Anyone just see the VT entrance? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone just see the VT entrance?

Just got back from dinner with girlfriends coworkers. Any video of said entrance?

Not to make us all feel worse about stuff like this, but being in a DOME we have such a huge advantage in creating an entrance and atmosphere like this over almost every other school. Because being indoors we control the lighting!! Imagine this... the lights go dark, on goes the pre-entrance video, throw a couple orange lasers flash through the Dome have it draw the giant BLOCK S or the number 44 on the field or something, have some Orange smoke pops up by where the players are about to walk out by the student section...then queue the kick-ass music and you have your "HOLY S#IT" moment and the Dome rockin before the game. It's really not that hard.

But we have "I LOVE NY" followed by the bell.

Last edited:
I might be having a moment...but didnt we used to play "Hells Bells" on 3rd down? When did we stop?

I might be having a moment...but didnt we used to play "Hells Bells" on 3rd down? When did we stop?
I think we may have played the first "GONG" from the hells bells song but that's it. Just 1 GONG and it was many years ago

that band you hear during the VT/Clemson game, that's the Clemson band. In Virginia. Soon to be in Syracuse

I think we may have played the first "GONG" from the hells bells song but that's it. Just 1 GONG and it was many years ago
All due respect, it has been played regularly, including THIS season.

It's really not. Hire anyone under the age of 40 who isn't out of touch with the 18-35 demo of what young Americans want to outline a pregame program of what to do prior to the game to get the crowd into it and you can figure it out. You get through all of your pre-game advertisements/promotions at least 10 min before the team takes the field. The band you get done about 10 min before that. Then you go into your pre-game VIDEO BOARD entrance video, then find a kick-ass rock/heavy metal song to play as the team runs onto the field (look at the library of AC/DC, Metallica...etc to find one that another school isn't using.) Then just as the video ends, queue the music and the team runs onto the field. Hence you just created "a moment" and a "fun environment"

It's not that tough, hell I will do it for free for them if they want. Schools across the country do it every Saturday, NFL teams do it every Sunday (watch a Pats game with the "FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU" that goes into the cannon being fired), heck even the WWE does it every Monday night with their shows and when guys make a grand entrance on queue.

I thought we had that with Ozzy and the Crazy Train (Elmira Express) entrance...thought that was the best one yet...but we of course had to change it. Used to LOVE to get to the Dome to see the train, hear Ozzy laughing and the whistle go off as the team came out of the tunnel with the smoke.

I miss that more than I thought I would, but I do.

Raining Blood -Slayer

Let the bodies hit the floor

Beaten why for (why for)
Can't take much more
(Here we go, here we go, here we go)

One, nothing wrong with me
Two, nothing wrong with me
Three, nothing wrong with me
Four, nothing wrong with me
One, something's got to give
Two, something's got to give
Three, something's got to give now

...That's the song!!

Metallica was thumping, and the crowd was going bonkers. The whole place jumping up and down. That was awesome. Gooosebumps. GD Id love to see that atmosphere in the Dome again one day.
Get a delorean with flux capacitor and drive 88 mph back to 1987-1998

Not to make us all feel worse about stuff like this, but being in a DOME we have such a huge advantage in creating an entrance and atmosphere like this over almost every other school. Because being indoors we control the lighting!! Imagine this... the lights go dark, on goes the pre-entrance video, throw a couple orange lasers flash through the Dome have it draw the giant BLOCK S or the number 44 on the field or something, have some Orange smoke pops up by where the players are about to walk out by the student section...then queue the kick-ass music and you have your "HOLY S#IT" moment and the Dome rockin before the game. It's really not that hard.

But we have "I LOVE NY" followed by the bell.

Yes, the we control the lighting, but once you turn off the lights, it takes a extremely long time for them to power back up. Same reason is why the intros for hoops are in full light mode.

Yes, the we control the lighting, but once you turn off the lights, it takes a extremely long time for them to power back up. Same reason is why the intros for hoops are in full light mode.

Arrive early fans, team will come out of the tunnel an hour before kickoff. In a related note, we’ll be cutting off beer sales at the end of the first quarter.

Anyone know if is on the Dome improvement list?

WOW, if that's the case we really are a mickey mouse organization. We can't even turn the lights on and off without it being an issue. Every arena in America can do this instantly but us nope, unreal!

Maybe with the Dome renovation that will be completed in about 2030 we will finally be able to turn the lights off.

WOW, if that's the case we really are a mickey mouse organization. We can't even turn the lights on and off without it being an issue. Every arena in America can do this instantly but us nope, unreal!

Maybe with the Dome renovation that will be completed in about 2030 we will finally be able to turn the lights off.

What do you like about SU?

What do you like about SU?
A lot I go to every football game. The defense has been great this year. I like our head coach who aside from 1 bad game vs MTSU he hasn't been an issue in a year and a half now with how he run things or calls a game. There is a lot I like.

But at times you have to be honest and call it like ya see it with certain things around the program

A lot I go to every football game. The defense has been great this year. I like our head coach who aside from 1 bad game vs MTSU he hasn't been an issue in a year and a half now with how he run things or calls a game. There is a lot I like.

But at times you have to be honest and call it like ya see it with certain things around the program

Understood but the lights? I don't think any stadium does that.

Winning seems to help solve the pomp part of football. VT looks awesome, but they didn't have Daryl Gross systematically ruining everything for them for a decade.

New lights are coming ... with the new roof. :rolleyes:

Will they need a running start to turn on?

I never cared about a lights out entrance for football but always thought it would be pretty cool for basketball.

Will they need a running start to turn on?

I never cared about a lights out entrance for football but always thought it would be pretty cool for basketball.

I think the newer LED lights are instant.

They still got a quick thumping after that and Clemson went on cruise control for the rest of the game

I was in NYC and I got the bartender to turn up the volume the whole bar was like wow !
We simply don't have that , I have many ideas to pass along to coach AFTER the seeason that he may or may not like but I have a feeling it may. All it takes is $$$$$$
Get the kids to the quad
Make it a party atmosphere ( dj, food etc)
Give them there own entrance and entrance music make them stars , show them on the big screen , give them orange fog machines , bullhorns , don't shoot tshirts into the student body shoot restaurant/bar gift cards make it talked about I have tons more ideas
Watch this video it's from Tommy's high school rival ,they are called the crazies , they are famous , it's a passed along tradition it's why we loved playing in the BNU ( the best in the country ) coach babers and Lewis were at that game and couldn't believe the atmosphere sad to say it is way more intense than the dome atmosphere... but that's gonna change !!!! Watch the vid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom