Are we missing what's in front of us | Syracusefan.com

Are we missing what's in front of us

Yeah I was saying that today. The offense looked much better with Mahoney. Lsu and today! I don't think dungey is letting things develop if he doesn't see anything he takes off.

The Mahoney-led offense is better than the Dungey offense. Start him the last two games, we're not going to a bowl anyway.

Today was some real production, but it was still only 80 yds passing, but that was a legit 27pts and some excellent running.

LSU, is a bit overstated, they never really put turned it up. Pretty vanilla on defense.

I was actually thinking this too. Shut ED down and play with Mahoney. Anyone want to rethink hiring the Navy Coach?
Don't have to. If this staff survives we will probably morph into a full fledged triple option team anyway. Seems to be what works.

I was actually thinking this too. Shut ED down and play with Mahoney. Anyone want to rethink hiring the Navy Coach?
You and I are voices in the wilderness. I don't think we ever out-FSU FSU, or out Clemson Clemson. Navy won big today (again).

Don't have to. If this staff survives we will probably morph into a full fledged triple option team anyway. Seems to be what works.

I agree crusty. I think that's our best bet if staff is retained. Officer with spread option

You and I are voices in the wilderness. I don't think we ever out-FSU FSU, or out Clemson Clemson. Navy won big today (again).
Same here. I like Navy's style... with a few more passes.

:bang:

Seriously. If we bring back Shafer so he can run the triple option next year that may be the straw that breaks this camels back.

I am maintaining sanity because I have myself convinced that Coyle is a smart man and has already begun vetting his potential coaching candidates. Candidates like Babers, Fleck, Montgomery. Offensive guys who can bring a unique style to the Dome. There's just no way Coyle came here only to watch a HC he didn't hire fumble, and bumble to another 3 win season. I have faith that Coyle is 1 step ahead, and is in the midst of executing his master plan. Or at least this is what I will continue to tell myself to get me through the rest of this season.

Seriously. If we bring back Shafer so he can run the triple option next year that may be the straw that breaks this camels back.

I am maintaining sanity because I have myself convinced that Coyle is a smart man and has already begun vetting his potential coaching candidates. Candidates like Babers, Fleck, Montgomery. Offensive guys who can bring a unique style to the Dome. There's just no way Coyle came here only to watch a HC he didn't hire fumble, and bumble to another 3 win season. I have faith that Coyle is 1 step ahead, and is in the midst of executing his master plan. Or at least this is what I will continue to tell myself to get me through the rest of this season.
Right there with you.

Right there with you.
I'm for replacing SS, but I do think the Navy/GT offense is our best chance for sustained success. We are not going to out-recruit FSU, Clemson or Louisville in our division, maybe not even NC State.

WE PLAY IN A ******* MOTHER******' DOME
... and those schools play in Southern or Mid-South weather with a built-in advantage as state schools, plus remember that half our games are on the road.

... and those schools play in Southern or Mid-South weather with a built-in advantage as state schools, plus remember that half our games are on the road.
:bang::bang::bang:

If we're going to excuse away the one unique advantage we have we should just nuke the program. Put a bullet in it and be done.

Willy75 said:
The Mahoney-led offense is better than the Dungey offense. Start him the last two games, we're not going to a bowl anyway.

No, it's not. 322 yards on 56 plays. No passing game.

Given Dungey's health concerns, there is zero reason for him to see another snap this season.

I swear if he plays and gets lit up again in a meaningless game, I will lose it.

Dungey is as good a runner as the officer, maybe better, and has a hell of a lot better arm. He gives you more options in the option. I find it hard to believe Dungey couldn't have run through those same holes, but he also completes a few of those deep balls that Mahoney missed on.

320 yards. 15 first downs. 3-13 on 3rd. It was really no different than any other offensive output. We just scored 3 more points.

Some differences were forcing 3 turnovers and the defense forcing a few more punts even though they gave up nearly 600 yards.

Dungey is as good a runner as the officer, maybe better, and has a hell of a lot better arm. He gives you more options in the option. I find it hard to believe Dungey couldn't have run through those same holes, but he also completes a few of those deep balls that Mahoney missed on.
Dungey simply will not survive as an option qb.

PhatOrange said:
320 yards. 15 first downs. 3-13 on 3rd. It was really no different than any other offensive output. We just scored 3 more points. Some differences were forcing 3 turnovers and the defense forcing a few more punts even though they gave up nearly 600 yards.

Thank you.

I mean it's cool we scored a little more than we usually so. And Mahoney is fun to watch run. But the O still stunk.

But we'd have to out Georgia Tech, Georgia Tech (once every 6 years). :D

Honestly, I wouldnt have a problem with the triple option if we went all in on it. I doubt it would satiate the masses though,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom