Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ?

Renting a house/cabin or something? Those kinds of things still seem to be somewhat possible, I would think/hope?

If not, this is going to be a brutal summer.
Yep... we go to Lake George, NY every year. Each of our individual families rent a cabin for the week. There are close to 20 of us (aunts/uncles/cousins etc) total but we have individual cabins. My favorite place on earth by a landslide. I'm not really one for praying, but I am praying this slows down a bit by then.

For anyone who has not been to Lake George, check it out.

Yep... we go to Lake George, NY every year. Each of our individual families rent a cabin for the week. There are close to 20 of us (aunts/uncles/cousins etc) total but we have individual cabins. My favorite place on earth by a landslide. I'm not really one for praying, but I am praying this slows down a bit by then.

Ive done quite a bit of this type of stuff in the Adirondacks with family/friends too, but have never spent any time in Lake George. I definitely need to check it out at some point.

Ive done quite a bit of this type of stuff in the Adirondacks with family/friends too, but have never spent any time in Lake George. I definitely need to check it out at some point.

The "queen of american lakes". For good reason. You will be hard-pressed to find more crystal clear water than Lake George.

Was hoping to get up there in July. Not sure if this Covid stuff will be gone by then or not.

Loved it the few trips we went when I was a kid. Had a fun time too when we went on a short road trip in the college days. I hope you get to go.

Recently voted the prettiest lake in the country. I won't disagree, but think Lake Champlain is right there as well.

Recently voted the prettiest lake in the country. I won't disagree, but think Lake Champlain is right there as well.
Isn’t that the lake where you can stand waist deep way out there? If so, I have heard great things about this one too. I also love Tahoe. Almost drown there on my honeymoon, lost my breath and panicked but saved by screaming to this kid on a float. It was really close. Lifeguard never heard me but I was way out.

Isn’t that the lake where you can stand waist deep way out there? If so, I have heard great things about this one too. I also love Tahoe. Almost drown there on my honeymoon, lost my breath and panicked but saved by screaming to this kid on a float. It was really close. Lifeguard never heard me but I was way out.
Middle of Champlain is 300+ feet deep. There are numerous sandbars all around though which make for some excellent wading.

re Tahoe - Got to see Godfather 2 mansion and some amazing paid tours on our honeymoon...Vikingsholm? Very nice one.
Godfather 2 mansion now a condo but our boat was right on the spot where Fredo was shot. And if you haven’t seen the movie by now, it ain’t a spoiler!

Middle of Champlain is 300+ feet deep. There are numerous sandbars all around though which make for some excellent wading.
That’s it, yup. My friend and his family were wading on a bar way past the shore.

Loved it the few trips we went when I was a kid. Had a fun time too when we went on a short road trip in the college days. I hope you get to go.
Some positive momentum and thoughts from tee should go a long way!!! Feel better about it already

FYI for those who don’t know, there is an actual island on Lake George called Dome Island. Naturally shaped, and protected. You can’t go on the island. Amazing. My 2 favorite things in life- Syracuse and this lake and they have that connection.

Happy earth day-
1587590884592.png

were staying in state if we do anything later in the summer maybe next year seeing how things go

If I have to sit by myself in our cabin or swim with a mask on, damnit I'm doing it.

FYI for those who don’t know, there is an actual island on Lake George called Dome Island. Naturally shaped, and protected. You can’t go on the island. Amazing. My 2 favorite things in life- Syracuse and this lake and they have that connection.

Happy earth day-
View attachment 180136
Gorgeous looking lake... gonna have to make time for that some day.

Lake George is sweet, but if you are looking for a less commercialized version of the same atmosphere I highly suggest Sacandaga Lake.

I just priced roundtrip airplane tickets from Albany to Nashville with four nights at a four star downtown hotel for just under $1000 total for two people in mid June. About half of the normal price. It's probably worth booking if the insurance covers everything.

I just priced roundtrip airplane tickets from Albany to Nashville with four nights at a four star downtown hotel for just under $1000 total for two people in mid June. About half of the normal price. It's probably worth booking if the insurance covers everything.
My wife wants to go to Nashville too. But what if nothing is open?

My wife wants to go to Nashville too. But what if nothing is open?
The entire state of Tennessee is open except for the City of Nashville. You would have to hope that in a month there would be something happening there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom