Anyone know if Mintz will actually be the starting pg? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know if Mintz will actually be the starting pg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to envision, barring injury, that a highly rated recruit like Mintz won't start.

But his skill set is not that of a true lead guard. But he has a much better handle than Joe, and should go a long way towards helping the team break pressure defense more effectively, a problem that cost us several games last year.

And Joe is a good enough playmaker, that the two playing in combination shouldn't matter. Doesn't really matter what you call them. Ditto if Symir is in the game. I think these 3 can play in any combination.

Difficult to envision, barring injury, that a highly rated recruit like Mintz won't start.

But his skill set is not that of a true lead guard. But he has a much better handle than Joe, and should go a long way towards helping the team break pressure defense more effectively, a problem that cost us several games last year.

And Joe is a good enough playmaker, that the two playing in combination shouldn't matter. Doesn't really matter what you call them. Ditto if Symir is in the game. I think these 3 can play in any combination.
Yeah, what RF said. We'll be starting two combo guards next year with our only true point coming off the bench.

In addition to the quoted points above, the quickness, handle and straight ahead speed of Mintz should help us get into transition, even if he's not a true point.

One thing that amazed me about his highlights were how he outran players who had both a headstart and a better line to the ball to get to loose balls.

Between our three guards we'll be ok, even with only Torrence as a true point.

Unless there's injury or ineligibility or he's just sucking in practice, there's no way Mintz doesn't start game 1.

Now, as RF articulates above, there might be nuance in the granular who's playing the 1, who's playing the 2...

How about a rotation similar to Scoop-Brandon-Dion?

The only way he wouldn't start would probably be Symir getting a token start, and Mintz getting in fairly early. But my guess is Mintz starts with zero inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom