Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ?

Just had a work trip to Cali cancelled for next week - were were supposed to be having a leadership summit in the bay area and it's been postponed until July. Still planning on flying back east with my son for spring break next month.
Yeah as of right now I have meetings in Palo Alto next week, but there's talk of cancelling.

Looks like United has actually finally allowed for reservations to be changed without fees REGARDLESS of when they were booked.

Looks like United has actually finally allowed for reservations to be changed without fees REGARDLESS of when they were booked.
This has been the case for a while. The same with delta.

You still good? I just hit 14 days from my return from Singapore a few days ago. I'm in the clear (for now anyways).
Still good. Going to Charleston on Saturday then Tampa a week after... wondering if I can cancel my flights and re-book at cheaper prices... Although it sounds like the best I can get is vouchers.

Still good. Going to Charleston on Saturday then Tampa a week after... wondering if I can cancel my flights and re-book at cheaper prices... Although it sounds like the best I can get is vouchers.

This is the best that you can do. I had good luck canceling my Delta flights (for vouchers) via DM messaging on Twitter. United DM gave me a different story than when I called -- Best to call and cancel your flights if United

Got back from Cozumel/Tulum today. Return flight was about half full. Enjoyed that part a lot.

It's -26 degrees today... They say this has been the coldest winter in 45 years. Every time I even think about mentioning possibly cancelling our upcoming Hawaii trip, she gives me one of those "I'm going to murder this whole town if winter doesn't end" looks...

I think we're gonna have to tough this one out

Last edited:
It's -26 below today... They say this has been the coldest winter in 45 years. Every time I even think about mentioning possibly cancelling our upcoming Hawaii trip, she gives me one of those "I'm going to murder this whole town if winter doesn't end" looks...

I think we're gonna have to tough this one out

Yeah, I don't know how much better the chances of contracting it while on vacation are vs going about your daily business at home anyway. Is being on a plane really all that much worse than going to a bar or to the grocery store?

I’m traveling now and I travel fairly frequently. I just feel safer at home. If I get sick there I can quarantine in my home and ride it out. I don’t want to get sick while traveling.

I will admit a lot of it is in my mind

im headed to savannah on a golf trip a week from today and there is zero chance I cancel it. If I get sick then I get sick

I plan to cancel Disney tomorrow. Won't even go into how bad our timing has been these past 5 years.

Just returned from the Florida Keys. Planes and airports were eerily empty.The spring breakers in Key West were partying in the streets, since the mayor closed ALL bars and restaurants. Elsewhere in the Keys, establishments were open, but with state-mandated limitations in effect.

This was my family's year of travel.

We had trips (either some or all of us) planned to DC, Savannah, Austin, Rome, a Mediterrean Cruise, Arizona, San Diego, and the Pacific NW planned for this year. ALL cancelled (with the exception, for now, or the Pac NW which was a November thing and we still havent ruled out but who knows). I also have a late August work conference in Boston that I simply have no idea what to make of right now (I can probably get out of it if there is a risk- I am asthmatic). Plus of course the football tailgates i still hope to make this fall. So hoping this resolves by then, but who knows. Would be great to be on campus.

All that being said...I will gladly punt all of 2020 to ensure that all of those I love are here for 2021

Last edited:
Drove to Austin(2 hrs) yesterday with the fam and were able to cross Franklin BBQ off the Texas checklist. Theyre doing online ordering with curbside pickup right now in lieu of the normal 3 hour lines everyday. BBQ trips within that distance might be about it for travel for the foreseeable future.

Flight deals are so insane right now, cancellation policies are great too. Just booked Houston to Cabo for 5200 pts RT for 2 with the Companion Pass on Southwest. Did the very end of May, hopefully things are cleared up and if not can always cancel or push it back.

Flight deals are so insane right now, cancellation policies are great too. Just booked Houston to Cabo for 5200 pts RT for 2 with the Companion Pass on Southwest. Did the very end of May, hopefully things are cleared up and if not can always cancel or push it back.
Yeah I've actually thought about buying some flights now in the hopes that if they don't work out it just stacks up solid flight credit for down the road.

Yeah I've actually thought about buying some flights now in the hopes that if they don't work out it just stacks up solid flight credit for down the road.
It's definitely worth while. I think overall this is the cheapest I've ever seen relative to inflation and it seems that way for up to 6 months. That combined with every airline offering free changes on anything bought right now is unprecedented.

We cancelled our Hawai’i trip that would start this weekend. I knew for a while that we were going to, but it took a few weeks for it to sink in for her. We got a foot of snow this week, thought she was gonna lose it.

Also had two east coast work trips cancelled between now and June. Trips in July and August are up in the air. This is prolly gonna sound petty, but I’m starting to worry about my elite status with Alaska Air. I’m MVP Gold and was set to hit that again this year... with all these cancellations, I’m not sure if I’ll have enough miles before the end of the year. Also, paid for an Alaska Lounge membership for the year, can’t use it..Anyone think they’ll just extend everything a year?

We cancelled our Hawai’i trip that would start this weekend. I knew for a while that we were going to, but it took a few weeks for it to sink in for her. We got a foot of snow this week, thought she was gonna lose it.

Also had two east coast work trips cancelled between now and June. Trips in July and August are up in the air. This is prolly gonna sound petty, but I’m starting to worry about my elite status with Alaska Air. I’m MVP Gold and was set to hit that again this year... with all these cancellations, I’m not sure if I’ll have enough miles before the end of the year. Also, paid for an Alaska Lounge membership for the year, can’t use it..Anyone think they’ll just extend everything a year?
Check with them. I just had my hotel elite status extended a year. I have to think they aren't the only ones doing this.

Some people that live inFlorida are upset that a lot of New Yorker’s are flleeing the virus and going to Florida. They want all flights canceled that go to Florida.

United did for me. Same with Hilton - I'm diamond until 2022 now. Giggitidy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom