Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC

They arent...what you guys are missing is the NUMBER of top guys they get so yeah they have some stay, they also have a bunch leave.

They JUST lost Kessler and Sharpe last year. Cole Anthony as you said.. Coby White, Nas Little.
Kessler and Sharpe and Brooks (and Manley?) didn't want to be part of the traditional UNC rotate-4-bigs-two-at-a-time system--which may have departed when Roy Williams did. Anthony, who grew up in an NBA family, was probably thinking pros when he was 14. Nas Little had an inflated impression of his abilities. White turned out to be better than he was originally projected--he had to go.

Kessler and Sharpe and Brooks (and Manley?) didn't want to be part of the traditional UNC rotate-4-bigs-two-at-a-time system--which may have departed when Roy Williams did. Anthony, who grew up in an NBA family, was probably thinking pros when he was 14. Nas Little had an inflated impression of his abilities. White turned out to be better than he was originally projected--he had to go.

So they are just like every other team in the country?

We can give a similar list of reasons/excuses on why our guys left.

So they are just like every other team in the country?

We can give a similar list of reasons/excuses on why our guys left.
Maybe the past couple of years. But they do have a history of holding on to guys who would have gone pro if they had played elsewhere. I gave examples of guys on their '09 and '16 items that played for the championship.

Culture, coach, blah, blah, blah. They are paying him to stay. Its legal now and some schools will capitalize while others get left in the dust.

It seems we are a program being left in the ??????

Lol of course he is. We lose Cole. Bacot comes back to UNC. Wash rinse repeat.

That’s called cherry picking. There’s about 75 declaring.

Culture, coach, blah, blah, blah. They are paying him to stay. Its legal now and some schools will capitalize while others get left in the dust.

You gonna step up? And unc isn’t paying him nil.

I don't know about that and I'm in the Buddy can make an nba roster camp. I think all that draft hype last year was a little nuts.
It was way over the top but Bacot was not considered a top 100 prospect. Buddy was at least potentially on the fringe of being drafted.

It was way over the top but Bacot was not considered a top 100 prospect. Buddy was at least potentially on the fringe of being drafted.
True but buddy coming back was the least surprising thing ever. No way he wasn't not coming back to play one more year for his father at the school he loves.

You gonna step up? And unc isn’t paying him nil.
It wasn't a critique of Syracuse or any other school for not pushing on boosters to create NIL money/pay players it was a statement of current reality. Also, Im not faulting Syracuse boosters/fans or any other program for not competing in the arms race.

If you dont think booster clubs paying these players isn't coordinated in back rooms with people in the AD office I believe thats a Pollyanish viewpoint.

It wasn't a critique of Syracuse or any other school for not pushing on boosters to create NIL money/pay players it was a statement of current reality. Also, Im not faulting Syracuse boosters/fans or any other program for not competing in the arms race.

If you dont think booster clubs paying these players isn't coordinated in back rooms with people in the AD office I believe thats a Pollyanish viewpoint.

No doubt schools work with businesses and others. My comment was that unc isn’t paying him.

UNC probably will pay him more than the G league.

This seems to be a pretty soft draft though he might not get called next year.

This is how NIL could work in our favor and we haven’t figured out how to use it to our advantage yet why are we behind the times!!!!
Because we have a head coach who is nearly 80 years old and has been on probation twice for recruiting violations. In my opinion the entire SU athletic administration is gun shy about getting close to the line with the new NIL rules.

It’s the wild west of recruiting and Syracuse is stuck in the past.

Because we have a head coach who is nearly 80 years old and has been on probation twice for recruiting violations. In my opinion the entire SU athletic administration is gun shy about getting close to the line with the new NIL rules.

It’s the wild west of recruiting and Syracuse is stuck in the past.

Clueless

I mean, not directly. They're paying him, though.

It’s coming out of unc’s athletic budget?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom