Anyone else wondering why the dome needs to be replaced today | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else wondering why the dome needs to be replaced today

Also, with the campus seemingly contiuing to move downhill, beyond Marshall,

In the direction of Kennedy Square. Hmmmmmm...

If you wait until its needed, its too late.
New multi use, retracable roof stadium. SU sports, hockey MLL, soccer, baseball, yes baseball, both SUand Chiefs, softball, sectional championships, state championsihps, other Dome like events, even equestrain, if its a grass field, conventions, dare I say Final Four, Place could be in use 365. Lotso fc ommerce.
by your terrible logic, we should continually build new stadia. can't wait til we need it. but turtle we just opened this. TOO LATE. i don't know we don't need it. OF COURSE WE DON"T NEED IT THAT'S WHY WE CAN"T WAIT

by your terrible logic, we should continually build new stadia. can't wait til we need it. but turtle we just opened this. TOO LATE. i don't know we don't need it. OF COURSE WE DON"T NEED IT THAT'S WHY WE CAN"T WAIT

Now you are just being unreasonable. When would you replace the roof on your house? Answer me that question. Tuttle is 100% right and it's really how most planning, design, and construction people look at things, within reason, Of course, you could just let the facility continue to get worse, do nothing, run it into the ground and then decide it's time. The fact it even if we moved forward, still 5-6 years from seeing that stadium, infrastructure completed.

If you wait for an emergency you are in trouble. Go tour the old Rochester City Schools if you want to see what happens when you just let facilities sit and wait to long. I guess you were clamoring that those didn't need fixing either!!! My Taxes, My taxes!!!!!!

Last edited:
the cornell campus going thru that stuff now, the main road thru campus closed for 2 years for construction of a couple bldgs, the baseball field going back to lou gerhig about 2 years away from turning into a bldg, but the biggest dump on the campus the football field is going strong.. the only sport that makes money Lynah was not rebuilt but modified because the coaches thought a new bldg would not bring the same home field advantage. new concourses that are way too crowded, bath room issues, food lines that are congested, and seats half the size of what the dome has.. and its still loved..

Lynah to me was really a locker room renovation more than anything , ADA and a few tweaks here and there that is where most of the money went...

Last edited:
IthacaBarrel said:
Now you are just being unreasonable. When would you replace the roof on your house? Answer me that question. Tuttle is 100% right and it's really how most planning, design, and construction people look at things, within reason, Of course, you could just let the facility continue to get worse, do nothing, run it into the ground and then decide it's time. The fact it even if we moved forward, still 5-6 years from seeing that stadium, infrastructure completed. If you wait for an emergency you are in trouble. Go tour the old Rochester City Schools if you want to see what happens when you just let facilities sit and wait to long. I guess you were clamoring that those didn't need fixing either!!! My Taxes, My taxes!!!!!!

Well I don't think it is that close to being run into the ground

Rcsd schools aren't my problem any more, brighton's extravagance is!

Well I don't think it is that close to being run into the ground

Rcsd schools aren't my problem any more, brighton's extravagance is!

No, but with no plan in place it will be. Certainly the are exploring options and really doing things the right way as far as the University is concerned.

Agree. I think this is all about politicians with money to spend and afraid of losing it to someone else if they don't spend it. That's not a reason to tear down a perfectly good facility.
they paid for the dome with other people's money before, they wanted to pay for a new building with other people's money now, they'll probably pay for a new building later.

if they're going to make other people pay for it every time we need a stadium, the least we can do is use the buildings for as long as we can

they paid for the dome with other people's money before, they wanted to pay for a new building with other people's money now, they'll probably pay for a new building later.

if they're going to make other people pay for it every time we need a stadium, the least we can do is use the buildings for as long as we can

35 years with no major renovation is pretty good, so either throw 200 mil at it over 5-6 years with 46 phases or build new, I am fine with either.

If you know where the Cadillac Lounge is, you'll understand why there is interest in this.

The high roller club is in the tunnel to the football locker room.

Yikes

If you know where the Cadillac Lounge is, you'll understand why there is interest in this.

The high roller club is in the tunnel to the football locker room.

Yikes
heavens to betsy! well that does it. now i think we need to steal a few hundred million from people who don't give a

heavens to betsy! well that does it. now i think we need to steal a few hundred million from people who don't give a

If you are interested in the long term quality of the program you better. Guess what champ, SU sports are a community asset, just like Destiny, and just like a modern, privately run stadium would be. Just like the Bills are to Buffalo and the Yankees are to NYC or the Nets are to Brooklyn now.

Paul Allen or Jerry Jones aren't walking through that door, and Syracuse isn't NYC where private investors are willing to sink $1B into a new stadium. There isn't any single entity in this town that can foot the bill, doesn't mean it's not in the interest of multiple parties that this get done.

For a community this size to build a facility that meets the needs of all concerned a portion has to be publicly financed, that's reality. The model that is being talked about here is the same as the Barclays Center.

If you are interested in the long term quality of the program you better. Guess what champ, SU sports are a community asset, just like Destiny, and just like a modern, privately run stadium would be. Just like the Bills are to Buffalo and the Yankees are to NYC or the Nets are to Brooklyn now.

Paul Allen or Jerry Jones aren't walking through that door, and Syracuse isn't NYC where private investors are willing to sink $1B into a new stadium. There isn't any single entity in this town that can foot the bill, doesn't mean it's not in the interest of multiple parties that this get done.

For a community this size to build a facility that meets the needs of all concerned a portion has to be publicly financed, that's reality. The model that is being talked about here is the same as the Barclays Center.

Well said.

champ?

you listen pal champ sport bub whatever stupid name you wanna use

i'll just repeat what i said earlier "if they're going to make other people pay for it every time we need a stadium, the least we can do is use the buildings for as long as we can"

a little advice for you. if you want to convince people who don't like SU sports that we need a public partnership, the last thing you should try to sell to skeptics is that their money is needed to move something called the Cadillac Lounge from its current less than ideal location.

you wrote that as if it's some big aha. buzzfeed the big reason why SU's new stadium will BLOW YOUR MIND - the cadillac lounge will be relocated

also, just because no single entity can pay for it doesn't mean that we need to spend tax money on it

i also agree that no single entity is paying for a stadium. which is why I'm glad we ALREADY HAVE ONE

Last edited:
champ?

i'll just repeat what i said earlier "if they're going to make other people pay for it every time we need a stadium, the least we can do is use the buildings for as long as we can"

a little advice for you. if you want to convince people who don't like SU sports that we need a public partnership, the last thing you should try to sell to skeptics that their money is needed to move something called the Cadillac Lounge from it's current less than ideal location.

you wrote that as if it's some big aha. buzzfeed the big reason why SU's new stadium will BLOW YOUR MIND - the cadillac lounge will be relocated

also, just because no single entity can pay for it doesn't mean that we need to spend tax money on it

i also agree that no single entity is paying for a stadium. which is why I'm glad we ALREADY HAVE ONE
The facility we currently have can not be used as a general event and convention center, it is on campus and that would threaten the university's not for profit designation. Because the area doesn't have such a facility , it loses millions of dollars in lost events. The state and county want to build a convention center, and that will cost 200-250 million.

champ?

a little advice for you. if you want to convince people who don't like SU sports that we need a public partnership, the last thing you should try to sell to skeptics is that their money is needed to move something called the Cadillac Lounge from it's current less than ideal location.

No, I said if you can understand why there is interest in having a new stadium. It's another EXAMPLE of the inadequacy of the facility. Just like the media box and facilities, just like the locker rooms, just like the current boxes, just like the court side kluge, just like Press Row for hoops, just like the location of Club 44, just like the congestion in the corners, just like the sound sucks and the lighting is bad.

And if you don't think having the the best place for a private club area for your biggest donors is a locker room tunnel is a problem, you don't have a clue.

Last edited:
No, I said if you can understand why there is interest in having a new stadium. It's another EXAMPLE of the inadequacy of the facility. Just like the media box and facilities, just like the locker rooms, just like the current boxes, just like the court side kluge, just like Press Row for hoops, just like the location of Club 44, just like the congestion in the corners, just like the sound sucks and the lighting is bad.

The dome for all of its charm is pretty much dated and a dump. Like I said, if the plan is to renovate, phased to the high heavens over 5-6 years and to spend 200 mil. which much of it will be spent on fast track schedules and expediting long lead items then so be it but I don't think people will like it nor will the University. Talk about wasting money

The dome for all of its charm is pretty much dated and a dump. Like I said, if the plan is to renovate, phased to the high heavens over 5-6 years and to spend 200 mil. which much of it will be spent on fast track schedules and expediting long lead items then so be it but I don't think people will like it nor will the University. Talk about wasting money

And that doesn't address other issue and interests that when bundled make this thing a good idea and feasible. It doesn't address the War Memorial issue, it doesn't address the issue of not having a top notch publicly accessible facility for other events such as concerts and conventions or other sports.

Even if they do this, doesn't the county and state still want to build a multipurpose event center to replace the war memorial, and how much would that cost?

The facility we currently have can not be used as a general event and convention center, it is on campus and that would threaten the university's not for profit designation. Because the area doesn't have such a facility , it loses millions of dollars in lost events. The state and county want to build a convention center, and that will cost 200-250 million.
i agree that the dome can't be used as a general event and convention center. I happen to think that's a lousy way to spend other people money. There's no lack of convention facilities around. they never live up to the rosy projections.

i agree that the dome can't be used as a general event and convention center. I happen to think that's a lousy way to spend other people money. There's no lack of convention facilities around. they never live up to the rosy projections.
The University is willing to be a long term tenant for all of its sports programs and large convention needs. They aren't going out of business and will pay this for at least as long as it takes to pay off the bonds. You don't think the war memorial has reached the end of its usable life?

And if you don't think having the the best place for a private club area for your biggest donors is a locker room tunnel is a problem, you don't have a clue.
of course it's a problem. whose problem is it? not some taxpayer who doesn't like your team

Yeah, if that is the sole purpose of the thing. Kind of the whole point of pulling a bunch of functionality, multiple tenants, and multiple events into a single building.

Yeah, if that is the sole purpose of the thing. Kind of the whole point of pulling a bunch of functionality, multiple tenants, and multiple events into a single building.
i think that whole point is a lousy investment. sorry.

sincerely,

champ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom