Anyone just see the VT entrance? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone just see the VT entrance?

Picture the team in the tunnel for the first 51 seconds of this song. Then at the 52 second mark, they run out of the tunnel. Seriously...watch it, and envision it.

I ABSOLUTELY love this, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't care much for heavy metal/hard rock.

Man, this would get EVERYONE riled up! It would also be perfect because of the build up like you mentioned. The build up would be crazy in the dome. Let's do this!!!!

Last edited:
I'd take the first 45 seconds of Chop Suey by System of a Down:

Yes, the we control the lighting, but once you turn off the lights, it takes a extremely long time for them to power back up. Same reason is why the intros for hoops are in full light mode.

That would seem to have been a valid reason 20-30 years ago. We can’t get some better lights that turn on faster by now?

Picture the team in the tunnel for the first 51 seconds of this song. Then at the 52 second mark, they run out of the tunnel. Seriously...watch it, and envision it.

My BC wife says even she would be psyched to watch us play if we took the field with that! So much Audioslave, Soundgarden, or Rage would work (although Rage might have "adult" lyric issues). I also like the PE suggestions. It needs to be timeless and classy. I've mentioned Pink Floyd One of these Days, but like this a bit more.

I was in NYC and I got the bartender to turn up the volume the whole bar was like wow !
We simply don't have that , I have many ideas to pass along to coach AFTER the seeason that he may or may not like but I have a feeling it may. All it takes is $$$$$$
Get the kids to the quad
Make it a party atmosphere ( dj, food etc)
Give them there own entrance and entrance music make them stars , show them on the big screen , give them orange fog machines , bullhorns , don't shoot tshirts into the student body shoot restaurant/bar gift cards make it talked about I have tons more ideas
Watch this video it's from Tommy's high school rival ,they are called the crazies , they are famous , it's a passed along tradition it's why we loved playing in the BNU ( the best in the country ) coach babers and Lewis were at that game and couldn't believe the atmosphere sad to say it is way more intense than the dome atmosphere... but that's gonna change !!!! Watch the vid

I remember when a VT fan tried to sue Syracuse because he suffered permanent hearing loss at the Dome. I remember lots of people used to wear ear plugs to the games to prevent damage. I remember CBS having one of those decibel readers at the Dome for big games more than once.

Hearing that a HS has a more intense atmosphere just doesn’t sit right with me.

Team has to win to get it back, but there are certainly things that can be done to make it a more fun atmosphere.

I was in NYC and I got the bartender to turn up the volume the whole bar was like wow !
We simply don't have that , I have many ideas to pass along to coach AFTER the seeason that he may or may not like but I have a feeling it may. All it takes is $$$$$$
Get the kids to the quad
Give them there own entrance and entrance music make them stars , show them on the big screen , give them orange fog machines , bullhorns , don't shoot tshirts into the student body shoot restaurant/bar gift cards make it talked about I have tons more ideas
Watch this video it's from Tommy's high school rival ,they are called the crazies , they are famous , it's a passed along tradition it's why we loved playing in the BNU ( the best in the country ) coach babers and Lewis were at that game and couldn't believe the atmosphere sad to say it is way more intense than the dome atmosphere... but that's gonna change !!!! Watch the vid

There may be a Jersey thing to this. I went to Ramapo, about five minutes from Bergen Catholic and your son's school. NJ football was not great then but there were great players. We didn't get good until we had Chris Sims, and Greg Toal on our sideline. Hoops had already arrived. We were a crazy crowd. We had a "hey ho" chant that I swear to this day Naughty by Nature took when we played Orange in the state semifinals for hip hop hooray.

When I went to SU from Ramapo, my friends' parents swore the Dome Ranger was me because who else would incite the crowd with such silly antics. Our hoops crowds at SU have always been the more rowdy, but I fear even that is lost, and I blame some of that on our current style of play. I saw Guys like McRae and Wallace, and idolized Coleman, Johnson, Owens, Thompson. The game doesn't value those BigEast rim rockers anymore. Our new football style has the potential to bring some of this back. We need the Darius, Kevin Mitchell types to go with the dynamic offensive play makers and it will be fun again.

Listen tot the first 45 seconds and think without Lyrics.

Get the kids to the quad

You have to get the people to the quad or at least in their dome seats before the team enters. I am in the quad every game and people aren't on the quad nor in their seats by game time. Maybe SU should lie and says the game starts are at least 10 minutes earlier than the stated time. :(

Drowning Pool instrumental, just use the scream from the lyrics when the players run onto the field...then hit the train whistle.

Understood but the lights? I don't think any stadium does that.

Winning seems to help solve the pomp part of football. VT looks awesome, but they didn't have Daryl Gross systematically ruining everything for them for a decade.

Duke after every score dims on/off the lights, not totally dark, and not every light, but they adjust them. It looks like they are malfunctioning, but it is on purpose so it can be done.

Metallica was thumping, and the crowd was going bonkers. The whole place jumping up and down. That was awesome. Gooosebumps. GD Id love to see that atmosphere in the Dome again one day.

Love it, they have been using enter sandman for years, and it works. There's build up, there is juice, it all makes sense! Our entrance is soooo pedestrian. No build up, no juice, we sometimes enter at 3:00 or sometimes 4:00. We are lost.

I think the Fort minor song Remember the name would be stellar...there is a clean version..

You ready?
Let's go!
Yeah...
For those of you that want to know what we're all about
It's like this y'all, c'mon

This is 10% luck, 20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% pain
And 100% reason to remember the name

Mike, he doesn't need his name up in lights
He just wants to be heard whether it's the beat or the mic
He feels so unlike everybody else
Alone in spite of the fact that some people still think that they know him
But 'em, he knows the code
It's not about the salary
It's all about reality and makin' some noise
Makin' the story
Makin' sure his clique stays up
That means when he puts it down Tak's pickin' it up, let's go

Read more: Fort Minor - Remember The Name Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Or the instrumental only, then SU plug in a video during Eminem's - Lose yourself...

Look If you had One shot Or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted In one moment Would you capture Or just let it slip?

Or the instrumental only, then SU plug in a video during Eminem's - Lose yourself...

Look If you had One shot Or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted In one moment Would you capture Or just let it slip?
Don’t forget the “Cuse Yourself” version from the ‘03 run. Could just change the lyrics for football.

Baldwinsville HS Has the new lights, the marching band has used them to flicker, and in last years show they turned them completely off. Then with a flick of a switch they were right back on full power. They’re even controlled from an iPhone. True story.

The Boston Bruins do this. And it is awesome

Fireworks or some sort of laser show, and fog...copious amounts of fog at the same time as the fireworks in the video at the 52 second mark. Who do we need to talk to? You've got a bunch of overpaid people in the ath. dept, who have come up with absolutely nothing. We've managed to come up with a great intro in a day.

I remember when a VT fan tried to sue Syracuse because he suffered permanent hearing loss at the Dome. I remember lots of people used to wear ear plugs to the games to prevent damage. I remember CBS having one of those decibel readers at the Dome for big games more than once.

Hearing that a HS has a more intense atmosphere just doesn’t sit right with me.

Team has to win to get it back, but there are certainly things that can be done to make it a more fun atmosphere.
Great ideas, but I can't see the team running out to that song with bull horns, or fireworks, or lasers etc. Good song, but it doesn't have the explosive factor.

We need this to happen for the Clemson game. It would look and sound impressive on t.v. Night game, so you can drop the lights and get it dark and ominous, and the biggest crowd we'll have all year. I'm sick of us looking like small potatoes on national t.v. People think the atmosphere at our games are a joke. Let's do it right for 1 game. Then if we should somehow knock off Clemson, we open with "Cochise" every game. That is how a tradition starts. It happens organically.

I think they should shoot Otto out of a cannon and catch him in the field goal net.
THis would be awesome. Create a huge orange cannon and shoot him from the 50. Just as he goes through the uprights the team runs out and a slew of fireworks go off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom