Battle 4 Atlantis expectations | Syracusefan.com

Battle 4 Atlantis expectations

Cuse House

All American
What are everyone's realistic expectations for the tourney? At this point I'm nervous about the rebounding effort vs. a UConn or a Gonzaga. Certainly no easy games in this field. I say we make it to Gonzaga and lose by 10 ish. We don't have the inside game to play with them down low. Certainly hope we can string a few good games together and win the whole thing. LGO!

Depends how hot we are from the outside, I think that's what this season is going to boil down to. If we hit 40% from 3 as a team, I think we win a game, anything less than that I think we struggle. Uconn, Gonzaga etc etc aren't going to allow us to win games by shooting poorly from the outside and we can't get away with things with them that we would against Lehigh or the Bonnies.

$1,000 bar tab, sun burn, lose my sun glasses, pass out on beach, pass out by pool, pass out in random room, booty dance with Bayside, find a wheelbarrow to push a certain board member around in, get pulled over driving that wheelbarrow, high speed chase in wheelbarrow, hide in OrangeTown's room, dye my hair so the police don't recognize me, do it all over again on day 2.

What are everyone's realistic expectations for the tourney? At this point I'm nervous about the rebounding effort vs. a UConn or a Gonzaga. Certainly no easy games in this field. I say we make it to Gonzaga and lose by 10 ish. We don't have the inside game to play with them down low. Certainly hope we can string a few good games together and win the whole thing. LGO!

I expect shooting, rebounding, winning, and losing. It's kind of hard not to expect the last one in my list with this team. But I guess it's possible they could win this tournament with some really hot outside shooting. Of course at that point our freshmen will start appearing on Ford's NBA draft board and our season will collapse in utter ruin.

$1,000 bar tab, sun burn, lose my sun glasses, pass out on beach, pass out by pool, pass out in random room, booty dance with Bayside, find a wheelbarrow to push a certain board member around in, get pulled over driving that wheelbarrow, high speed chase in wheelbarrow, hide in OrangeTown's room, dye my hair so the police don't recognize me, do it all over again on day 2.

The hell you are!

I'm hoping we can get two wins but I'm not guaranteeing it at this point. Charlotte has lost to East Carolina and Elon at this point so I'd like to think we can beat them. Speaking of Elon, I'd really like to put together 40 minutes of good ball Saturday night to send us off on the right note - actually I'd even take 35 :) Really want to see Tyler and Dajuan improve on their first two games - particularly Tyler on the offensive end.

I think we'd fair better against Mich than ucon at this point. But yeah, I think we'd have to be at or around 12-15 made threes to beat a top 20 team right now, considering where DC and TR seem to be

If the attack minded 2nd half vs St Bon team shows up I think the ceiling is to win the whole thing. If the first half team shows up 2-1 is a stretch. Given we saw how effective this team can be when attacking vs mtm and shooting vs the zone I expect the gameplan to cater to those strengths a bit more. I think a key point will be how we start. If we get going early we can beat anyone given the ability to get hot from the outside and get to the line.

I think something else we must do is push the tempo off misses. It seems we pull the ball back vs looking to attack( esp trevor) and it really bogs things down. We did much better in the 2nd half but still could improve and look to break in transition a lot more. With that said it has to be when we actually get the rebound vs breaking and then having no one on the glass.

Win it all I expect nothing less from Syracuse teams early on. Our athleticism does well early on. Alot of pedigree teams shoot the ball poorly early on, but not us this year.

Last edited:
There better be pictures posted on here

CuseTroop said:

So what will you do for fun?

Btw, these are real popular in the Bahamas. Pick one up.

image-3722503240.jpg

In other words - Thursday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom