AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 3) | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 3)

Whether GT ends up being good or not down the line, if we beat them, I think it will garner us a lot of respect and attention.
The only time I would really like to be in the poll say around about 15 is when Miami comes to town and ruin their season with a beatdown.

Syracuse #48

Others Receiving Votes​

Syracuse 1
I notice FSU has only dropped to 36 in the FPI, after going 0-2 against unranked teams, but are ahead of multiple 1-0 teams that actually beat P4 teams. Way too much value given to subjective preseason ranking - this is true of many of these ranking systems. Historically, this has helped the factories, especially vs the non-factories that have great seasons.

Ranking in AP is different from getting AP love. The latter is to get some votes even the record is no good.
So, just curious, if we beat ga tech and get a few votes is that AP love or not? Bc it’s not a bad record so is that just AP standard vote?

Coaches poll is garbage.

Others Receiving Votes​

Georgia Tech 86; Texas A&M 78; Memphis 43; Kentucky 23; Boise State 22; SMU 19; Auburn 13; Wisconsin 11; Iowa State 10; UNLV 9; Tulane 9; Maryland 9; Liberty 9; Nebraska 8; Boston College 7; South Florida 5; James Madison 4; Air Force 4; UTSA 3; North Carolina 3; Appalachian State 3; Texas State 2; Syracuse 1; Coastal Carolina 1;

So half of the ACC is in the others receiving votes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom