Are we gradually going to sink to BC/Pitt level? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are we gradually going to sink to BC/Pitt level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke and UK recruit at a higher level than us. We are close to the bottom of the ACC and next year will not be better.
I hate to make my argument. It is what it is.
No we aren’t. You aren’t posting anything based on facts.

SU joined the ACC in 2013.
We've had two top 10 recruiting classes since we joined, this year our class is ranked 15th which is good (just missing the blue chip recruit or two)

Hop leaving hurt and the sanctions hurt us, but our recruiting is what is because of the staff. Blaming the ACC for our down recruiting is incorrect and lazy. Which recruit besides Andre Jackson didn't pick us cause they wanted to stay in the Northeast?
If this team had unnamed pg, Braswell, and Guerrier we likely are 12-3/13-2 and nobody is complaining about recruiting.

If we played the right guys when we needed them
on the court nobody is complaining about bad recruiting.

If we played Anselem and Torrence down the stretch yesterday and win nobody is complaining about recruiting.

We’ve signed good players and either they’ve left or JB has kept them on the bench.

Our management stinks.

If this team had unnamed pg, Braswell, and Guerrier we likely are 12-3/13-2 and nobody is complaining about recruiting.

If we played the right guys when we needed them
on the court nobody is complaining about bad recruiting.

If we played Anselem and Torrence down the stretch yesterday and win nobody is complaining about recruiting.

We’ve signed good players and either they’ve left or JB has kept them on the bench.

Our management stinks.

100%. That's exactly what I said on Twitter and why I'm frustrated. We had a nice mix of players last year + Benny signed, but playing time decisions caused those guys to leave. All we needed was to keep those guys + have Jesse improve (which has happened) and I think we're challenging for a top 25 ranking.

Guys like Symir and Jimmy Jr and Girard are fine players too and I like that we brought them in, I just wanted them in depth roles more than significant starting roles.

The move to the ACC really hurt Pitt the most as they were living off of NY area recruiting and that dried up once they moved to the ACC as they almost never play a game within 200 miles of NYC anymore. Plus, they have made poor coaching hires. I do think Dixon saw the handwriting on the wall which prompted him to leave for TCU.

BC basketball is a challenging job and would have been in the BE and not playing many teams in the Northeast has hurt them. And, they pushed out Al Skinner and they have never recovered. Like Pitt, they have made some bad coaching hires. It seems they just don't care that much about basketball.

Syracuse won't ever sink to the levels of Pitt or BC. Why? There is a large fanbase that loves basketball. In the short term the Boeheim issue is negatively impacting performance, but it should be drawing to a close in the near future. He has done so much for Syracuse basketball that he does deserve to leave when he thinks it's time. That said, leaving the BE (and the BE Tournament) has impacted Syracuse basketball as Syracuse will not be a top 2 school in the ACC like they were in the BE, but Syracuse will still have the ability to compete for National Championships. Bottom line, the key to success for Syracuse will be the next coaching hire.

The move to the ACC really hurt Pitt the most as they were living off of NY area recruiting and that dried up once they moved to the ACC as they almost never play a game within 200 miles of NYC anymore. Plus, they have made poor coaching hires. I do think Dixon saw the handwriting on the wall which prompted him to leave for TCU.

BC basketball is a challenging job and would have been in the BE and not playing many teams in the Northeast has hurt them. And, they pushed out Al Skinner and they have never recovered. Like Pitt, they have made some bad coaching hires. It seems they just don't care that much about basketball.

Syracuse won't ever sink to the levels of Pitt or BC. Why? There is a large fanbase that loves basketball. In the short term the Boeheim issue is negatively impacting performance, but it should be drawing to a close in the near future. He has done so much for Syracuse basketball that he does deserve to leave when he thinks it's time. That said, leaving the BE (and the BE Tournament) has impacted Syracuse basketball as Syracuse will not be a top 2 school in the ACC like they were in the BE, but Syracuse will still have the ability to compete for National Championships. Bottom line, the key to success for Syracuse will be the next coaching hire.

Villanova's rise has also hurt Pitt IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors