Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC

So I assume he is not considered a prominent NBA prospect right? Plenty of NBA ready UNC guys bounce when they are able to. Not sure his game translates outside of being a bruiser back up center.
He was not on ESPN's top 100 prospects. Their highest rated player was Caleb Love, who moved up from #96 to #43 during the tournament.

Or maybe he likes it there? Likes his coach?

Cole, Buddy and Jimmy aren’t staying and trying professional because they don’t like the coach? That’s not what I just read in Coles interview.

Cole, Buddy and Jimmy aren’t staying and trying professional because they don’t like the coach? That’s not what I just read in Coles interview.
This is just me speculating but maybe the healthier programs create better NIL opportunities. Happy Fans = more money and opportunity.

May appear to be more money overseas/elsewhere, if you’re at a program thats struggling or stagnant.

This is just me speculating but maybe the healthier programs create better NIL opportunities. Happy Fans = more money and opportunity.

May appear to be more money overseas/elsewhere, if you’re at a program thats struggling or stagnant.
Also, if you aren't going to get drafted anyways, it might simply be more fun to stay in school and try to lead your team to a national title (which I'm sure Bacot thinks UNC has a chance of winning) vs. potentially another year of struggle at Syracuse.

Also, if you aren't going to get drafted anyways, it might simply be more fun to stay in school and try to lead your team to a national title (which I'm sure Bacot thinks UNC has a chance of winning) vs. potentially another year of struggle at Syracuse.

UNC will be top 5 and Bacot will get NPOY predictions from day 1. Tons of exposure and scouts on top of NIL. He can make money and get the best chance to showcase he is a first rounder.

I don’t necessarily disagree but how does that translate to other schools who aren’t successful but have businesses and people go big on NIL. Take EMU for example. A bunch of alumni chipped in millions for a kitty to be used for NIL.

Notice you didn't mention Jimmy or Buddy

I don’t necessarily disagree but how does that translate to other schools who aren’t successful but have businesses and people go big on NIL. Take EMU for example. A bunch of alumni chipped in millions for a kitty to be used for NIL.
That honestly just seems like luck of the draw, an outlier.

I don’t think Syracuse’s problem is alumni support. The school’s fostered an environment of close knit alumni support with the Boeheim staff/family for decades. We have outstanding alumni/boosters.

I can’t put my finger on what’s deteriorated here though. What it means to wear a syracuse jersey and play in the dome, or the kids we’re putting the jerseys on. There just doesn’t seem to be the same swagger/pride anymore. Girard may be an exception.

Syracuse has the fans, it has history and money, but I think we’ve let the culture and what it means to be Cuse slip into stagnance.

Im just rambling a bit so I apologize

because they don’t like the coach?
He gave two potential reasons. Not just one. Culture and fit could be big things. I don't know. I'm not a 5th year senior at UNC. I like my boss, I don't care for a lot of the other stuff in the office and if I'm offered a payday, I'm not sticking around because of a personal relationship.

Whatever it is there are two paths to success in NCAA basketball: A) blue chip recruits and B) good players with lots of experience. UNC (and KU) generally get a little of A and a whole lot of B.

I didn’t mention anything about the three of them.

I didn’t mention anything about the three of them.

They are the ones going pro and not staying and Bacot did the opposite which you said maybe he likes the coach. Ergo my reply.

He gave two potential reasons. Not just one. Culture and fit could be big things. I don't know. I'm not a 5th year senior at UNC. I like my boss, I don't care for a lot of the other stuff in the office and if I'm offered a payday, I'm not sticking around because of a personal relationship.

Whatever it is there are two paths to success in NCAA basketball: A) blue chip recruits and B) good players with lots of experience. UNC (and KU) generally get a little of A and a whole lot of B.

Same answer by me on the other potential reasons too then.

UNC, for some reason, seems to be a bit different from most programs.

Think back to the 2016 championship game (Nova at the buzzer). UNC had Marcus Paige, who was a consensus top PG coming out of high school. He was sure to turn pro after his soph year, but he didn't; nor did he after his junior year. Instead, as a senior, he's hitting a circus 3-pointer with 10 seconds to go to tie the game.

Or look back to the powerhouse UNC team of 2009. They had Tyler Hansborough, SR, future journeyman NBA player. Lawson, JR, lottery pick, with a decent NBA career. And Danny Green, SR, solid NBA bench player (and more), with a couple of championship rings.

The head coach has changed, and there was no NIL in 2009. So why do they stay?

Culture? Co-eds? Lack of academic pressure?

[On the other hand, Cole Anthony couldn't wait to escape after one injury-shortened season.]

UNC, for some reason, seems to be a bit different from most programs.

Think back to the 2016 championship game (Nova at the buzzer). UNC had Marcus Paige, who was a consensus top PG coming out of high school. He was sure to turn pro after his soph year, but he didn't; nor did he after his junior year. Instead, as a senior, he's hitting a circus 3-pointer with 10 seconds to go to tie the game.

Or look back to the powerhouse UNC team of 2009. They had Tyler Hansborough, SR, future journeyman NBA player. Lawson, JR, lottery pick, with a decent NBA career. And Danny Green, SR, solid NBA bench player (and more), with a couple of championship rings.

The head coach has changed, and there was no NIL in 2009. So why do they stay?

Culture? Co-eds? Lack of academic pressure?

[On the other hand, Cole Anthony couldn't wait to escape after one injury-shortened season.]
They arent...what you guys are missing is the NUMBER of top guys they get so yeah they have some stay, they also have a bunch leave.

They JUST lost Kessler and Sharpe last year. Cole Anthony as you said.. Coby White, Nas Little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom