Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

Bud Elliot is a dunce holy cow. Go check his twitter.
I really like Bud and he's super knowledgeable but he's way off here. Although he is a recruiting guy so he knows it's damn hard here in that department.

I really like Bud and he's super knowledgeable but he's way off here. Although he is a recruiting guy so he knows it's damn hard here in that department.
What was said?

This is why Thamel is an asshat; from his article

Babers' recent struggles have highlighted what a difficult job Syracuse is, especially in the era of the transfer portal. Syracuse has lost several high-profile players in recent seasons to SEC and Big Ten schools, some of them leaving despite knowing they would play significantly less.

not true. Not one player left knowing they would play significantly less. They all left thinking they would be starters. He’s a tool.

Last edited:
This is why Thamel is an asshat from his article

Babers' recent struggles have highlighted what a difficult job Syracuse is, especially in the era of the transfer portal. Syracuse has lost several high-profile players in recent seasons to SEC and Big Ten schools, some of them leaving despite knowing they would play significantly less.

not true. Not one player left knowing they would play significantly less. They all left thinking they would be starters. He’s a tool.
Yeah I’ve never really understood the fascination of him as a reporter. He gets scoops so I get that part of it, but he regularly writes uninformed opinions based upon legitimate information he has. None of those guys left knowing they’d be backups.

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.
I would say more so that the administration stupidly demphasized football at a crucial crossroads of the sport evolving and we’ve been left in the dust ever since. They severely misunderstood how important of a driving factor football would be and put all there eggs in the basketball basket.

Yeah I’ve never really understood the fascination of him as a reporter. He gets scoops so I get that part of it, but he regularly writes uninformed opinions based upon legitimate information he has. None of those guys left knowing they’d be backups.

He's the best at getting scoops. Building a network of sources has been his superpower.

When he goes off script and gives opinions, I tune out.

If Shrader had stayed healthy they wouid have easily won 8 games. I think it’s a mistake to fire him. Hope I’m wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom