Beau Baldwin thread... | Syracusefan.com

Beau Baldwin thread...

kcsu

Living Legend
Beu Baldwin? I think from Eastern Washington

Beu Baldwin? I think from Eastern Washington

That's nuts.

You fire Scott Shafer, regardless of record, to hire a guy who's never left lower division Washington? He's been at two places, and his only mentor is PAUL WULFF, the guy with the Grobian level record of 9-40 at Washington St.

There's no way, oh hell no, and NO WAY.

not a bad candidate.

but yeah, the west coast only hampers him as well as i hate hes coming off a bad year.

Sounds good if we're willing to give him 4 years.

Passing offense ranked 1-2-4 over past 3 years.

they do throw for a lot of yards in a no huddle.

http://stats.ncaa.org/team/index/12240?org_id=207.0

it would be fun and interesting

he might be the best passing coach in FCS. their numbers are incredible

this guy is so out of the blue, i believe the rumor.

forget about northeast gym teacher bullsh!t. light it up, the recruits will come

This is the type of hire that has huge upside it it works. I love the offensive prowess. Dude will need some time though for sure but he has success as a HC.

Coyle might see the dome as a passing Mecca... I like the fcs route but like Moorhead at Fordham better.

That is probably because he lost his stud QB to Oregon.
yet they still throw the ball pretty well

9th in efficiency, 1st in passing yards, 8th in total yards

always good on offense, up and down on defense. i'm intrigued

interview http://bobcatnation.com/node/603

Baldwin is Eastern’s primary play-caller. His offensive scheme has continued to diversify as the Eagles continue to rise through the ranks of the nationally elite.

“Jokingly, I sometimes call it the ‘nation offense’, stealing a little bit from people around the nation,” said Baldwin, a Central Washington alum who is 51-21 during his time at EWU. “We still will get into 21 (two-tight end, one-back) and 13 personnel (a tight end, fullback, tailback and quarterback), then we’ll jump in to 10 personnel (single back) and empty. From a standpoint of describing it, my goal is to be balanced. We won’t be 50/50 and I know everyone thinks of it as pass- first. Our numbers show that. But I want to be able to threaten people with the running game and get into a number of different formations to get our playmakers out in space.”

Baldwin learned under Greg Olson as a quarterback at CWU. Olson, a disciple of former Montana State quarterback Dennis Erickson, went on to be the offensive coordinator for the Oakland Raiders. Baldwin, who backed up future NFL quarterback Jon Kitna during CWU’s 1995 NAIA national title run, took Olson and Erickson’s single-back philosophies and built an offense that has been one of the FCS’ most fearsome.

“It goes back to the one-back offense that I grew up in before the gun spread, the true one-back offense and that’s where it starts,” Baldwin said. “Dennis Erickson and Greg Olson, who was my quarterbacks coach and coordinator influenced me. We’ve build off of that. It’s hard for me to put a name on the offense, but I’m not really worried about putting a name on it. I just want to score points and keep teams off balance.”

Mission accomplished. The Eagles are averaging nearly 40 points per game thanks to an offense that churns out 530 yards per outing. While Adams and EWU’s stellar wide receivers garner most of the headlines, the run game is an underrated aspect of the Eastern attack.

That's nuts.

You fire Scott Shafer, regardless of record, to hire a guy who's never left lower division Washington? He's been at two places, and his only mentor is PAUL WULFF, the guy with the Grobian level record of 9-40 at Washington St.

There's no way, oh hell no, and NO WAY.
sounds like he looks at greg olson (marrone's current mentor) as his mentor.

he lost his QB to oregon and then stills scored 40+ on them and that kid ended up getting benched at oregon

yet they still throw the ball pretty well

9th in efficiency, 1st in passing yards, 8th in total yards

always good on offense, up and down on defense. i'm intrigued

Such a huge leap.

How many FCS coaches have gotten hired directly to P5 HC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom