Are we gradually going to sink to BC/Pitt level? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are we gradually going to sink to BC/Pitt level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know JB doesn’t care to recruit as much but I really hope this year was a wake up call to hit the transfer portal harder going forward instead of settling like this year. No team should be this bad with the current transfer portal.
I doubt it with 5 freshman coming in this class unless there is another exodus of our current roster.

I doubt it with 5 freshman coming in this class unless there is another exodus of our current roster.
Unless our freshman can play next we are going to be in big trouble.
I think Girard and Swider will come back and start.

Edwards not sure.
Buddy and Jimmy gone.

Hopefully Benny is a starter next year.

I just hope we have a deep rotation and players actually get a chance to develop.

Until players don’t have tenure we won’t see improvement.

Edwards not sure.
Buddy and Jimmy gone.

I just hope we have a deep rotation and players actually get a chance to develop.

Joe and Cole both starting and taking up 35mpg will certainly assure we continue to have a bad defense. Main hope is that Joe can slide over to the 2 on offense and allow for an actual PG to facilitate an offense of some kind.

Joe and Cole both starting and taking up 35mpg will certainly assure we continue to have a bad defense. Main hope is that Joe can slide over to the 2 on offense and allow for an actual PG to facilitate an offense of some kind.
Is Girard going to be a 5 year 30+ MPG player?

I just want 4 division 1 P5 Guards 4 division 1 P5 forwards. 2 division 1 P5 centers.
1 wild card prospect for development.

Then go ahead JB and give 2 walkons scholarships.

Please unless you have all conference players then make players earn their minutes.

Pitt used to be damn good, hated playing them while Dixon was there. I can see us getting to their current level if Gmac takes over.
Way to get your Gmac hate in there. He’s yet to coach a game and you have him taking the program to it’s death. Great job.

We're a .500 conference team over like a 7 year sample size. Isn't that exactly what mediocre would be?
It's really 8. It started with 14-15 and we're now 21-22..And during that time we've had a F4 and 2 S16s which is kind of amazing considering we were lucky to make the tourney in all 3 of those seasons. We've been a bubble team or less for EIGHT consecutive years. UNACCEPTABLE.

Way to get your Gmac hate in there. He’s yet to coach a game and you have him taking the program to it’s death. Great job.
What has he done in 10 years here that warrants an opportunity? His recruiting and talent evaluation has been incredibly awful.

If what is happening now (scapegoating certain players unfairly) continues through the season, I expect some of these current players to be driven into the portal... And who could blame them?

Whether that's a max exodus or not, I guess we'll"'ll see.

Unfortunately, I don't see what would really keep that from happening. Pitt has $$$, actually quite a bit more than SU. Pitt also has the history. It happened to them rather quickly.

Follow our trajectory since around 2009 and that's precisely where we are heading. Something needs to change.

Edwards not sure.
Buddy and Jimmy gone.

I don’t think Cole is coming back. His plan was 1 year. It hasn’t gone as planned but he’ll be 23 in May. I think he’ll want to start making money overseas. Highly unlikely he gets to the nba even if he comes back next year

I think we should bring Jamie Dixon in as our next coach.
I would absolutely consider him amongst under candidates if he was interested.

This isn’t even remotely true. We had great classes, the players panning out, that’s another story.
It's such a garbage simplistic analysis that completely ignores any other potential cause like player development, coaching and strategies because that's what that poster has decided is the problem.

It isn't the falt of the coach or staff. Being in the ACC is a death sentence for recruiting if you are a NE school. The ACC is a southern conference. The top NE kids that go ACC go to the schools that best represent the ACC. The NE kids that want to stay involved in NE hoops go to the Big East teams that best represent the Big East. Funny how our staff lost its ability to recruit once we joined the ACC but was able to recruit when we were representative the best of the Big East. We have good facilities but so do our competitors. Once our fan base collapses our hole will get ever deeper. It is not forordained, but yes it could get worse. Brace yourself for next year.

Your takes lately have been pretty bad. Maybe living in Alaska doesn’t give you great perspective.

Edwards not sure.
Buddy and Jimmy gone.

I wouldn’t expect much from our incoming freshmen. In another year they should start to perform. We need a few impact transfers to bridge that gap.

The question I have is does Buddy really leave if he’s part of the worst season in his fathers career?

It's such a garbage simplistic analysis that completely ignores any other potential cause like player development, coaching and strategies because that's what that poster has decided is the problem.
Its all about recruiting...

Its all about recruiting...
First off. If that were the case Duke and UK would be in the FF every year.

Secondly we aren’t even close to the bottom of the ACC in recruiting rankings Etc.

You’re argument is simplistic.

Your takes lately have been pretty bad. Maybe living in Alaska doesn’t give you great perspective.
Time will tell...
1) our recruiting is down
2) the ACC hurts our standing as the Beast of the East. We once were that, and now we are the least of the SE.

First off. If that were the case Duke and UK would be in the FF every year.

Secondly we aren’t even close to the bottom of the ACC in recruiting rankings Etc.

You’re argument is simplistic.
Duke and UK recruit at a higher level than us. We are close to the bottom of the ACC and next year will not be better.
It is not coincidence that the 3 NE ACC teams are doing worse than the original BE teams that are still in the BE.
I hate to make my argument. It is what it is.

Last edited:
It isn't the falt of the coach or staff. Being in the ACC is a death sentence for recruiting if you are a NE school. The ACC is a southern conference. The top NE kids that go ACC go to the schools that best represent the ACC. The NE kids that want to stay involved in NE hoops go to the Big East teams that best represent the Big East. Funny how our staff lost its ability to recruit once we joined the ACC but was able to recruit when we were representative the best of the Big East. We have good facilities but so do our competitors. Once our fan base collapses our hole will get ever deeper. It is not forordained, but yes it could get worse. Brace yourself for next year.

SU joined the ACC in 2013.
We've had two top 10 recruiting classes since we joined, this year our class is ranked 15th which is good (just missing the blue chip recruit or two)

Hop leaving hurt and the sanctions hurt us, but our recruiting is what is because of the staff. Blaming the ACC for our down recruiting is incorrect and lazy. Which recruit besides Andre Jackson didn't pick us cause they wanted to stay in the Northeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom