Battle | Syracusefan.com

Battle

shu 49

All Conference
I think he for him had a bad end of first half. Terrible shot selection. Had people open and turned ball over 3 staight times. I syill think he is great but needs to think of team more at certain points in game. We were in no rush at end of halfand he kept runnin down and trying to make someting happen that didnt need to at that point and Jim didnt say a word to him about it. Coach every kid and not just the stars. Good game though overall.

I think he for him had a bad end of first half. Terrible shot selection. Had people open and turned ball over 3 staight times. I syill think he is great but needs to think of team more at certain points in game. We were in no rush at end of halfand he kept runnin down and trying to make someting happen that didnt need to at that point and Jim didnt say a word to him about it. Coach every kid and not just the stars. Good game though overall.

That is your take away after his 40 minutes? Respectfully offering a different take:

+ Kid has a beautiful game in development.

+ His ability to self-create offense can carry us through key stretches. And he had five steals. He ain’t digging it on the other end.

+ Enjoy him now. Compared to our last three early-NBA draft entrants (McCullough, Richardson, Lyndon), he is the most NBA ready.

But sure...he rushed that one shot yesterday.

Last edited:
I love his step-back jumper. If he make the one on the right side off the low post it would have been a highlight film.

That is your take away after his 40 minutes? Respectfully offering a different take:

+ His ability to self-create offense can carry us through key stretches. And he had five steals. He ain’t digging it on the other end.

+ Enjoy him now. Compared to our last three early-NBA draft entrants (McCulloygh, Richardson, Lyndon), he is the most NBA ready.

Agreed. And I can't spell McCulloygh either.

He tried to do way too much at times and Dick called him out on it.

I like Battle, but his game is not going to translate to the NBA. There wasn’t an NBA player on the floor last night. SU has a couple of potentially very good college players, but they are not going to be getting much run in the NBA. Who has a better all around game? Silent G or Battle? G isn’t in the league.

+ Enjoy him now. Compared to our last three early-NBA draft entrants (McCullough, Richardson, Lyndon), he is the most NBA ready.

You meant "ain't dogging it" right? I'm usually not a stickler as me don't spell good, but this significantly changes the meaning.

I like Battle, but his game is not going to translate to the NBA. There wasn’t an NBA player on the floor last night. SU has a couple of potentially very good college players, but they are not going to be getting much run in the NBA. Who has a better all around game? Silent G or Battle? G isn’t in the league.

Oshae tends to disagree with this post.

Oshae is going to be a pro. Battle - I"m not sure yet.

He's a way better NBA prospect than G if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I am not knocking this kid at

Well yeah. I was wtching the game when i posted and it was 3

Having a prblem with my phone. The 3 possesions i will say he didnt look good. Look at end of half. Just sating. I also said he played great other 37 min.

JB does not need to publicly berate the kid, would be a terrible move. Battle is a team leader.

Now in private/practice, I certainly expect JB to review and teach.

I hope JB can increase TB's BB IQ in a hurry. I didn't like the end of half or end of game mental aspects. Battle got caught for the over and back.
And Battle went all-in for the points instead of the pull out and killing time when under 2 minutes and up 7 - the play where he missed the layup and it went off his face and out of bounds. Gave UConn a chance to hit a three and really make that game unnecessarily tight. It's not the JB way - I know better and would hope Battle will in the future.

Battle is great but obviously, he's still got things to learn including when to force things and when to give up the ball.

How do you know what JB did or didn't say to him at halftime?

I believe he will turn out to be one of the best scorers SU has ever put in the league.

That was a 2-for-1 shot with about 40 seconds left in the half. Wasn't a great shot, but it made sense.

Tyus is really our only consistent offense and the only one able to create for himself. I don't know if we'd win 5 games this year without him.

Tyus' ability to score in iso situations (which is pretty much a need for an NBA prospect) is so far advanced compared to G, and it isn't really close. If Tyus wants to take his man off the dribble, he's getting by them. It's the help sliding over that is causing him problems(getting charges called). The only thing that G has over Tyus as far as overall skill is concerned is his ability to hit shots more consistently from behind the 3. And if I remember correctly, that is something that G really worked on, and was very good by his senior year. Tyus has time, and I imagine he will (probably and unfortunately (ie Jerami Grant) once he gets to the NBA) develop a much more consistent long range jumper. I love G...guy was a gamer and I do think he deserves a shot(unfortunately he's a guard for G-State G league(not the best situation for someone trying to make the NBA), but Tyus has so much more potential.

That was a 2-for-1 shot with about 40 seconds left in the half. Wasn't a great shot, but it made sense.

Tyus is really our only consistent offense and the only one able to create for himself. I don't know if we'd win 5 games this year without him.
Not 5 bleepin games!!!

Haha sorry...had to do it!

I think you meant to say - 5 BLEEPING GAMES!

Gbinije wasn’t very good even as a 3rd year sophomore. He came off the bench and scored like 4 points per game.

Whe talking NBA potential, you’ve gotta take into account that you’re comparing a sophomore to a 5th year senior. 3 years is huge.

Tyus' ability to score in iso situations (which is pretty much a need for an NBA prospect) is so far advanced compared to G, and it isn't really close. If Tyus wants to take his man off the dribble, he's getting by them. It's the help sliding over that is causing him problems(getting charges called). The only thing that G has over Tyus as far as overall skill is concerned is his ability to hit shots more consistently from behind the 3. And if I remember correctly, that is something that G really worked on, and was very good by his senior year. Tyus has time, and I imagine he will (probably and unfortunately (ie Jerami Grant) once he gets to the NBA) develop a much more consistent long range jumper. I love G...guy was a gamer and I do think he deserves a shot(unfortunately he's a guard for G-State G league(not the best situation for someone trying to make the NBA), but Tyus has so much more potential.

Tyus is a little quicker than G and a quicker leaper/riser. He still will push off his man (off of no help/sliding) which is getting annoying but he has that killer instinct when you need a bucket. You’d still like to see him pass more on drives. That part of his game his coming. We are lucky to have him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom