ARod | Syracusefan.com

ARod

Toga

Living Legend
Not clutch. Opposite of clutch. Lacks clutch. Does not even know the meaning of clutch. Not clutch.

He and Swish both :(

It feels like he and Swich had one good playoffs during their tenure, but otherwise have been absolute garbage. And that's being kind.

As usual, ARod is a lightning rod in defeat, and justifiably so given his salary, talent and history. But that was a team loss Monday night. It's 2 out of 3 now, with favorable pitching match-ups for Games 3 and 5 and a rested bullpen. No excuses now.

Way too many guys left on base to blame it all on Arod. I do think however that they should move him down in the order at this point.

Girardi batting Aroid third is deplorable. Not only does he not produce, he is a rally killer. Instead of Cano coming to the plate with runners on its Aroid. Two times last night. He cant hit and when he does it's not out of infield or warning track power. Aroid has no more juice literally. $23 million a year to boot.

A-Rod just isn't the same player he once was. Father time is undefeated.

How much longer on the contract?

How much longer on the contract?

He's signed thru 2017 i believe. Unreal.

As alluded to, I don't think it's that he's "unclutch", so much as ungood these days. Bat speed must be real slow.

He's signed thru 2017 i believe. Unreal.

Just looked it up, you're right. $114 million over the next 5 years. And he gets $6 million each for HR 660, 714, 755, 762, and 763. he's at 647 right now. I wonder how many of those milestones he reaches int he next 5 years. 660 is a lock. He needs 67 more to get to 714; he's hit 16 and 18 the last few years. Staying around that level over the next 5 years would get him to 714, but I don't see him getting to 755. So let's call in 126 million over the next 5 years.

This says it all:

.133 lifetime batting average with RISP in post season play.

I think that was 2 outs and RISP, which I believe I read consisted of 34 at bats.

Although his future doesn't appear bright, it is worth noting guys like Aaron, Mays, Stargell and McCovey all were able to put together big seasons at age 38 or 39. It's not inconceivable that a healthy A-Rod has one or two 30/100/.290 seasons left in him.

Although his future doesn't appear bright, it is worth noting guys like Aaron, Mays, Stargell and McCovey all were able to put together big seasons at age 38 or 39. It's not inconceivable that a healthy A-Rod has one or two 30/100/.290 seasons left in him.

Yeah he definitely could have a season or two like that. He's an all time great player. But the trend is clear. The thing that would really worry me, were I a Yankee fan, is he's missed a decent amount of time each of the last 5 years. Some years more than others, but he hasn't been over 140 games in that time. Lot of seasons around 130 games or so, and the last two he's been at 99 and 122.

Yeah he definitely could have a season or two like that. He's an all time great player. But the trend is clear. The thing that would really worry me, were I a Yankee fan, is he's missed a decent amount of time each of the last 5 years. Some years more than others, but he hasn't been over 140 games in that time. Lot of seasons around 130 games or so, and the last two he's been at 99 and 122.

No question that his body seems to be breaking down. He does have his strong work ethic in his favor, but that can only take him so far. As a Yankee fan, I'm cautiously optimistic and hope he can provide some reasonable production on the back end of this contract. But I'm also aware that the decline has been swift and dramatic for many great power hitters (Mantle, Foxx, Mathews).

Not clutch. Opposite of clutch. Lacks clutch. Does not even know the meaning of clutch. Not clutch.
The Anti-Clutch, Clutchless, Where's Clutch(o)?

Just piling on. He's coming up third and I am trying to look foolish when he hits a 2 run homer.

Announcer says dropping Arod in lineup would hurt him mentally. He gets $23 million a year and now they want to give him ego protection,

Announcer says dropping Arod in lineup would hurt him mentally. He gets $23 million a year and now they want to give him ego protection,

Well to be fair to him, he ONLY gets 14 million after taxes

I thought he was gonna cry when Ibanez hit that first homer in the bottom of the 9th.

He's going to need it if he is going to make a serious run at Bonds, who unlike Rose with Jeter, sees no reason to say that ARod will not break his record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom