Anyone else wondering why the dome needs to be replaced today | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else wondering why the dome needs to be replaced today

"Snake oil salesmen whose uncles are in construction."

Great line! :p

"Snake oil salesmen whose uncles are in construction."

Great line! :p

Thornton Melon: First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.

We've seen this over the last 5 years in MLB with two of their signature franchises. The Red Sox renovated Fenway, and the Yankees built a new stadium. I'm a Yankes fan and I think the new Yankee Stadium is sadly the exact description given by OrangeDW.
Comparing the Dome to the House That Ruth Built weakens your point. The O's built a new park to replace memorial stadium and it has just the opposite effect. The new yankee stadium is a mausoleum for the Boss.

Comparing the Dome to the House That Ruth Built weakens your point. The O's built a new park to replace memorial stadium and it has just the opposite effect. The new yankee stadium is a mausoleum for the Boss.

And compared to the old one it sucks. The amenities are better but there's no soul. New doesn't always equal better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom