Athletic Story on Hillsman | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

The report, which sits behind a paywall, includes specific incidents regarding how Hillsman treated players, managers and female coaches. Many of those occurrences were confirmed by multiple other sources who The Athletic spoke with. All of the accusations comes from individuals who were granted anonymity.

I hate anonymous accusations.

Damn— former player Tyler Ash is even speaking out about this. Must be some truth to it after all because I know she wouldn’t lie about this. Yikes.

5A11FDA4-D1E3-49CE-A220-44A9073B358D.jpeg

I agree. It needs to be properly investigated before any decision is made by the administration. But I don't believe in firing anyone until an investigation is completed.
Unfortunately with today's culture, you really aren't given the opportunity to take a long time. Just the allegations coming out like they did will make any future recruiting almost impossible if the coach stays.

The report, which sits behind a paywall, includes specific incidents regarding how Hillsman treated players, managers and female coaches. Many of those occurrences were confirmed by multiple other sources who The Athletic spoke with. All of the accusations comes from individuals who were granted anonymity.

Unfortunately that's the world we currently live in.

Is it just me or has the Athletic department kinda been a show/mess once Wildhack took over. We have the softball stuff, Scanlon stuff, Coach Q stuff, misspelling jerseys during retirement ceremonies, terrible PR takes….like clean it up fellas. Eventually you gotta start pointing the fingers at yourselves

Is it just me or has the Athletic department kinda been a show/mess once Wildhack took over. We have the softball stuff, Scanlon stuff, Coach Q stuff, misspelling jerseys during retirement ceremonies, terrible PR takes….like clean it up fellas. Eventually you gotta start pointing the fingers at yourselves
If I recall that happened during Gross's tenure

It's you. You must have forgotten Fine.

You forgot the “ might be the worst football team in D-1” stuff.

No one likes them. But they are often necessary to get the truth out. And at the end of the day, that is what is important. And these stories are not written when they get one person to go anonymous. They have multiple sources for this story. And if that isn't enough for you, almost the entire team transferred out. That should tell us something.

No one likes them. But they are often necessary to get the truth out. And at the end of the day, that is what is important. And these stories are not written when they get one person to go anonymous. They have multiple sources for this story. And if that isn't enough for you, almost the entire team transferred out. That should tell us something.
But then why not go to the administration and file a formal complaint so it could be investigated.

Yes, that would be a good first step but if you can't attend a game then why not make it a practice to support women's sports beyond commenting about a scandal? Not calling you out specifically but just trying to make a point
But then why not go to the administration and file a formal complaint so it could be investigated.
Portal makes it easy to move on?

Yes, that would be a good first step but if you can't attend a game then why not make it a practice to support women's sports beyond commenting about a scandal?
Kelly I disagree with you here. I don't think you have to be a fan of a particular sports team to want student-athletes to be safe. We all love SU as an institution and don't want this kind of behavior anywhere in the athletic department regardless of whether it's a sport we find entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom