Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

Is it possible the idea of a farewell tour has suddenly.become less lousy to Boeheim than another season of criticism and people saying he needs to to retire?

This gets him one more year, and a lot less chatter along the way

Top 1/3rd of teams playing basketball. Are there many examples of being in the top 1/3rd of something and not being considered good? We’re not talking great. We’re not taking very good. Just good.

If your NFL team had the 10th best QB in the league, you wouldn’t call him good? Let’s say you don’t agree with the rankings that put them in the top 1/3rd. They’re certainly top half. You’d call the 15th best QB what? Trash?

Feel free to let me know what else you’d like me to relate this to if football isn’t your thing.
Let me ask you this. If Colgate loses their conference tournament, do they still get an at large bid?

Top 1/3rd of teams playing basketball. Are there many examples of being in the top 1/3rd of something and not being considered good? We’re not talking great. We’re not taking very good. Just good.

If your NFL team had the 10th best QB in the league, you wouldn’t call him good? Let’s say you don’t agree with the rankings that put them in the top 1/3rd. They’re certainly top half. You’d call the 15th best QB what? Trash?

Feel free to let me know what else you’d like me to relate this to if football isn’t your thing.
Any other program he would be gone and you would not have to spend your time defending

Turns out I misread the final score, so you’re correct.

Edit, they did get smoked by Arkansas the year before.
Wrong again. Colgate led by 14 at one point. Arkansas came back, then pulled away at the end.

Unless it's 1923, Syracuse should never lose to Colgate. I can't believe there are actual Syracuse fans that are totally ok losing to them twice in a row. They're not a good team and they outscored us by 36 after we took an 18 point lead.

I hope you're a lawyer, because you're legit good at rationalizing nonsense.

I have a question. What about any of this would indicate I’m okay with losing to Colgate two years in a row?

Seriously.

Wrong again. Colgate led by 14 at one point. Arkansas came back, then pulled away at the end.
So like they did to us? Yeah that’s even worse. Double smoked.

We cannot have losing to Colgate be acceptable. We absolutely, unequivocally cannot have a losing *streak* to Colgate be acceptable.

It's not the direct cause as to why you relieve a legendary coach from his job, but it's a screaming symptom of the disease of why would you relieve a legendary coach from his job.

Any other program he would be gone and you would not have to spend your time defending

This argument is in response to a specific post. We’re not discussing any of the other factors outside of just losing to a quad 3 team twice.

Is it possible the idea of a farewell tour has suddenly.become less lousy to Boeheim than another season of criticism and people saying he needs to to retire?

This gets him one more year, and a lot less chatter along the way
That's exactly what I was thinking. He gets one more year and because everyone knows it's his last, there won't be as much frustration about his antics, playing zone, etc.

NFL teams, even the Jets, are all like P5 hoops teams. There is no comparison here.

It’s all relative. If you have the 40th best QB in college football you have a good QB.

All in on the John Hughes references. I like it. Keep it up.
Is it true that French babes don't shave their pits?

1512148199-buzz-from-home-alone-475024.jpg

Is it true that French babes don't shave their pits?

1512148199-buzz-from-home-alone-475024.jpg

My grandma was adamant none of the hijinks ever happened and Kevin just fell asleep, had a dream and woke up with his parents coming back.

She wouldn't budge from that stance. She also crushed fools at Shuffleboard, told me it was a man's job to drive (when I asked why she never got a driver's license) and made cheese blintzes to die for.

My source tells me Syracuse Basketball will indeed field a team in the ACC during the 2023/2024 - I really trust the guy.
John Wooden will be the next coach only if Walton and Jabar agree to come back.

Power 5 athletics isn't the place to ride out your career because you don't want to retire. That's what D3, high school are for. It's a disgrace that this has been allowed to carry on, with no end in sight.

easy. far from a "disgrace". Look around college sports plenty more disgraceful situations.

You have made your opinion known

Syracuse was unranked in yesterday’s AP Poll, now making it 4 seasons since SU was last ranked.

Jim Boeheim became the head coach in 1976.

Up until the 2018-19 season, the Orange were ranked:
• every year (43 yrs)
• 18 entire seasons
• 10+ weeks 12 more times

A sad decline.

Syracuse was unranked in yesterday’s AP Poll, now making it 4 seasons since SU was last ranked.

Jim Boeheim became the head coach in 1976.

Up until the 2018-19 season, the Orange were ranked:
• every year (43 yrs)
• 18 entire seasons
• 10+ weeks 12 more times

A sad decline.

This one is all over the twittersphere right now...

If the entirety of the roster returns (excluding Joe and Edwards), I do believe one more year of JB is our best chance of winning. If we lose several of our freshmen, we really should move on.
Winning what?

Losing two of our better players, having literally no scoring punch outside of Judah returning (assuming he would), mediocre shooting and relying on this weak freshmen class is a way to win? Unless a reinvigorated JB hits the portal hard to play over said freshmen, I see no path to winning under him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom