Attendance for UVA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance for UVA

8 miles apart. These people work with each other and meet each other in Wal-mart the next day. It's brutal.
Add to that the fact that North Carolina State is 18 miles down the rd and remembers UNC promoting and gloating over the post season penalty in the early 70's when NCSU Featured David Thompson. Then again with the academic and thuggery that plagued the latter Jim Valvano teams (Chris Washburn could only read at a 3rd grade level). UNC rode their backs for decades. So 40 yrs later NCSU fans get some academic dirt on UNC which had not been reported at the time. On the Pack Pride board NCSU fans dig and expose the academic cheating of UNC (These fans did all the leg work). This Pack Pride board was full of some Sharp NCSU fans who also happened to contain some smart people including some attorneys. Eventually the Raleigh News & Observer could not ignor the facts that this NCSU board was exposing about UNC academic cheating. And then the News & Observer opened their own investigation. The rest is history. And of couse UNC skirted. In 1973 NCSU did not. Hence UNCheat.

This is the chaos as a UVA fan i have lived in for 40 + years. They all hate each other ...

Fortunately paid attendance will be a lot higher
Not so sure about that. People that paid single game tickets for Virginia didn't buy tix in hopes of resale.

Not so sure about that. People that paid single game tickets for Virginia didn't buy tix in hopes of resale.
Not sure i follow you. Paid attendance is season ticket holders plus single game sales. Nor sure of the numbers but is Jake implying season tickets are less than 19,000. I would guess announced attendance is at least 23,000.

you look at whats for sale on ticketmaster and you are in mid 20s

Duke has four 9PM starts in conference this year, we have two.

UNC has a whole bunch of start times to be determined.

How many people actually attend a Duke game outside of the student section? Probably no traffic at all, people leave the game and are home by 11:30.

Getting out of the Dome with 25,000 people on a Wednesday at 11 pm can't be fun. I'm sure I'd do it if I lived there. But I'm going to be happy to just turn the game off and go to sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom