was 28-3 Brady went TD, FG, TD, TD, TD.

Yeah was special yesterday.

Man the Pats fans are the most cultist in the history of sports.

BTW the QB ratings back up my point. Of Brady's 5 SBs Ws last night was his 4th best QB rating (2001 was worse) and it was the 40th best QB rating in the SB all time.
I had a detailed response with stuff to prove my point but I realized it doesn't matter. It's all subjective think whatever you want Brady has had a better career than Montana.
Montana was better in the Super Bowl no doubt but he only has 4 titles it used to be the record. That record is no more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom